You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

WG I heard about reverting the BB armor nerf, while you are it

133 comments in this topic

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Can I have my Kagero and Shim back now?

I will target nothing but camping Battleships, consider it a public service.

Just figured you all are having a moment of clarity, figured it was a perfect time to ask:)

Your faithful Whale:

slak__

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 20

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
8,968 battles

You are doing this wrong.  You need to gnash your metaphorical teeth at the impossibility of killing camping BBs without ninja torps.   Even noob campers can see these torps.  The real problem is vigilance please remove this skill.

PS I'm not buying anything from you, WG, if you don't fix this.

:trollface:

[STORM]
Members
631 posts
24,417 battles

In your dreams. In the PT I played Khaba, no wonder why they nerf him, that ship it*s a beast, I can challenge a freaking Yamato and punish her with my puny guns lol cmon, it is a ship on Steroids running on pure non diluted Stalinium :trollface:

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

the last i ask is shima and kagero 1.4k torps .-. no more .... the speed and 10k range for the last 2 cuz 8k is a dead dead 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

You are doing this wrong.  You need to gnash your metaphorical teeth at the impossibility of killing camping BBs without ninja torps.   Even noob campers can see these torps.  The real problem is vigilance please remove this skill.

PS I'm not buying anything from you, WG, if you don't fix this.

:trollface:

Target acquisition + Vigilance :trollface:

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

You never lost them, so you can't get them back.

im going to take a wild guess and say you played neither ship pre or post nerf. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Until the stigma of torpedoes gets better.  I dont see a light at the end of the tunnel.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Just figured you all are having a moment of clarity, figured it was a perfect time to ask:)

Your faithful Whale:

slak__

Does this mean you'll quit shooting torps and fire bombs at me when I try to push ,then? lol.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

Give IJN torpedoes a slightly faster speed with less of a reload time and lower their damage or give slightly wider spreads. Then again, this is just the view of a BB captain, so what do i know *shrugs*

Members
1,776 posts
6,776 battles

Your faithful Whale:

slak__

+ Kitakami :hiding:
  • Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,833 posts

Did anyone actually think this would go through ?

negative BB changes are met with waves of Crying... 

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

As a main BB player, I've never *ever* had any problems with DD torpedoes, And I might play high-tier DD's one day.

As a BB player, I endorse giving back the teeth on the IJN destroyer's torpedoes WG.

They never bothered me...  even when Kitakami was part of their fleet.

Edited by Francois424
  • Cool 3

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

No. God, no. Getting rid of that long-range IJN torpedo soup has been such a good thing.

PS I own a Kagero, so it's not like I just want to nerf ships that I face. It's good for game balance.

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Beta Testers
354 posts
10,430 battles

If you think IJN dd's are in a bad spot you need to work on how you play them. the 10k torps on the Fubuki, Kag and also Shim(if im not mistaken) are ridiculously powerful. If anything the torp changes buffed IJN dd's. I do find it ironic that the same people crying about these mythical "camping" bb's are actually camping dd's. The IJN DD's are balanced, im sorry you cant sit acorss the map and sling torps out and never put yourself in any kind of danger. I'm a BB/DD main and none of these "nerfs" are game breaking. People confuse balancing with nerfing almost 100% of the time. Now if BB's were to take another hit after this round of balancing then I would call it a nerf. I honestly welcome these changes as a BB player. It just gives me more opportunities to do more damage to players I was already deleting in the first place.

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Beta Testers
354 posts
10,430 battles

Gotta be real here...If you can murder ships with 15 torp spreads...torpedo DD's aren't for you.

So true.
  • Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

long-range IJN torpedo soup

If you're getting hit by long-range torps, you're doing something wrong.
  • Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

I played the Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, and Kagero on the test server during the last few days. 

I honestly think these ships are amazing, and I look forward to unlocking them on the live server as I work my way up.

Best part about not having the things they take away, you don't notice them missing!

I can only imagine when those ships must have been like prior to the nerfs, but I'll just have to make due with whats left.

But if you ask me, that's still a LOT to work with. =)

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Did anyone actually think this would go through ?

negative BB changes are met with waves of Crying... 

It was touch and go for a bit - IJN DD nerfs were met with waves of crying too, but apparently there wasn't quite enough crying.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

I played the Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, and Kagero on the test server during the last few days. 

I honestly think these ships are amazing, and I look forward to unlocking them on the live server as I work my way up.

Best part about not having the things they take away, you don't notice them missing!

Try Fletcher / Gearing and compare them to Kagero / Shima - you'll quickly realize why folks are upset about current state of IJN DDs.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

If you're getting hit by long-range torps, you're doing something wrong.

I don't think you've actually played a good number of battles against the old Shimis. Otherwise you'd know that it was often physically impossible to completely avoid the 15 torp walls of death that were constantly spammed by them. Especially if there were two or three Shimis spamming those, and especially once TA became a thing.  Zigzagging wasn't really all that helpful, because these walls weren't thrown at a specific ship, but rather in the general direction of the enemy fleet or into choke-points, with zero risk to the DD itself.

And mind you, they can still launch torp walls from way in the back -- but with much slower and more visible torps. Or they can get in very close for a true torp wall of death, which is risky and requires skill. It's a lot better than the old meta.

• Cool 2

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Try Fletcher / Gearing and compare them to Kagero / Shima - you'll quickly realize why folks are upset about current state of IJN DDs.

OMG, no, some USN ship is performing better than its IJN counterpart?! Can't have that!

PS Fletcher might need some slight nerfs (e.g. to torp reload time), but only after Udaloi gets them. And no, taking off measly .5 seconds off reload while giving Udaloi crazy good rudder shift isn't a nerf in my book.