You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Poll: Are all World of Warships players young, single males?

Are all World of Warships players young, single males?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. What's your gender?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. What's your current status?

• I'm a single male
    • I'm male, dating
    • I'm male, married
    • I'm a single female
    • I'm female, dating
    • I'm female, married
  3. 3. When were you born?

• 1950 or before
    • Between 1951 and 1960
    • Between 1961 and 1970
    • Between 1971 and 1980
    • Between 1981 and 1990
    • Between 1991 and 2000
    • 2000 or after
  4. 4. What's your preference?

• I'm a male and I prefer a female
    • I'm a male and I prefer a male
    • I'm a male and I prefer both males and females
    • I'm a male and I'm asexual
    • I'm a female and I prefer a male
    • I'm a female and I prefer a female
    • I'm a female and I prefer both females and males
    • I'm a female and I'm asexual
  5. 5. What's your living arrangement?

• I live with my parents
    • I rent
    • I own my home with a mortgage
    • I own my home with no mortgage
    • I live in a dorm
    • I live with my friends/relatives and they don't charge me rent
    • I'm homeless (we can give you a hug)

125 comments in this topic

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles

I have noticed that basically come across only male players in this game.. Is it because this game is too war-heavy or not "cute" enough?? Or maybe it has a lot to do with machines and nothing about nature?? Either way, let's make a poll and find out!!!

This is a non-public poll to protect your privacy, so feel free to vote and discuss!!:aqua:

Edited by _Marines

[HELLS]
Members
2,919 posts
33,772 battles

No. My wife and my daughters don't like the game because they believe it glorifies war. My son does not care much for it either, for much the same reason. They are not far from the truth. I play because I prefer virtual shoot'em ups to the real thing by a long shot, plus I get a chance to teach naval history to those who have zero knowledge about it.

[MWM]
Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
6,416 battles

I didnt see the option for male, divorcing/divorced...

Edited by Skraeling

[BFBTW]
Members
500 posts
2,939 battles

I know about a couple of female players at my school.  Typically, you wouldn't know unless you asked (or in my case, they asked you after overhearing you talking about it with a friend), so that could be it.  I don't judge depending on gender (the "Wow, a girl plays games!" reaction, there are a lot of girl gamers at my school, it's kinda normal), more off of skill.

Edited by DoctorMcDerp

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Honestly this game is really niche game and most don't fit into that niche or history and gameplay

Supertester
4,273 posts
4,646 battles

This poll seems .  creepy,   and Anti-trans !

Yeah, I'm a train thanks.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
928 posts
5,683 battles

I'm not single and I own my home. Like heck I'm going to answer your poll, want my tax returns too?

[SYN]
Members
16,020 posts
12,803 battles

I swear, these threads must be the reason I keep getting ads for male enhancement and dating sites for polysexual nymphomaniacs with no upper age limit :panic_fish:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,327 battles

I don't see an option for Apache helicopter.

As somebody who identifies as a supply convoy:

#Triggered

Edited by RevolutionBlues
  • Cool 1

Members
500 posts
2,381 battles

hmmm...I am not sure but, I believe there is something wrong with the poll numbers on orientation.

Since there is so much talk about k00ck in the chat, I assumed most of the player base was gay!!!  :D

Edited by baxter_105
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,619 posts

Another meaningless poll?

And had you ever bothered to read stuff, you would have know the average age is well over 30 on this server.....So the whole young and single thing makes no sense at all...:unsure:

Members
713 posts

I know about a couple of female players at my school.  Typically, you wouldn't know unless you asked (or in my case, they asked you after overhearing you talking about it with a friend), so that could be it.  I don't judge depending on gender (the "Wow, a girl plays games!" reaction, there are a lot of girl gamers at my school, it's kinda normal), more off of skill.

There was an "Adam Ruins Everything" that got into a bit about how game makers and just industry in general made a conscious decision to render gender identification onto almost everything. It's when pink/blue became established.

Video Game makers originally made content gender neutral also and it was in the 80's they directly decided to make them male based. Examples he used were the changes in advertising and graphics. Early games had both guys and gals playing, and both on the boxes. A sudden and swift change to only boys and scantily clad women content and advertising occurred, contrary to the nearly equal purchasing/spending of the genders. yet there are and were a LOT of women in charge of game design and creation.

The male pandering continues to this day. Pay close attention to ads on TV. Scantily clad women, male dominated player ads are the norm.

[SFBB2]
Members
242 posts
2,542 battles

There was an "Adam Ruins Everything" that got into a bit about how game makers and just industry in general made a conscious decision to render gender identification onto almost everything. It's when pink/blue became established.

Video Game makers originally made content gender neutral also and it was in the 80's they directly decided to make them male based. Examples he used were the changes in advertising and graphics. Early games had both guys and gals playing, and both on the boxes. A sudden and swift change to only boys and scantily clad women content and advertising occurred, contrary to the nearly equal purchasing/spending of the genders. yet there are and were a LOT of women in charge of game design and creation.

The male pandering continues to this day. Pay close attention to ads on TV. Scantily clad women, male dominated player ads are the norm.

Image result for are you not entertained