You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
supertonic

Graphic Equalizer

2 comments in this topic

[SPTF]
Members
18 posts
30,337 battles

I have found on my computer a sound manager control panel (I have realtek audio HD. I use Turtle Beach PX22 headset), a graphic equalizer. This equalizer has 10 fadder bars with a range from 31 Hz to 16 kHz. When the bar is in the mid point there is 0 db attenuation of the incoming sound. When the bar is at the top there is a +12 db change. When the bar is at the bottom there is a -12 db change. A 10 db change causes a perceived increase in loudness of a factor of 2.

By playing with these bars and in combination with the game's slider bars in settings, I was able to change the citadel sound effect (wows) and similar effect in tanks (wot). These effects cause me real world problems. I set the  500 and 1000 Hz fadders to maximum and everything else to minimum. You will need to take into account what your speakers/headset spec's are and your age. I am 66 years old and my hearing fades out at 9 kHz (by test in the Physics lab). Voice and musical instruments general play in the mid range i.e. 500 to 2000 Hz. An 88 key piano's range is about 60 Hz to 4.2 kHz. A violin is capable of from 30 Hz to 16 kHz. 

I offer the above to anyone who wants more control over the in game sound effects.  If you are having trouble with the above,there are lots of you tube video's on graphic equalizers and how they work. Are there any sound recording engineers/musicians who can offer something better than my limited knowledge?

Please, let me know if any of this helps those who find some sound effects overwhelming.

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

In the RealTek  settings there is also an environmental sound setting for 'bathroom'.  I think I'll use it from now on since the game is going down the toilet.