You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Rye

Whats Your best ranked battle so far.

17 comments in this topic

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

I want to know what your best ranked battle has been so far. You dont have to have done anything special as long as you think the battle was.

My best so far happened this morning.

The match up was: My team;

Lexington

Bismark - me :D

Tirpitz

Atago

Kutuzaov

Benson

Fubuki

Enemy team:

Shokaku

Bismark

Tirpitz

New Orleans

Hipper

Benson

Fubuki

The battle: map trident.

6-0 victory in 10 minutes only the shokaku survived and only because we couldnt find him before our score hit 1000.

In all the ranked battles so far this season this was by far the most impressive to me. My team went to B. Theirs split apart from the start having their benson head to B and the fubuki to A. First blood on the New Orleans followed by the benson. The bismark tried to turn away from B but was to close for my secondaries and met a fiery end (not my kill) which left the hipper at a with the fubuki and the tirpitz alone on the far side of B. He too met with lots of secondary fire and many bow penetrations from my main guns. The hipper made a run to B but on the wrong side of the island and was quickly punished. The fubuki fought hard and nearly killed off our kutuzaov but was ended as well. We capped A and went CV hunting. Their CV had tried to Carrier snipe at the start of the match and lost all his planes in that failed plan. After that his aircraft were not very present and quickly shot down.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Nice, amusing to hear about the enemy CV trying to snipe at the start at T8 with cvs having DF.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,646 battles

The one where their Mutsuki got into a knife fight with me in my Bayern. My mains took 5k and my secondaries another 4k to finish them off.

Got High Caliber and Close Quarters Expert in that one. Was about 5k damage from getting Dreadnought from being the meatshield for our cruisers.

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

The one where their Mutsuki got into a knife fight with me in my Bayern. My mains took 5k and my secondaries another 4k to finish them off.

Got High Caliber and Close Quarters Expert in that one. Was about 5k damage from getting Dreadnought from being the meatshield for our cruisers.

nice. Managed a dreadnought in the bismark the other day. Came down to me v a benson. Benson had less than 2k hp and my team had both caps. So i ran away from him. Fire i could handle (at least long enough to win) getting hit with a torp not so much.

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
15,221 battles

2 of the many winning games with my Fubiki, High Caliber on both. Both games took place in The Atlantic.

Took pics with cell phone but too lazy to upload to Imgur.

103777 damage, 5 torp hits, 8 gun hits, 5 flooding ribbons. Dmg done: N.Carolina 47852, Hipper 24351, Kutuzov 16407, Atago 13781, Benson 1386.

103359 damage, rank#1 on my side in xp, 7 torp hits, 24 gun hits, 1 sunk, 3 fires, 6 floodings. Dmg done: Tirpitz 33444 (sunk), Bismark 31426, New Orleans 28604, Hipper 9885.

Stats of my Fubiki in ranked so far

VIII PJSD007.png Fubuki18131,514

Edited by dcr66

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

If you'll forgive the self promotion of a video, this one was probably my best so far.  Sadly haven't been able to play as much as I would like.  I'll post the screenshots first, video second so it's not bugging people.  I use this one simply because it's one of the main games in memory where my aim was relatively good, and the Bismarcks guns rewarded me quite a bit for it.  2 Early salvo's in the game and managed 2 citadels on a Prinz Eugen.  A later salvo netted me a double citadel strike on a North Carolina.  I was shocked, usually don't get many results like that 

WeBdTEh.jpg

other images

DEeP9L3.jpg

48igyPo.jpg

RZZKBLW.jpg

Link to youtube video, it does include a voice over, fair warning for that

and if you don't want the voiceover and just want to watch in your own game: http://wowreplays.com/Replay/18293-vonKaiser-Mountain-Range

Edited by vonKaiser

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
689 posts
21,229 battles

I have a darn good feeling who the enemy Shakaku Captain was and I cringed every time I see the name on my team....

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

Still working through the lower ranks and I've been using my Warspite as my only tier 6. I tend to play aggressively since I have a secondary build. I played one yesterday where I was backed up by a friendly Bayern and waded into the enemy destroyers, letting my secondaries do the heavy lifting on them while I deleted an Aoba and a Cleveland with one salvo each. I took concentrated fire from most of their team for the first few minutes, but managed to duck behind an island and recover from 10% to about 65% of my health by the time we finished mopping up everyone else.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,522 posts
28,454 battles

The ones everyone else seems to have.

