You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Poll: Which tier X DD is your favorite choice?

Which tier X DD is your favorite choice?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which tier X DD is your favorite choice?

• IJN - Shimakaze
    • USN - Gearing
    • ВМФ - Khabarovsk
    • I have not advanced to Tier X yet

15 comments in this topic

[F11]
Members
1,017 posts
7,034 battles

Tier X DD is the ultimate DD for players looking for the ultimate challenge! Do you have one that you would pick if you can choose only one line? Please vote and tell us why!!

I'm surprised that I couldn't find a recent poll (that is, after the first Khabarovsk nerf) about Tier X DDs, so here I'm making one. To support the discussion, here is a consolidated data sheet from WarshipStats. See for yourself.:teethhappy:

A7Wqwzp.jpg

Edited by _Marines

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Shim is boring as crap.  Can live forever, two minutes between attacks, yawn.

The other two are very close, I would be happy with either but before the nerfbat at least I would take the Kebab.  Faster, more gun focused and less reliant on torps.  You will have them and will use them, but if you go a match where everyone on red knows wsad hacks you're not SoL.

[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
24,600 battles

Khabarovsk because it's probably the most broken ship in the game right after Gremyaschy, (although it's getting hit with the hammer next patch :hiding:)

[F11]
Members
1,017 posts
7,034 battles

Shim is boring as crap.  Can live forever, two minutes between attacks, yawn.

The other two are very close, I would be happy with either but before the nerfbat at least I would take the Kebab.  Faster, more gun focused and less reliant on torps.  You will have them and will use them, but if you go a match where everyone on red knows wsad hacks you're not SoL.

Exactly my thought too. Shimakaze is like a stealthy Kitakami but with less torpedos. I'm fine with derping around with torpedos if they can hit. The problem is, at tier X, enemy ships are too smart to take torpedoes.

I personally like Gearing the most. She is both a good gun boat and a good torpedo boat. Kebab is too monotonous for me, pew-pewing from the beginning to end. :D

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Gearing best T10 DD.

Swiss army knife to fit all playstyles.

Absolute Cap monster.

[RLGN]
Members
19,404 posts
36,277 battles

15 games in Gearing, like it as a mini Atlanta, but haven't played it in two weeks don't plan to do so again any time soon.

Can I pick 'None of the above?'

To mis-quote 'It's a Wonderful Life;' as an example of how much I care for the ship; 'Every time a Khab croaks and Angel gets its wings.'

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Not at Tier X yet. For most annoying, the award goes to Khabababab, though I'll get Gearing before it since I already have Fletcher and only on Tashkent.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
3,359 battles

Khab is no DD, it's a small CL in disguise of a DD.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Khab is no DD, it's a small CL in disguise of a DD.

This is true, if you add in the fact it has laser cannons instead of the conventional underpowered gunpowder powered cannons used by capitalists and imperialists.  Also citadel was removed for additional speed.  Speaking of speed, it has a power to weight ratio an Arleigh Burke would be jealous of.  Oh, and also better armor than most of the USN CA.

So yes, if you're sick of how CA play these days, play a Kebab.  It's like a CL but better.

[F11]
Members
1,017 posts
7,034 battles

This is true, if you add in the fact it has laser cannons instead of the conventional underpowered gunpowder powered cannons used by capitalists and imperialists.  Also citadel was removed for additional speed.  Speaking of speed, it has a power to weight ratio an Arleigh Burke would be jealous of.  Oh, and also better armor than most of the USN CA.

So yes, if you're sick of how CA play these days, play a Kebab.  It's like a CL but better.

:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Although it might too late for players who haven't grinded Russian DDs at this point. The next big nerf is imminent.

[RLGN]
Members
19,404 posts
36,277 battles

Gearing is pure trash compared to the Khab.

An idiot in a Khab who can't shoot will still loose to an even mildly competent Gearing driver, or even the driver of a lesser destroyer... So says the Khab silloette panted on the scoreboard of my Fletcher.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Gearing is pure trash compared to the Khab.

.... and after this patch.

Gearing is the Gremy of T10, all the Destoyers get nerfed around her and she stays the same. Gearing just keeps trudging along, no need to buff her as shee can just wait around for nerfs.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
3,359 battles

The issue on the Khab is its armor(for the most part). It has enough to make most Gearing HE shells deal minimal or no damage while the Khab literally has the biggest DD guns in game which goes through any DD with ease.