NikoPower

0.5.13 Downtime and Patch Notes

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

78 posts in this topic

i wish we could choose which type of container gets auto-collected at the end of the day, instead of it being random.

e.g. set to auto-collect the "try your luck"container, then open them all at once when you feel like it.

also, an option to skip that loooooooooong animation when opening them would be nice.

let them enjoy the animation XD its only like 10 secs .-. take more to load in battle and would be great if you can lets say ... pre-choice them ? like a click option to only get try your luck containers auto if you dont manually get them no ? sorry bad english .-. dont kill me 

The British are coming the British are coming!!

This is very bad news for sestroyer captains.   These ships are all designed to be destroyer hunters.

Hopefully they will bring more balance to the game, and lessen the influence that destroyers currently have.

A bit salty the belfast will arrive long after the RN cruisers. was hoping to get the belfast a bit sooner... o well

Come all ye subjects of the royals, the time has come to go fox hunting! The sly foxes of the seas days are numbered. Go forth and Destroy all those pesky DD's , send them to a watery grave. Take command of your Cruisers of the Royal Navy. Bolster your Captains to top form. Liven your game play with ship Upgrades and Hunt to your hearts content. Good Luck and Fair Seas.  Lord Scott of Edinbourgh 

This is very bad news for sestroyer captains.   These ships are all designed to be destroyer hunters.

Hopefully they will bring more balance to the game, and lessen the influence that destroyers currently have.

I wouldn't pin your hopes on this, they are squishy and still suffer the same problem of all cruisers, they are instantly targeted by BBs so they will be reluctant to push up.

I wouldn't pin your hopes on this, they are squishy and still suffer the same problem of all cruisers, they are instantly targeted by BBs so they will be reluctant to push up.

You are mistaken.  I will be coming to get your destroyer.  You need to be afraid.

tumblr_static_scary-monster-copy.jpg

Edited by Lance53

The impact of this optimization will be most noticeable on low-performance PCs.

Noticeable how? As in its going to bog a low-performance PC down and make the game unplayable or its going to make the game more responsive for low end PCs?

The dang Redcoats are gonna be clogging the seas! I cant wait to try one on mah self!  :)

Nice so today for me, west coast:))

Nice so today for me, west coast:))

No, the update is 4am Wednesday Oct 19th on the West Coast of USA.

Noticeable how? As in its going to bog a low-performance PC down and make the game unplayable or its going to make the game more responsive for low end PCs?

They mean that the changes will make a low end PC more responsive and faster.  The issue does not affect people that have powerful systems with fast CPU's and graphics.  

The update is meant to help people with older low end computers.

Edited by Lance53

Yes, and no.  Since they only carry AP ammo, they're not often going to do a tremendous amount of damage per volley; I was watching one YouTuber using the Minotaur, and saw a destroyer (a Fubuki if memory serves) bounce multiple shots from medium range.  So fellow DD drivers, we're going to have to learn how to angle. :D

Also, because the British cruisers are relatively lightly armored, I would think they'd be relatively easy to penetrate with most destroyers' AP shots.  Plus the point made before, that these ships will get deleted if a battleship or heavy cruiser ever gets a broadside shot at them.

What will be an issue is their extremely good (for a cruiser) concealment ratings, combined with smoke/radar.  These ships could be outstanding cappers in Domination matches.  Plus the ability to ripple fire their torpedoes could create for some interesting knife-fighting sessions with opposing destroyers.

Update will be happening on Wednesday 10/19. Apologies for the date slipping out. Was wrestling with formatting.

So I'll be getting it Today ?. The reason I ask is because I'm from the EU but play on the NA server purely because when I won a Closed Beta code way back when it was a NA server code, I was told it could be transfered to a EU Server but was problematic so I never bothered.That being said the server's are currently unavailable not even able to check for updates is this the maintenance for the patch I assume ?     

So I'll be getting it Today ?. The reason I ask is because I'm from the EU but play on the NA server purely because when I won a Closed Beta code way back when it was a NA server code, I was told it could be transfered to a EU Server but was problematic so I never bothered.That being said the server's are currently unavailable not even able to check for updates is this the maintenance for the patch I assume ?     

NA server is back up, downloading the update right now.

The server is now back up and patch 0.5.13 is live on the NA servers. So it doesn't matter where you play from, if you play on the NA server then you can download the latest patch and play now!

The server is now back up and patch 0.5.13 is live on the NA servers. So it doesn't matter where you play from, if you play on the NA server then you can download the latest patch and play now!

Well, you say that, but my launcher is sitting on like 1000s and 0%. Cant seem to initialise torrent session

Well, you say that, but my launcher is sitting on like 1000s and 0%. Cant seem to initialise torrent session

It's overloaded pretty badly right now.  I'm fluctuating between 15 & 40kb/s and about 67% done.

i wish we could choose which type of container gets auto-collected at the end of the day, instead of it being random.

e.g. set to auto-collect the "try your luck"container, then open them all at once when you feel like it.

also, an option to skip that loooooooooong animation when opening them would be nice.

That'd be especially nice for those that will collect a bunch and open all at once.

The "national flavor" of the royal navy will be their citadels, even smaller than the clevelands (owing to the fact the only thing in the citadel will be the powerplant and magazines sitting well under the waterline) the latter probably would result in detonation for torpedo hits (better learn to detonate magazines with a torpedo :red_button:

When they talk about optimization, they talk about improving the performance...

Edited by hanesco