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

If you'll forgive the self promotion of a video, this one was probably my best so far.  Sadly haven't been able to play as much as I would like.  I'll post the screenshots first, video second so it's not bugging people.  I use this one simply because it's one of the main games in memory where my aim was relatively good, and the Bismarcks guns rewarded me quite a bit for it.  2 Early salvo's in the game and managed 2 citadels on a Prinz Eugen.  A later salvo netted me a double citadel strike on a North Carolina.  I was shocked, usually don't get many results like that 

WeBdTEh.jpg

other images

DEeP9L3.jpg

48igyPo.jpg

RZZKBLW.jpg

Link to youtube video, it does include a voice over, fair warning for that

and if you don't want the voiceover and just want to watch in your own game: http://wowreplays.com/Replay/18293-vonKaiser-Mountain-Range

This was my first ranked battle of the season

Members
646 posts
4,235 battles

Had some quite exciting ...

One was a certain loss at the beggining. Trident map , my team went for A a lone DD for B .

At A , we lost 2 DDs and 1 BB at the start . At B we was about to lose the last DD to a lone Chapayev . Me , as a Kutuzov only could do as much damage as possible to keep their rushing Bismarcks in stucked at A out of the fight, and managed to heavily damage the enemy kutozov and a friendly BB finished him off .

The Bismarcks started to chase our last and heavily dmged BB ,even under my fire, we was 3 ships behind no bases so far and losing on points score.

At this point I went full aggressive mode to turn the tides , left my cover and went into Bismarcks range , to deal that massive AP / HE dmg and sat in A right in front one of the Bis . Easily dodged a 10 km salvo and smoked . Did as much dmg as I could , he ran away and kept chasing our NC. And he just left A for me to cap , we had our first base at the 10 ish minutes mark .

Our DD managed to survive the Chapayev with 53 hp and took B , our NC one shotted the Chapayev , so we had B secure but NC was being chased by 2 Bismarcks and a Benson , and was about to die. 

Somehow they killed the Benson , from A using smoke I managed to reach the 190k dmg mark shelling those 2 Bismarcks .For whatever reason they tunnel vision our nearly dead NC and started to lose on points , our NC took cover and both Bis were still under my Kutuzovs fire .

Our 53 hp DD died defending B , but managed to finish off a 3k hp Bis . And still had B secure .

The last Bis was alone , with no bases and with no hope of taking them back . Time was up , we won by points .

Had around 2400 exp and 190k dmg in total .

That one was nicely played by the NC and the last surviving Benson . 

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

Well the "best" game I have been in so far, was the one I had the most fun in, even if it wasn't my personal high score.  

Game was insanely close the entire match, neither cap was ever captured, came down to the last 2 ships (both bismarks) engaged in a secondary duel with one having 2 or its main turrets knocked out and the other being down 3 main turrets!

The chat cheering was EPIC!

Honestly, I think we won, but tbh I don't remember, because it was the game not the outcome that was so amazing!

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

I have a darn good feeling who the enemy Shakaku Captain was and I cringed every time I see the name on my team....

it wasnt warbeasty

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,641 battles

My bestest so far was a 'last-second' win in my Benson. We were down to 17 seconds left on the clock with red ahead on points when my torps took out their last ship. Big pucker factor throughout the match but quite refreshing at the end (of course).

ppbKlH6.jpg

Edited by Khafni

Members
4,608 posts

My best ranked game was in last season's ranked.  Took out my NM, heading to the agreed upon capture point when our team opened up on a couple of enemy cruisers coming in.  In the NM I fired the forward guns at one CA, the aft guns at another CA.  First and only time I got a double strike in a BB.  I finished off the first CA and detonated the second getting the double strike, devastating strike and first blood.  Our team took the cap and turned towards the other cap.

The game was a route after that first strike.  I ended up with a double strike, kraken, first blood, devastating strike, high caliber, and confederate.  Can't remember what my damage was but around 150k.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Think this one might edge out my last.  Not nearly as much damage but in the final moments of the game we were down by about 400 points.  Bismarck(me) a Benson and a North Carolina facing off against a New Orleans, Lo Yang, and another Benson.  They held both caps and it was not looking good lol.  However, thank Neptune for Hydro and by hugging an island I managed to close the gap, spot out both DD's and take'em down along with the New Orleans for the win. 

cwDCcUw.jpg

J7fX4Gz.jpg20XXyIw.jpgvwwrMTc.jpg

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/18845-vonKaiser-Atlantic

I uploaded it without commentary in case anyone wants to watch it without hearing it that way

Edited by vonKaiser

Members
110 posts

Had couple games on Kutz with 4 kills and 100+k damage. One win one loss.

The one that we won was much funnier with me tanking bow on 2 BBs and 1 DD in cap. Thanks to my team they melted faster then me.

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 4.53.42 PM copy.jpg

Edited by FriendlyIron