You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

5th Tier Dunkerque CO Recommendation

18 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

2 more points toward a 15 point CO in the Dunkerque.  I have the following skills set up:

BFT

EM

TV

AFT

The wiki said preventive maintenance but wondering if there are other options I should consider?

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

If you really want a tier 5 skill I would suggest jack of all trades, however personally I would give up on tier 5 and go for high alert&fire prevention. If you are using premium damage repair superintendent is a good option too 

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,306 posts
12,930 battles

you could always use the extra catapult plane fly around you using air superiority... but best would be preventive maintenance

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

you could always use the extra catapult plane fly around you using air superiority... but best would be preventive maintenance

At least in the current version I'm pretty sure air superiority skill only applies to Carrier air groups, I could be wrong though 

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,306 posts
12,930 battles

At least in the current version I'm pretty sure air superiority skill only applies to Carrier air groups, I could be wrong though 

I've seen it work on catapult fighter's in the past. i do not know if they fixed it or not

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Correct they changed that a while ago. I would instead do manual AA and then 1 point for BOS.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Correct they changed that a while ago. I would instead do manual AA and then 1 point for BOS.

The problem for Manuel AA for Dunk is that all the dual purpose have limited firing arc, and that is toward the rear :teethhappy:

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

If not preventative maintenance, would manual control of secondaries work, you think?

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

If not preventative maintenance, would manual control of secondaries work, you think?

At tier 6 that skill only give a 15% decrease in dispersion, and most of them can only fire toward the rear lol 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

The problem for Manuel AA for Dunk is that all the dual purpose have limited firing arc, and that is toward the rear :teethhappy:

Luckily the AA aura remains the same regardless of the actual firing arc of the DP guns.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

AA does not have firing arcs. It's just an aura around the ship.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much the detection range of Dunkerque is reduced with CE....

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much the detection range of Dunkerque is reduced with CE....

Invisifire?..hmmmm It works for CA's not sure if it'll work for a bb?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Who said anything about invisifire? Concealment is good for getting close before being forced to engage, not just invisifiring.

Beta Testers
70 posts

You can't invisifire in a BB... but having CE will allow you to blink in and out of concealment when firing at range, and allow you to get closer before needing to engage.

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

14 percent reduction so about 13 km by see 11 km by air

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Since Dunkerque has such a poor concealment range, I think CE gives it the best benefits.

Concealment lets you move to where you need, as well as allow you to sneak in closer to your prey.