You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

How to play a Blyskawica

13 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

I don't normally brag, but I've struggled with this ship for so long. I never got how to play gunboats, so I put it away. Then I played battleships for two months... and we got the "detected" distance on the mini-map. The skills from BBs and the UI upgrade really made a difference. 

When the dragon flags came out, I got my concealment expert on the isokaze, which didn't do that much. Then, because I was bored, I played the Blyskawica again. And I played an entire game without being detected (that I noticed) and still got 120+ hits on target. That was pretty fun. So I started playing to not be detected and I learned how to use smoke a lot more effectively. Not an expert, but getting there. 

Finally, I fired it up to tonight and played the best game I've ever had. I probably didn't do more damage than ever before, that's hard to do without getting a bunch of citadels in a New Mexico. But in terms of sheer destructiveness... best game ever. The other team had 4 destroyers, I killed every single one of them. Plus a cruiser and a BB.

Highlight event, I killed an enemy Nicholas (full health) with one bow-on shell. Detonation.. boom. First time I wished I had replays enabled. 

The main thing was that the enemy screwed up, by the numbers. 

We were playing Two Brothers. I immediately moved east and long range fired torps into the gap between the big east island and that chimney. Then I started pecking away at an Ashigara. Suddenly, boom! One of the torps hit and killed a DD (I think a Nicholas). 

I turned west and peppered a Gneiss (whatever) that was in range. One of our other DDs was holding the gap against two enemy DDs. I was already boosting, so I slid over to help. I fired some torps into the enemy smoke, but didn't hit anything. I fired at an Omaha on the far west, when the first enemy DD came through the smoke. One crapkilled. Literally. My single mount fired one round, hit the enemy Nicholas just under the turret (from the front) and detonated the ship. As I turned around, a Cleveland came through the smoke. I fired two spreads of torps and peppered him with fire too. His guns were pointed the wrong way and the torps killed him. 

Then (keep in mind I haven't completed a turn from west to east yet), a Farragut comes through the smoke. We trade cannon fire until he blows up. If they had come through together, I would have been destroyed by mass fire while unable to effectively reply. But, one at a time, I was able to take them all out. 

So I run north through the gap. They only have 5 ships left at this point and we've only lost 3. 

This is where I kind of messed up, though I'm not sure what to do differently, other than concentrating on a single target. Another friendly DD laid smoke right at the north end of the gap, so I sat in that and set a Konig on fire a couple of times. Then I realized the last enemy DD was just around the corner to the west, so I hosed him down with cannon fire, while launching 6 torps at an enemy Nagato. 

I took a ton of damage from the Nagato, but my reinforcements where coming and he didn't stick around. That allowed me to finish off the Hatsuharu without much fuss... the only reason I didn't get killed by his torps was because the Nagato took out my engines and while waiting for them to repair, all the torps passed in front of me. While this was going on, the Konig died to fire. The Hatsuharu was number 6 on the kill list. A few more rounds into the Nagato and I watched it come apart under a hail of AP fire from three of our BBs. 

6q8p5g.jpg

2dgooro.jpg

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,123 posts
15,086 battles

The Blyskawica is a tier 7 monster. In the right hands she will rain havoc on the enemy team and while fighting from the shadows.  

[FKK]
Members
576 posts
21,005 battles

My only issue with the Keilbasa is that the torps are center mounted. I seem to personal play better when the torps are mounted on the sides. Shoot, turn and immediately reshoot if the first set misses. Every other Dd i own and will own will be side and side mounted torps. Otherwise she is a great ship. Love how she drives and shoots.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,971 posts
15,854 battles

It's a fantastic ship. Probably the most well rounded DD in the game.

Agree, and a very real reason that ranked battles are tier 6 and tier 8.

[TWE]
Members
206 posts
10,142 battles

Absolutely one of the most enjoyable ships of any kind in the game. Its a pity that they removed it. it used to be actually on the Tech Tree, so I thought that it was there permanently, probably with a lot of other people.

I read the reviews and got mine in early August. This ship is a delight to play, a great all-rounder.

Cheers,

Yorcke

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

This is pretty much dead on with what I love about the Blys: it's an absolute beast when the enemy team tries to pry her off of a specific zone.  The smoke lasts for a good, long time, the guns can be brutal at short- to mid-range, and the torpedoes reload pretty darn quick for a ship of her tier.  She's not as good as a Russian DD at range, she doesn't pack the sheer volume of fire that a US DD can put out, and she can't touch an IJN DD when it comes to stealth torp runs, but she does all of those things reasonably well.  And when the opposing team keeps charging in one or two at a time and playing to her strengths, it's almost unfair.

Members
628 posts
1,880 battles

When I bought her I was hesitant because I was skeptical about the lack of captain portability. Now I've got two captains trained up to the fourth level without using Dragon flags. Blyskawica sails on the tears of her enemies victims. Worth every penny.

[VVV]
Members
2,480 posts

Absolutely one of the most enjoyable ships of any kind in the game. Its a pity that they removed it. it used to be actually on the Tech Tree, so I thought that it was there permanently, probably with a lot of other people.

I read the reviews and got mine in early August. This ship is a delight to play, a great all-rounder.

Cheers,

Yorcke

WG gave a heads-up to her being removed from the shop. Given that she's popular and she's good but not Gremy-level OP, she'll surely be put back in the shop eventually.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Glad this topic is still semi-active.  I was just browsing through some of the game stats, and at least on the NA server the Blys ranks 2nd in average damage among tier VII destroyers (~750 behind the Kiev).  Okay, not such a big deal...but she would also be in a dead heat for 2nd among tier VIII destroyers (within 1 shell hit of the Tashkent, about 900 behind the Fubuki).  Yes, she actually averages more damage inflicted per game than the Benson.

Of course, the side conclusion to all this would be just how ridiculous the Kiev can be.

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

She gets even better once you get Concealment Expert on her. 10.3km stealthfire range on her is amazing.I picked up my average damage in her from 30k to 40k in a span of about 25 games after getting the skill.