Belthorian

Wargaming some people who are making decisions over there need to be fired

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

87 posts in this topic

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

. . . and little to no understanding of programming, obviously. These things take time to develop and implement. The main problem with ranked is the whining of poor players. As far as clan wars goes, they're attempting to avoid the mistakes of WoT, where clan wars was abused and manipulated by a few large clans to the detriment of almost everyone else.

Edited by Moonrider

Please remember to be polite to one another, even if you do not agree with one another.

:honoring::honoring::honoring:

Edited by Njourour

Please remember to be polite to one another, even if you do not agree with one another.

:honoring::honoring::honoring:

What is this?!?! Next thing you know they will try and run a Presidential debate that way! Better to sling mud at strangers on the interwebs....  :P (we need a sarcasm smile)

Am I late to the party? I want in on the whining too! Umm...Pigeon is a poopy-head for making us wait all year for the ARP ships!  Am I doing this right?

Am I late to the party? I want in on the whining too! Umm...Pigeon is a poopy-head for making us wait all year for the ARP ships!  Am I doing this right?

You'll get there. Takes a bit more practice. Try this:

uKCQnX5.png

It may take a second to realize

Edited by Xannari

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

2uogrrs.jpg

If you aren't careful, you'll break the c0ck-o-meter.

Edited by Captain_Dorja

i have been very astute and observant with WG's methods for balance and suffice to say i am very frustrated and disappointed with their incompetence and indifference

You'll get there. Takes a bit more practice. Try this:

uKCQnX5.png

It may take a second to realize

I see the mods stepped in on that  ;P  I'll just assume it was something side-splitingly hilarious.

I do agree that somewhere in Wargaming.net's staff, there are underperforming or otherwise terrible people bogging the rest down. However, they aren't in the event organisers or the devs in charge of plotting the overall course of the game. The OP of this thread just sounds like yet another player not getting exactly what he wants, figures the game should be made his way, disregard all other users that might have a differing opinion than he has, and just beats on the brick wall of the company until his fists bleed then complains at the staff over it.

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

​Are you for real with that remark ? You must be some kind of clown !! that man spoke the truth !!

You don't have to play ranked; I chose not to play this season and am not missing anything.

I've never played on a team or in a clan and don't know anyone that does. No reason why you can't play solo.

The game is fine; I like new ships, ship trees, the maps, etc...

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

Someone is butthurt. 

Must... resist... [critical save fail]

Proof required or claim invalid.

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Logical fallacy - speaking for the group. Everyone does not hate it. I like it. I disliked the implementation of Season 4 alone. I am not the only one who likes Ranked, and a simple forum search can prove it.

Hystrionics, hyperbole, and unfounded assumptions do not an argument make.

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Precisely how many multiplayer games have competitive team play or clan play at launch? 50%? Maybe 20%? I don't know, but I do know it's not 100%. You clearly don't either, and competitive play isn't required for a multiplayer game to be successful.

Failure to provide evidence. Failure to connect evidence to argument.

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

Says... you? I would like new features. The features I would like do not necessarily match the feature set player X would like, nor the set player Y would like.

What I want is different from what you want, and WG is clearly trying to provide the best content balance they can. They are trying to please the group, not the individual. You are not god. You do not get to dictate who gets what and when.

11/10 argument fail, would read again for laughs. Keep beating yourself with that Stick of Righteousness; I'm sure once you've caved your skull you'll gain a measure of enlightenment.

Zath, Killjoy, I'm afraid you've both earned 4 minute penalties each for smashing this poor guy into the boards and shattering all his teeth

hc_referee_making_call_640_by_valhalla_s

*Disappears for two weeks*

*Starts Reading the Pigeon's Nest*

*Finds this Thread*

2hMjJlBm.jpg?1

y?

I like Ranked battles, I love this game and have spent a s_ load of money on it. Color me a very satisfied customer. Sure, feelings get heated in ranked, and Holy Crap, may we all be delivered from the god awful whining that happens in Ranked (and Standard) play. But you can ignore the negativity, and you gotta be a little tough, tough to accept the ups and downs "probability rolls" in a team battle game, and tough enough to accept some heat from your team mates when you're a butt head, and sometimes when you're not. So toughen up OP. Now, any post I make after this will be purely sarcastic and fun because I want to have a good time with this thread too, you popcorn posters shouldn't be the only ones... please please please don't nuke this thread too soon...

I only play pickup games, and I avoid clans like the elitist plague they are.  Your opinion is bad, and you should be fired.

Zath, Killjoy, I'm afraid you've both earned 4 minute penalties each for smashing this poor guy into the boards and shattering all his teeth

Wow, Cho, my opinion of you has increased 500%  - always love a hockey reference.  :)

Team battles were a hoot.

The bunch of us were basically clowning around, having fun..  even winning a few missions on occasion.

We'd hire Mercs who thought we were the absolute WORST team..  so ??  Of course, they went their own way after a couple battles.

When the wait times got so long and folks were getting restless....  I'd say over teamspeak, "Matchmaker is trying to find a team we can beat...  Give it some time..  We can wait.."

As for clans:  I think they would be specifically NOT fun for the vast majority of players who have a job, family, and a life.

It's another - do this or you are off the clan - type of bullying.  I heard something similar in various Teams where they would vote someone out after each loss.

In the real world, if there are lives and property in the balance, I'd say, Select the best and only let them fight the battles.  It was something similar to 'Classification' that they did in WW2.

But we're trying to balance retired folks, disabled veterans, working stiffs who only have a couple hours a day to play, and kids who never grew up.  It's not a good mix.

hc_referee_making_call_640_by_valhalla_s

A Double Minor (4 minutes) is only handed out rarely, usually on condition of an inadvertent, non-intentional stick to face drawing blood type idea.

You were looking to give them 5 minute majors and potential game misconducts for severe injury delivered. 

Also, this referee is either signalling a goal by pointing at the net, or pointing to the face off dot to let the players know which circle will be used to resume play..  A picture of his arm in the air, straight up, would be more fitting for calling a penalty.

If you need more hockey education, please feel free to ask. 

....I for one thought the OP's topic was pretty much on point, other than maybe, just maybe, be a little over the top with the Donald Trump, "you're fired!" stuff.

Edited by TurboT

It should be noted that Clan Wars are not for everyone and for those that have never participated in them yet they keep harping about it and want it so bad, they have no idea of the willingness that you must have to forget that you ever had a life outside of it because it takes that kind of commitment.  Young Padawans need to listen to those of us that have CW experience, do not wish for something so hard that you may regret getting so fast.