You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VTAdmiral

Divisions: How do you think this would affect the game as a whole?

33 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

Currently divisions have only 1 restriction: Only 1 carrier can be in a division.

It's a line of thought I've been rolling over in my head for a while, with all the complaints about 3-Yamato and 3-Shimakaze and 3-Khabarovsk divisions. Nobody likes those. Nobody likes a 3-Gearing division either. 3 Kurfurst hasn't happened yet but I bet it will ruffle feathers too. 3-Zao? 3-Moskva? Don't even want to imagine it.

So what if the division system was changed to no longer allow 3 of the same kind of ship in a division? What if all ship types were restricted to 2 (or fewer) or the div leader can't enter the queue?

That would mean your division could only have, at most, 2 destroyers, or 2 cruisers, or 2 battleships (Carriers remain capped at 1). The third ship would have to be something the other two or not.

How do you feel this would affect the game?

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

[-AFK-]
Members
7,321 posts
3,856 battles

I would say limit the actual ship but not the ship type. With the massive numbers of BBs at high tiers, bringing a div of 3 BBs only makes sense

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

As long as MM balances the teams (and it also balances the # of divs btw) it's fine. I love doing double or triple divs with any ship, Atlanta, Zao, Yamato are among my faves to group up in. 3 Khab would have been crazy up until today.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,788 battles

Carrier is the only limit AFAIK.

I have been in a 3-Khabarovsk Division , 3-Fletchers, 3-Borth Carolina, and a 3-Scharnhorst Division. Also did 3-Chapayev once or twice. Fun.

Edited by alexf24

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

3-Gremy's nerfed? :trollface: Not allowed

And bring back CV divs pls. Also, CV divs would have to face only CV divs. 

Members
5,202 posts

Currently divisions have only 1 restriction: Only 1 carrier can be in a division.

It's a line of thought I've been rolling over in my head for a while, with all the complaints about 3-Yamato and 3-Shimakaze and 3-Khabarovsk divisions. Nobody likes those. Nobody likes a 3-Gearing division either. 3 Kurfurst hasn't happened yet but I bet it will ruffle feathers too. 3-Zao? 3-Moskva? Don't even want to imagine it.

So what if the division system was changed to no longer allow 3 of the same kind of ship in a division? What if all ship types were restricted to 2 (or fewer) or the div leader can't enter the queue?

That would mean your division could only have, at most, 2 destroyers, or 2 cruisers, or 2 battleships (Carriers remain capped at 1). The third ship would have to be something the other two or not.

How do you feel this would affect the game?

That's treating the symptom of issue and not the root issue. Triple Khab divisions were a pain because of the Khab itself. If you take an OP ship and multiply it by three, OF COURSE people won't like it. But as long as WG is seeking to balance all the ship lines and classes, there's no need to limit divisions beyond the 1 CV rule. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[NG-NL]
Members
7,285 posts
13,074 battles

I would add a limit that only 1 DD can be using stealth build (unless the div includes a CV). It's really frustrating for the other team to face a coordinated stealth DD division.

Most of the time now, if I Taiho, that's what my div mates like Rye run, and it's only fair the other team has a chance for their sky cancer to spot my div mates.

Members
5,202 posts

I would add a limit that only 1 DD can be using stealth build (unless the div includes a CV). It's really frustrating for the other team to face a coordinated stealth DD division.

Most of the time now, if I Taiho, that's what my div mates like Rye run, and it's only fair the other team has a chance for their sky cancer to spot my div mates.

MM would choke and die if it had to look at the captain skills and modules of each ship in queue! :hide_turtle:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

Not going to happen.

The question isn't "Will it happen or not"

The question is "if this happened, how would it affect the game"

• Cool 1

[RRN]
Members
661 posts
4,385 battles

Nothing better than a triple-Nikolai StaliniumTM division. :trollface:

The Nicolai was launched 6 years before Stalin took office, not to mention the Nicolai was made under the Tsarist administration. 

Back to the MM division rework, not a bad idea but would not change much.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

The Nicolai was launched 6 years before Stalin took office, not to mention the Nicolai was made under the Tsarist administration. 

Back to the MM division rework, not a bad idea but would not change much.

You're right.

Pardon me, TsariniumTM division.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

Do you really wanna see two hak divi's? Cuz this is how you get 2 hak divi's.

Read it again. Carriers remain locked at 1 per division.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I am against limiting Div choices on ship, three of the same ship is fine. I would like to see all divs on the same tier though. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

I am against limiting Div choices on ship, three of the same ship is fine. I would like to see all divs on the same tier though. 

That happens currently, or within 1 tier anyway.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

I think limiting classes other than carriers is... a bad idea.

Now I wouldn't mind the game restricting players from using the exact same ship in divisions, that'd be kinda neat actually since some ships are not exactly well-balanced and having a full set of them coordinating can be a real nightmare.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

I think limiting classes other than carriers is... a bad idea.

Now I wouldn't mind the game restricting players from using the exact same ship in divisions, that'd be kinda neat actually since some ships are not exactly well-balanced and having a full set of them coordinating can be a real nightmare.

Might be worth pursuing this train of thought.

For example, can have 3 battleships but can't have the same battleship.

3 Kongo = No

3 Yamato = No

Yamato, Montana, Kurfurst = Yes

ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei = Yes.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

That happens currently, or within 1 tier anyway.

The improvement a few patches back was great, limiting the tier difference to 1 and getting rid of "fail" divisions. But I think they need to go farther. To often do I end up seeing a Wyoming on my team in a tier 7 match.. that is a significant handicap. 

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Yeah a 3 Zao would be very very bad for the enemy team. But restricting like that is counter intuitive so not worth the time to implement features like that.

Edited by devastator5000

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Might be worth pursuing this train of thought.

For example, can have 3 battleships but can't have the same battleship.

3 Kongo = No

3 Yamato = No

Yamato, Montana, Kurfurst = Yes

ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei = Yes.

I'd definitely get behind this, would even help battles with divisions to have more ship diversity which makes the battle more fun and aesthetically pleasing