Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
second_torpedo_squadron

Akizuki Not Tier VIII Khabarovsk Just IJN Gunboat Video Pic

22 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
2,366 battles

Warning, the following post is writen by someone cannot English proper.

Some people hype for IJN DD line split, some don't which including me.

The suppose Gunboat line are no more gunboat than current exist ship, except Akizuki (Akitsuki, according to older Japanese but for Kancolle sake, i will call she Akizuki for the rest of the post).
People had pull out different ship with the 10cm/65 gun as secondary to test it out and most of them are not good by any mean. However when those 10cm/65 were put on Akizuki, they perform largely different (at least the aiming part). I am suprised that Akizuki have such performance, good and bad.

So I have a video and some screen shot on how is her real game perfoemance vs on paper stat.

This is not me, I haven't really go deep in to the game and the slaughter of IJN DD make not want to play this game anymore unless new torpedo boat line emerge.

This is the picture paper stat the plaper has a AA setup Akizuki (No AA Defense on Akizuki is just unacceptable, middle finger to WG) Go to the attachment flie.

This is the video  Go to the attachment file.

Go to the link. It is a Chinese Forum and Chinese Vidoe Platform. Vpn might required.

SPEC
-HP, some 17k stock, 20k at top hull
-Super Fast Fire Gun, basically fire non stop
-Garbage shell, HE is useless cannot punch throught 19mm above armor, basically everything, AP is 100mm, with slightest angle is a bounce.
-11km stock range, 12.4km with GFC Upgrade, can go as far as 15km with mod and skill.
-Decent stock AA thats good enough to kill tier 6 and tier 7 IJN aircraft and scout and float fighter. Tier 8 throught Tier 10 carrier based aircraft is just to hard.
-Torpedo is Type 67knots 10km 20k damage neon sign torpedo, on a single 1*4 launcher, about 2 min reload stock. Garbage that can sometime used to kill other ship.
-Top speed is glorious 33knots, turning speed 27knots.
-All DD will be able to catch you and slaughter you.
-Khabarovsk then Udaloi and Gearing then Fletcher then Benson and Tashkent then Kiev and Błyskawica. All they have to do is bow on and start pumping HE on you. Your AP will get bounce when other angle, your HE will do no damage regardless angling. You are at disadvantage if you ropponent know game mechanism.
-You are big, fat, slow, BB CA CL CV will be able take you down easily, you are not Ruskie with crazy speed, you only yield 36knots max with boost.
-Gun are no good after 11km, they fly USN 5inch style, AP cannot pen, HE do no damage as always. No point of getting AFT.

Should one take Akizuki over Gearing Khabarovsk or even Shimakaze. No, because your performance is largely limited by 10cm shell, disadvantage at anything even you have 1 second reload. Also the fact you walk around with 33knots, thats jsut even worse, enemy can simply kite you all day long, or call in some heavier gun.  You will hit your shell, but yo will not deal damage as oppose you will not hit your torpedo, hence no damage. There is a pic with 78 hits and 76 shell shatter. WG hate IJN.

These were no final stat, they will be change if to much BB complain about BBQ like RN CL line.

The rest of the IJN line (tier 7++) is similar with slower rof 7~10 and slower shell velocity 915m/s but HE that can do damage and shell maintain more energy pass 11km. Tier 6 and lower is utter garbage now except Umikaze and Minekaze premium

Akizuki Video and Pic Link.txt

Edited by second_torpedo_squadron

Beta Testers
21 posts
7,343 battles

How to play?  well you are not a fighting DD except ambushing beijing islands, or AADD for BB and or CVs, you are a Atlanta with smoke low HP and more maneuverable.    

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Is the arc really that bad? I imagined it would be more like the Clemson's 100 mm guns. 

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

Well firstly comparing it to a tier 10 is questionable... I would be seriously concerned if it was anywhere near as good as a tier 10 gunboat at tier 8.

