You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Memo_collector

5.12 Armour Change Has Been Reverted

153 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
186 posts
14,304 battles

All changes to armour thickness have been reverted for now.  This includes 8-10 tier battleship bow/stern armour, as well as destroyer hull thickness, and even fixes to Nagato's magazine armour and Montana's deck armour.

• Cool 4

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,465 battles

That's very interesting to know. Thanks for posting!

Also, read the post in its entirety. It includes more info on T10 economy changes and other things.

Edited by alexf24

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,532 posts
2,084 battles

So they heard our cries and answered. Thanks WG!!

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

Finally all the BB drivers will stop screaming bloody murder.

except Montana drivers. Their moment of glory was fleeting in deed. Back to being Yamato's plaything. 
  • Cool 1

[P2W]
Members
615 posts
7,904 battles

No, the yamato players will stop crying, they couldnt have their king ship being penned from the front now could they.

[P2W]
Members
615 posts
7,904 battles

except Montana drivers. Their moment of glory was fleeting in deed. Back to being Yamato's plaything. 

Yep, Im selling montana when I can convert free XP from her, I took 73K damage from 27 shells while running away from a yamato until I was undetected, healed a little then went bow on and took a citadel through the bow for the final blow.

In essentially three salvos he was able to do that because of the over match mechanic, that is the problem and WG should fix that issue instead of breaking other ships, the USN line does not have a T10 battleship currently as it stands.

• Cool 2

[CLOVR]
Beta Testers
3,667 posts
1,637 battles

Finally all the BB drivers will stop screaming bloody murder.

You have an unnatural animosity towards BB drivers. Why? I can't find any statistics that show BBs or their drivers are performing well or poorly compared to any other class. You just wants indirect buffs for your cruisers? We have seen this song and dance before in their other game, and it ends up with wildly unbalanced classes and nations. Why people want to repeat this is beyond me.

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

Good on WG for listening to player feedback about this obviously flawed change.

The opinion was overwhelmingly against it.  It was intended to stop BBs from going nose in, but all it will do is keep BBs further apart, i.e. in the back.

I'm glad they reverted it.

Members
909 posts

So they heard our cries and answered. Thanks WG!!

Not really. What most most people fail to realize is that Wargaming's changes are very data driven. If test data had shown that the changes WERE accomplishing their goals, the players could complain until the heat death of the universe and have no effect. I guarantee there's going to be just as much complaining about the next adjustment that's made to BBs in the next public test.
Edited by Moonrider
  • Cool 3

[P2W]
Members
615 posts
7,904 battles

Good on WG for listening to player feedback about this obviously flawed change.

The opinion was overwhelmingly against it.  It was intended to stop BBs from going nose in, but all it will do is keep BBs further apart, i.e. in the back.

I'm glad they reverted it.

Play the USN line on out and get you a T10 Montana and then come back and tell the people that play high tier Bbs besides yamato that everything is okay.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

They are giving the rudder shift modules to DD's? (Should make the khab much better for dancing. This is actually a nice buff for her. ) 

Edited by Cobraclutch
  • Cool 1

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,098 battles

For those who are to lazy to follow a link

Captains,

Please, be informed that based on the interim results of the public test of the 0.5.12 Update, we revised a number of previously announced changes:

• All changes to the hull plating thickness, including the plating of battleships and destroyers, are cancelled. We analyzed statistics and feedback for this change and saw that it didn’t fully meet the objectives. Adjustments to the balance of the individual classes and tiers will continue to be necessary, but, thanks to the information obtained from the general test, we will be able to find a more accurate and effective solution and show it to you in one of the following versions;

• New modernization for the VIII-X tier cruisers “Steering Gear Modification 3” will remain, and will be added to the game. It brings more diversity to the high-level cruisers gameplay, while providing an alternative to the configuration with maximum stealth. This has a positive effect on the game as a whole. Beyond that, we have decided to give the same modernization to all VIII-X tier destroyers. For them, the choice between accelerated rudder shift and invisibility will be even more interesting. At the same time, we eliminate the illogical situation where the rudder shift speed for cruisers rudders may exceed the rudder shift speed for destroyers;

• Other balance changes and fixes are presently found to be effective, and they remain in force.

Economic changes announced in the development bulletin will be included in full. However, in addition, an experimental system for calculating the costs per battle was implemented. The biggest part of the costs is ship’s repairs. Its influence was growing more and more with the rise of the tier. As a result, at tier X, the economy forced the players to behave with maximum caution, which negatively affected the dynamics of the battle. After all, even with significant combat success, a complete destruction of the ship led to a huge repair bill that could completely neutralize the profits. We decided to change this situation and make the following changes: 

• The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits and reduce the number of situations where you can go into negative with a premium account, having played effectively. We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?”  
  • Cool 1

Members
310 posts
2,647 battles

Wow. The BB whiners on these forums won.

What a joke.

I play all ship types. Thats why they are there. This change was r-tarded. Period. 

Members
982 posts
366 battles

So they're going to try something else then to address the bowsniping cancer currently infecting the game.

My money is on a serious accuracy nerf at long range, maybe coupled with an economy tweak that rewards BB's more for taking damage in the presence of allies rather than dealing damage.