Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Repair cost lowered.... 5.12

48 comments in this topic

Members
1,210 posts

Ok folks you got what you asked for. If you have a premium account it should be even a better change. Now let us see if getting what you said would change how you play is true or if you all were full of bull****.

Economic changes announced in the development bulletin will be included in full. However, in addition, an experimental system for calculating the costs per battle was implemented. The biggest part of the costs is ship’s repairs. Its influence was growing more and more with the rise of the tier. As a result, at tier X, the economy forced the players to behave with maximum caution, which negatively affected the dynamics of the battle. After all, even with significant combat success, a complete destruction of the ship led to a huge repair bill that could completely neutralize the profits. We decided to change this situation and make the following changes: 

• The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits and reduce the number of situations where you can go into negative with a premium account, having played effectively. We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?” 
Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Too bad it took them so long to figure this out.....

Would be nice if it helped, but considering the Meta is set in stone after all this time, not sure it will...:hmm:

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

I don't see it changing anything. Losses at high tiers weren't even that high to begin with. Oh i sunk..... let me play 1 tier 8 battle to be back in the green.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

I really doubt whether people will play different as well. I do think that changing the cost of top tiers will encourage more people to play though.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,992 battles

Would be nice if it helped, but considering the Meta is set in stone after all this time, not sure it will...:hmm:

I plan to PSA it in chat for the first evening or so if it goes live. It's the kind of thing where awareness actually matters -- if people don't know it's there, it'll have a slower or less/no effect.
Edited by Edgecase

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
489 posts
4,729 battles

:trollface::popcorn:  It's not April yet you know.

Only time will tell I suppose when it comes to TX.  If it does anyways.

Edited by Xeilin

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I don't think it'll change anything, at least not right away. BUT, I can tell you, it makes getting and playing a tier 10 that much more likable, which means more players possibly getting to tier 9 and 10 now.

This also might make more people, who would otherwise sit in the back and camp, actually try and push now, because they no longer fear doing good damage and having a decent game to cost them an arm and a leg, even if they win.

No one likes losing 50k credits on a win and after doing 125k damage or something. Sure, it won't stop those campers who refuse to push up because they're cowards, but the people who didn't push because of the fear of losing shite ton of credits will probably be more interested in pushing now.

Time will tell, but I have hope. :)

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I don't see it changing anything. Losses at high tiers weren't even that high to begin with. Oh i sunk..... let me play 1 tier 8 battle to be back in the green.

Finally, some reason. But now that WG itself has attributed playstyle to repair costs. It's all we'll ever hear about.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Lowering? No, no, you don't understand. What will happen is that we get a measly 50k discount on the maximum repair fees, but we always pay for the maximum repair costs, whereas previously taking less damage meant paying less repairs and a less damaged ship would never pay the totality of it. All this does is remove the point from preventing to take damage, but the economy won't improve at all. It might even get worse if you were a player who could contribute with heaps of damage while taking little damage.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Compeltely ignoring the vast majority of players who do not have te same advantages you do.

The vast majority of players do not ever monetize.

With the T8 comment, I'll assume you have at minimum a T8 premium with boosted earnings. Most people don't.

Quit pretending no problem exists just because you don't experience it.

• Cool 3

Members
402 posts

WG could remove everything people are whining about today and they will just find something else to whine about tomorrow. They will do anything to blame WG for their failure and take the blame off themselves.

I see this changing nothing. The people who are afraid to push will still be that way. They do not know how to use their ships in a brawling way, how to avoid torps.....etc. I am glad to see WG is attempting to do what

the players have asked for, but the players themselves are the problem not the economy. 

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Lowering? No, no, you don't understand. What will happen is that we get a measly 50k discount on the maximum repair fees, but we always pay for the maximum repair costs, whereas previously taking less damage meant paying less repairs and a less damaged ship would never pay the totality of it. All this does is remove the point from preventing to take damage, but the economy won't improve at all. It might even get worse if you were a player who could contribute with heaps of damage while taking little damage.

Or, we can wait to see what the numbers are on the normal servers before we start panicking?