Additionally, the Akizuki will be relying on stealth firing rather than mobility. The Khabab has the speed to evade most shells fired at it, with a top speed of 42knts, however the Akizuki only can manage around 33knts, making it 9knts slower (and probably slower than an Atago in most cases). 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,364 battles

Is the arc really that bad? I imagined it would be more like the Clemson's 100 mm guns.

think Cleveland/Gearing

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I have said before   it will have arc due to light weight shells.    cleveland isn't so horrid.   US-5" is worse.    I am probably going to stop at shiratsuyu on that line.  it will be like weaker yugumo. 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Even Cleveland arcs wouldn't be that bad, if Cleveland had DD levels of concealment, which it doesn't.

[WOLF5]
Members
39,240 posts
31,549 battles

Even Cleveland arcs wouldn't be that bad, if Cleveland had DD levels of concealment, which it doesn't.

I was imagining that and caught a smile coming across my face.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,565 posts
15,411 battles

From the Chinese forums:

lFq6vcZ.jpg

103 HE hits with ZERO damage. Did start 2 fires with 15K damage. He also mentioned hitting Fubuki with HE 12 times causing 1400 damage. I assume in a separate battle.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

From the Chinese forums:

lFq6vcZ.jpg

103 HE hits with ZERO damage. Did start 2 fires with 15K damage. He also mentioned hitting Fubuki with HE 12 times causing 1400 damage. I assume in a separate battle.

Hint: I have already told everyone how the 100mm/65 guns would perform against T8+ armor, by using my Ibuki's secondaries in training room.

Results were similar, and its to be expected from 100mm guns.

[CVA16]
Members
9,423 posts
28,656 battles

103 hits for basically no damage, 2 fires that weren't extinguished fast enough, kind of useless even if done from inviso-firing.

So the ultimate gunboat in the IJN gunboat line sucks worse than its poor to mediocre gunboat predecessors? Ouch.

Hopefully WG will see this and make changes BEFORE the update. Not a lot of hope though.

Basically the US has the best short range knife fighting gunboats. The Russians are best at long range. In what niche does WG envision the IJN gunboats being the best or at least as good as the competition?

[OGZR]
Members
125 posts

"WG hate IJN"

Wait what? WG definately has biases but being anti-IJN isn't one of them. Hahahha...

[VX9]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
327 posts
5,419 battles

Hint: I have already told everyone how the 100mm/65 guns would perform against T8+ armor, by using my Ibuki's secondaries in training room.

Results were similar, and its to be expected from 100mm guns.

Since I don't have time to go back and look for it (lunch break's almost over), I'm going to assume the results are pretty bad?

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Since I don't have time to go back and look for it (lunch break's almost over), I'm going to assume the results are pretty bad?

yeah.

shot-16.09.05_21.37.19-0295_zpsck6bszhn.

shot-16.09.05_21.25.09-0697_zpsqqtpejy4.

shot-16.09.05_21.10.50-0953_zpso2qkotus.

shot-16.09.05_21.01.39-0089_zpsucttnawa.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
11,452 battles

The ship is OP because of its concealment.

Just stack concealment module and concealment expert skill. You can invis fire at 9km. So why do you bother with gun arc at 11km? Just keep pew pew at 9-10km. The gun arc is way better than USN ones.

Why does 100mm HE shell matter? DDs don't do much HE direct damage on BBs anyway. With the crazy ROF akizuki has, u can basically put every BB in sight on fire. Don't forget to get demolition expert. You won't need AFT because you can invis fire at 9km. Why even bother firing from further away?

Last, why do you compare a T8 ship to T10 Gearing and Khab. The fact that the ship can even be compared to a T10 already screams OP.

Edited by Exciton8964

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

The ship is OP because of its concealment.

Just stack concealment module and concealment expert skill. You can invis fire at 9km. So why do you bother with gun arc at 11km? Just keep pew pew at 9-10km. The gun arc is way better than USN ones.

Why does 100mm HE shell matter? DDs don't do much HE direct damage on BBs anyway. With the crazy ROF akizuki has, u can basically put every BB in sight on fire. Don't forget to get demolition expert. You won't need AFT because you can invis fire at 9km. Why even bother firing from further away?

Last, why do you compare a T8 ship to T10 Gearing and Khab. The fact that the ship can even be compared to a T10 already screams OP.

AFT has dual purpose on Akizuki, as the AA can be used further away.

Instead of 5.0km and 3.1km AA rings, you now get 6.0km and 3.7km AA rings.

Sign in to follow this