You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wo_9

Worried about the new economy changes

41 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

anyone feeling the same?  even if you tank and do damage at the same time, your still not making anymore than you did in the last patch.   

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

Since I don't play BBs it doesn't concern me really

but I can imagine that higher tier BBs will suffer economically even more even if they do the same amount of damage because they didn't tank.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

That is a concern.  However, it seem that to offset this they will reduce repair costs at higher tiers.  It will increase credit grind without a doubt however.  Likely driving sales of premium ships to meet the credit sink hole.  

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

only CV's getting lower repair costs(which is a good thing imo)  

Edited by Wo_9

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

I'm interested in these set repair cost, it may mean whether you live or die you pay the same repair cost. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Hey look I paid for huge repair fees even though I take no damage. I guess this will at least prove it was a myth or not that players don't push because repairs are too expensive.

Now taking damage or being full health slaps you the same repair costs, we can finally see camping will go on because repairs were never the reason people camped to begin with. They only ever said that as an excuse to make them look less bad in the eyes of others. This is the NA player mentality, now damage and repairs are unrelated and people will find a new excuse to camp.

• Cool 3

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

anyone feeling the same?  even if you tank and do damage at the same time, your still not making anymore than you did in the last patch.   

1) You are, though. Now losing your ship is not as punishing credit-wise as before, so you can get in closer. And being closer means more damage.

2) Credit income for tanking is coming to the game at some point. Be patient.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

You aren't supposed to reliably make credits at high tier, stop trying to change it to make it so.

• Cool 3

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

You aren't supposed to reliably make credits at high tier, stop trying to change it to make it so.

Also this

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

As the post said, BBs will see about 50,000 lower cost.

The change is simply that you are going to pay the same service fee regardless of if you sink or take no damage, thus holding back has no economic advantage anymore.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

No but it does sound like, from the dev post, that they feel /if/ you have premium it should be easier to more reliably break even. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Hey look I paid for huge repair fees even though I take no damage. I guess this will at least prove it was a myth or not that players don't push because repairs are too expensive.

Now taking damage or being full health slaps you the same repair costs, we can finally see camping will go on because repairs were never the reason people camped to begin with. They only ever said that as an excuse to make them look less bad in the eyes of others. This is the NA player mentality, now damage and repairs are unrelated and people will find a new excuse to camp.

+1'd this, but I would also like to offer a comment. You see, repair fees were never the real reason for camping, but they were an additional incentive and a hugely conspicuous excuse for doing so. With this removed, and provided the change is widely advertised, many NA players may consciously reconsider the way they play.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

still hoping for rewards to increase before the patch goes live, because i really dont notice a difference.  

also hearing that you get a full repair bill regardless of damage taken, this true? 

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Except you're wrong with the definitive statement there, because cost is indeed the reason for many people's cautious play.

If what you said there is true, then an individual's behavior in Tier 10 will be exactly the same as it was in Tier 8. It rarely is. Yes, some people just snipe because they can't deal with closer combat. However, if someone plays more aggressively in 8 but not in 10 it is /not/ a fear of aggressive play. It's something else, and the only significant difference between T8 and T10 is the cost to you if you sink. 

Beta Testers
30 posts
4,097 battles

still hoping for rewards to increase before the patch goes live, because i really dont notice a difference.  

also hearing that you get a full repair bill regardless of damage taken, this true? 

Wasn't that the point? They don't want to adjust the total amount of credit earned, just to reduce the amount of credit earned if you don't actually try to tank and stay back and only snipe...

And yes, PT change means full repair bill regardless of damage taken. The amount is much less than current repair, though. Hope this improves the game since you're not punished economically for being aggressive anymore.

Edited by onyhow

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Yes, that's what the dev post said. Except it's a lower fee than what you currently pay if you are sunk. The idea is that people won't care about taking damage because the goal is going to be a scramble for ribbons to pay for the fee everyone is going to have. 

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Yes, as soon as you enter battle you will have a fixed amount for your repair bill, regardless of win/lose/draw/damage taken/damage done.

The question I have is what will that fixed amount be?  Is it going to simply be the average repair bill for that ship, is it going to be higher or lower than the average?

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Except you're wrong with the definitive statement there, because cost is indeed the reason for many people's cautious play.

If what you said there is true, then an individual's behavior in Tier 10 will be exactly the same as it was in Tier 8. It rarely is. Yes, some people just snipe because they can't deal with closer combat. However, if someone plays more aggressively in 8 but not in 10 it is /not/ a fear of aggressive play. It's something else, and the only significant difference between T8 and T10 is the cost to you if you sink. 

I'm sorry, but just wait and see. Increased repairs on no damage won't stop camping, just like when we had 40% discount and could easily net 100k credit profits in T10 even after sinking, the camping didn't stop then. People simply moved on to say torpedoes are the reason, or HE spam was the reason, or Yamato overmatch was a reason. I've seen this happen before, people would go all happy that the 40% discount would make them more aggressive and it never did. Now repairs don't increase based on damage by being always high. Very few players will change how they play.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

Wasn't that the point? They don't want to adjust the total amount of credit earned, just to reduce the amount of credit earned if you don't actually try to tank and stay back and only snipe...

And yes, PT change means full repair bill regardless of damage taken. The amount is much less than current repair, though. Hope this improves the game since you're not punished economically for being aggressive anymore.

well if this is true...it punishes anyone, unless you had an outrageous game or someone fed plane's to you. 

[NMKJT]
Members
4,280 posts
9,133 battles

Yep. I see people camping it out all through low-mid tiers. I was stunned by how pervasive it is when I ground through Konig and got a cross section of the tiers it sees. A significant fraction of the NA pubby mentality is shameless camping. They will take the least amount of risk to do something that they can, rather then trying to take the most effective risk to do the most they can.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

game is reflection on society.  most people  no longer like to take risks.     sad but true.     camping will continue, and now   better players will have to subsidize poorer player with higher cost.    lol. 

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I'm sorry, but just wait and see. Increased repairs on no damage won't stop camping, just like when we had 40% discount and could easily net 100k credit profits in T10 even after sinking, the camping didn't stop then. People simply moved on to say torpedoes are the reason, or HE spam was the reason, or Yamato overmatch was a reason. I've seen this happen before, people would go all happy that the 40% discount would make them more aggressive and it never did. Now repairs don't increase based on damage by being always high. Very few players will change how they play.

Well people devoted to sniping from the edge of the map are going to keep doing that, but with other ribbons like spotting and such, they're going to be making even less doing it compared to moving forward.

I'm one of the players that took one look at the cost of fielding Yamato in a mediocre game when you end up sunk at the end and said "nope" to Tier 10 in general because I can't afford those penalties when I have so many trees to grind through. With this change, I'll actually play my Yamato, and I'll play her the same way I did my Amagi. Back of the fleet, moving up with them and deleting targets as we go, brawling late game when the odds are more favorable for an IJN BB to get in close.

For people like me who don't have a ton of credits lying around (I know a lot of more senior players have way more than they'll ever need), T10 economy is absolutely a discouraging element to playing it at all, let alone playing it with a bit of caution to the wind.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

The change punishes people that were able to manage their HP/Planes well as well as accomplish something and buffs poor play. The only consolation I see is when the top tier ship runs away all game and ends the game on full HP he is still going to pay full repairs.