As for: It might even get worse if you were a player who could contribute with heaps of damage while taking little damage

The new system would be better, from WG's perspective. After all, that's a person who wasn't feeling the tight wallet before who's feeling it now.

WG needs to make money you know.

Or do you not like how WG puts profit over gameplay only when it affects you?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Just in a T8 match.. .guy doing crazy stupid stuff... asked them why.

"It's just a game." 

He pushed my button. "Okay, then do everyone a favor and take a week off."

"I just play for fun." 

So I think I have the answer. "How about playing lower tiers then so you don't cost other players coins?" 

In a way... I think a "just for fun" button would be good. If you just wanna play "just for fun" then you get tossed in with other "just for fun" people. Meh...

I'm just an average guy... fluctuate right smack in the middle of everybody stats-wise. But I sure do wish there was a way to get those who really want to play away from those who play "just for fun" and roll the team over to the enemy. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

I really doubt whether people will play different as well. I do think that changing the cost of top tiers will encourage more people to play though.

But in theory, it really should give people a reason to no longer fear high repair bills, since the new Service Charge is no longer tied to how much damage is taken over the course of a battle.  It should be the same whether you're an AFK (who is never spotted or damaged) or whether you YOLO and die quick and bloody, or whether you play a smart game, yet happen to take heavy damage and maybe even get sunk. 

If the service charge is the same no matter how you play the battle, then there's no excuse to play in a way that's overly cautious out of fear of a high repair bill.

Of course, this isn't to say that the service charges in high tier battles won't still be fairly high.   I assume they will.  But there's no real excuse for being fearful of a high repair bill.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Compeltely ignoring the vast majority of players who do not have te same advantages you do.

With the T8 comment, I'll assume you have at minimum a T8 premium with boosted earnings. Most people don't.

So you're saying the average player does not have the capability of keeping a ship in the tier 6-8 bracket for credit grinding? I have premium ships literally just to have them. Even without them it's easy to bring in credits with my Amagi, North Carolina, Fusou. Pretty much any ship in the tier 6-8 range can be used for reliable credits.

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

Just in a T8 match.. .guy doing crazy stupid stuff... asked them why.

"It's just a game." 

He pushed my button. "Okay, then do everyone a favor and take a week off."

"I just play for fun." 

So I think I have the answer. "How about playing lower tiers then so you don't cost other players coins?" 

In a way... I think a "just for fun" button would be good. If you just wanna play "just for fun" then you get tossed in with other "just for fun" people. Meh...

I'm just an average guy... fluctuate right smack in the middle of everybody stats-wise. But I sure do wish there was a way to get those who really want to play away from those who play "just for fun" and roll the team over to the enemy. 

The "just a game" types bother me.  NFL football is "just a game" to many people as well.  But if players took a "just a game" attitude onto the field and did whatever they wanted, they'd get cut so fast, it'd make their head spin.

To me, saying "it's just a game" is just an excuse for not trying your best to win.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

issm, you don't need any premium ships to play lower tiers to offset high tier losses.  Just have even one mid tier ship you like to play and do well in to earn you some credits.  Tier 5-7 is a good range for this.

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

So you're saying the average player does not have the capability of keeping a ship in the tier 6-8 bracket for credit grinding? I have premium ships literally just to have them. Even without them it's easy to bring in credits with my Amagi, North Carolina, Fusou. Pretty much any ship in the tier 6-8 range can be used for reliable credits.

Without a premium account, I'd probably say that tiers 5-7 is probably a better range.  Tier 8 can be a little risky, I'd think.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

For you or me - yes, but for average potato player it's more like playing 10 mid-tier battles to offset each time they got their T10 sunk.

[CRZ13]
Members
1,912 posts
8,727 battles

While I can believe the emphasized comment, I think it needs a caveat.  The vast majority of players never reach tier 10 and therefore never experience these problems in the first place (at tier 10).  If I were a betting man, I would wager that monetization and tier level correlate, to the point that at tier 10 most folks usually have premium account at the least.

Sign in to follow this