Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vindicationn

So glad I grabbed the Blyskawica before she was pulled

28 comments in this topic

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I was always torn on the Blys. I love destroyers, I consider them my strongest class and the Blys looked like a perfect mix of Russian and USN destroyer (and she is) both of which I favor. The lack of Captain training ability always made me hesitant though.

WG forced my hand when they announced pulling her from the store and I grabbed her on the last day. Just wow. I don't know if I've ever fit so perfectly into a ship so quickly. This thing is amazing and she's only going to get better with a better captain. My first 10 games have been probably the best 10 I've ever had with a ship. I just set my all time damage record in her too just under 200,000 (almost had a kraken too, team even said they would let me have it but CV sniped it as I was finishing the enemy CV off ._.)

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/17534

blys.png

Edited by Vindicationn

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

one of my favorites ships in my port.......

15 point capt with CE on this thing is a Polish ninja invisi-firing nightmare!!!! I mean 14.4 down to 10.4 without being seen?>??? yeah... the chat is always interesting with her in the game....

Working on her second capt too (just in case)

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I got mine for ranked 4. Started with fresh captain and ended at rank 1 with an 18pt. It's quite formidable on the water for it's tier.

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Yup, she's a darn good ship!  I'm loving mine as well.  Like pmgaudio, I'm working toward CE (if I can get my hands on some premium time, gonna burn some dragon flags).

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I too love the ship and I am also working on CE. I held off working on my Commander when I first found out about the Dragon flags.

I can't wait!!

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

Yeah I can't wait for CE. The stealth torp window is a little small out of the gate. Will be nice to get more on that. The stealth firing window getting bigger will be nicer.

You guys running DE, AFT or even SE on your 4th tier? I think I'm learning towards DE as the best. She certainly has the velocity to benefit from AFT but if you can all ready stealth fire I don't think it would be that useful. 

I got mine for ranked 4. Started with fresh captain and ended at rank 1 with an 18pt. It's quite formidable on the water for it's tier.

I joined the game late last season. By the time I got a T5/T6 it was the last week lol. I never did any of the higher ranked games. 

BTW. Thanks for smoking my Scharnhorst earlier ^_^

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Yeah I can't wait for CE. The stealth torp window is a little small out of the gate. Will be nice to get more on that. The stealth firing window getting bigger will be nicer.

You guys running DE, AFT or even SE on your 4th tier? I think I'm learning towards DE as the best. She certainly has the velocity to benefit from AFT but if you can all ready stealth fire I don't think it would be that useful. 

I joined the game late last season. By the time I got a T5/T6 it was the last week lol. I never did any of the higher ranked games. 

BTW. Thanks for smoking my Scharnhorst earlier ^_^

my first capt I have AFT, for 4th tier.. CE for 5th...

I am trying to grind the other capt to see what a change to DE instead would bring..., maybe even DE and AFT and forgo CE (INcase a cruiser line comes out, LOL)

But the ninja skills from AFT and CE are very nice indeed...

OH and do not underestimate her AP shells....

On same tier cruisers they can wreak havoc on the bow Magazine..... and the Atlanta???

Citadels all day long...

Some one posted a vid on her AP shells in a training room, I wish I could remember who.... one of the top you-tubers...

Might have been steel something.....

Anyway her AP for a DD is good....

(and she can citadel CVs with HE on occassion, like my izokzi and Clemson does, LOL)

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Mine atm. Working on CE.yYa3o99.png

I could see an argument for DE though if you didn't want to be as effective invis firing.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

one of my favorites ships in my port.......

15 point capt with CE on this thing is a Polish ninja invisi-firing nightmare!!!! I mean 14.4 down to 10.4 without being seen?>??? yeah... the chat is always interesting with her in the game....

Working on her second capt too (just in case)

Why would you use CE? DE+AFT all the way baby!

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

CE increases your invisifire to 4km and makes stealth torping a lot easier. One of my div mates changed his to DE instead of CE and we're waiting to hear if he gets more damage. Personally, I like the ability to fire without being fired upon.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I run that on my VMF's.

It's perfectly made for that line.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

I go with CE and DE, over AFT.  The reason being you can invisi-fire with CE (albeit with a smaller window) but you need to do more damage with the relatively weak guns, and DE helps with that thru fire.

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I'm considering that as an option but I think CE would be overall more useful because the Blys has very usable torps and the window of stealth firing is pretty tight without CE.

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I go with CE and DE, over AFT.  The reason being you can invisi-fire with CE (albeit with a smaller window) but you need to do more damage with the relatively weak guns, and DE helps with that thru fire.

The ship can invis-fire out of the gate at 11km. Its near the limit of your 12km base range, but you can do it. You can invis-torp out of the gate too with 8km torps and 7.5 detection base. 

Both windows are tight though and CE extend it, which is the main selling point for me I think. 

Edited by Vindicationn

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

The ship can invis-fire out of the gate at 11km. Its near the limit of your 12km base range, but you can do it. You can invis-torp out of the gate too with 8km torps and 7.5 detection base.

Both windows are tight though and CE extend it, which is the main selling point for me I think.

Agreed - CE is critical to have.  I just choose DE (more damage) over AFT (larger invis-fire window) as my 4 point skill.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

the "damage" is still the same... (IT ONLY INCREASES FIRE CHANCE)and the fire chance increase is not as significant an increase  opposed to the firing from 14.4 KM at something that will chat spam tears all the while you are hitting them....

SO DE is not as important to me....

AND FWIW I have absolutely no problems burning them down from ninja range.... so the chance of fires actually INCREASE for me because of the gianormous window of ninja shells.....

Agreed - CE is critical to have.  I just choose DE (more CHANCE OF FIRE damage 3%) over AFT (larger invis-fire window for more damage you inflict farther out and sooner than you can move in that they cannot retreat from) as my 4 point skill.

`Viola

Edited by pmgaudio

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

What the hell is this pansy-[edited]-stealth/concealment thing people keep talking about?

EDIT....

It is something certain ships are really really good at, so, why not

Edited by pmgaudio

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

well playing with you often and seeing how you are OUT of range most of the game, I would think you already know....

gonna go ahead and call a spade a spade.....

If it walks like a duck......

:trollface:

I think you have me confused for some one else.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I think you have me confused for some one else.

Maybe, Oh wait... yeah that was I___M....

sry

went and fixed that.....

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I bought mine when I started playing, seeing as I began around Christmas. I played a handful of games in it, but didn't fully understand the game when I did at that time. Still only 30-ish games played in her, my statline is horrid as a holdover from those times. I really should focus on pulling up those numbers, because now that I am fully versed in Russian gun DDs I could coax much better results now from the Lightning boat.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

OH and do not underestimate her AP shells....

On same tier cruisers they can wreak havoc on the bow Magazine..... and the Atlanta???

Citadels all day long...

So much this.  Landing six out of six on a torpedo salvo is nice & all, but nothing is as satisfying as seeing a cruiser tuck tail & run from your guns.

Sign in to follow this