Belthorian

Wargaming some people who are making decisions over there need to be fired

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

87 posts in this topic

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

Edited by SCRAPY_DOO01

Well, I hate to break it to you, but all online competitive games force players into teams with other players. For example, CSGO and LoL, 2 very big names in the gaming world, have a teaming system similar to WoWs. If you don't like this system, I think you should stick to single player games. I hear Skyrim and Fallout are pretty good.

As for sales, I recently bought some doubloons, and many others have too, including premium ships. 

#1 : WRONG not everyone hates it . In fact I have seen very few say they dislike or hate it .

So did not even read the rest . Never do when someone claims the speak for everyone ; like they are the only person in the world whose opinion matters .

Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for a debate?

#1 Ranked is completely optional. Don't participate if you don't like it.

#2 They actually have team play. They did it for one season. Not sure where they are now. I didn't participate the first time but signed up with a group for the next season.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

I don't hate it. In fact, I love it. I'm forced to play my best because I know there are better players out there and it forces me to step up my game.

And going by your logic "ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups", that means games like DOTA2 or LOL should also have worse experiences (I play both as well). Throw in CS:GO as well since the matching is mostly "pick up groups" too.

Sorry you don't like ranked, but calling for somebody to get fired is more than a little harsh. I have to follow all kinds of dumb rules at work that pisses off customers. Should I be fired for following company policy?

You do realize that ranked is completely optional, right? You are by no means forced to play ranked.

Ranked isn't the best game mode but this season isn't terrible. I think the restriction of just tier 8 has been a big help but I still wish there was a safe rank in the single digits that wasn't 1. 

Now if you want to get mad at something get Mad at Radar being able to see through solid rock and spot a target hiding behind a massive island. Having two radar ships on the enemy team just sitting safely Behind an island keeping both caps lit by radar is enough to make a destroyer player rage. 

Where do you guys get all this popcorn?

If you hate ranked play don't play it.

As for clans well there have been those that has tried there best but all we hear is SOON.

Regards the_coolerking

Someone should lose their job and livelyhood because you dont like how the game turned out... right

Someone should lose their job and livelyhood because you dont like how the game turned out... right

If you make terrible decisions that effect how profitable the game is than yes, you should be fired.

Let me guess.... Tried to play ranked, had crap teams and got salty. 

Ps. think wrong effect vs affect. 

Pointless Rambling

So your suggestion is to fire someone every time they do something you dont like?  Its going to be a rough life for you sir.  best of luck.

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

2 for 2 so far

hypgauge2_zpsbaveqfc5.gif

Let me guess.... Tried to play ranked, had crap teams and got salty. 

Ps. think wrong effect vs affect. 

Correct.  "Affect" is usually a verb.  "Effect" is usually a noun.  The way that Belthorian used "effect" in post #16 is incorrect, and should have been "affect".

#1 Did you not see the seal-clubbing disaster that team battles was, with the top teams having a sudden spike to 80-90% win rates and que times exceeding an hour?

And have you actually tried to collect a group of 7 players who where all capable of smoke and radar tactics, not to mention most above a 60% win rate. Who where all willing to be on team speak at the same time for the 20 or so hours you'd need to rank up? And could you face down pure unicum teams with weeks of practice at beating your face into the dirt with the highest level off efficiency.

#2 I personally prefer to have WoWs now rather than later, if you don't mind.

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

1. I can sympathize about Ranked Battles becoming rather unpopular due to the great number of crap teams.  It is getting increasingly unfun to play.  That said, Ranked Battles is about INDIVIDUAL performance, not TEAM performance on the macro level (i.e. not in any individual battle).

2. Disagree, sort of.  It doesn't bother me that there's no clan wars yet.  And 3 ship divisions are NOT "pathetically small".  Any larger and they'd have too great an impact on the outcome of any PvP battle.  An argument can be made for allowing somewhat larger divisions for co-op, since you're only playing against bots.

As for team battles, I don't see why they can't have team battles be more like tank companies are (were?) in WoT, where there was no ranking or seasons.  They were just an ongoing mode that you could play whenever you got a team together.  Also, I wish that team battles were allowed at different tiers.  Having them be at only a single tier is rather boring.

3.  I profoundly disagree on the statement regarding the releasing of more ship lines, maps, and missions vs competing team play and clan support.  I am VASTLY more interested in the former rather than the latter.  I want more nations' navies included, more ship lines, more maps, more modes!!!  The game gets stale quickly without more of these things.

And I strongly disagree with your assertion the WoWS' sales and marketing people "suck".  I think that they have a pretty good idea of what the pulse of the player community is.

#1 Did you not see the seal-clubbing disaster that team battles was, with the top teams having a sudden spike to 80-90% win rates and que times exceeding an hour?

And have you actually tried to collect a group of 7 players who where all capable of smoke and radar tactics, not to mention most above a 60% win rate. Who where all willing to be on team speak at the same time for the 20 or so hours you'd need to rank up? And could you face down pure unicum teams with weeks of practice at beating your face into the dirt with the highest level off efficiency.

Honestly, this is why I have little interest in clan wars in this game.  It gets tiring seeing the elite players all banding together and seal clubbing all the non-elite player clans into the dirt (or sea water, as it were).    It's like throwing NFL, college, high school, and kiddie league football players all into the same league and letting the NFL all-stars seal club anyone who comes along, and have to put up with all their snotty elitist (bovine fecal matter) nonsense along the way.  No thanks.  Playing this game is supposed to be fun.

At least, in PVP battles, it's all random and you can end up with good and bad players randomly on every team.