You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Carrier_Junyo

Do you still get butterflies, heart racing and jittery upon purchasing a new higher tier ship?

19 comments in this topic

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

I'm 91,000 XP from Taiho, and I cannot sit still....I'm stressing out already thinking of my maiden voyage in her :)

BHGeCCr.jpg

Edited by lord_of_storms

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Not anymore. I used to be like that, but the truth is, high tier gameplay sucks. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF7]
Members
755 posts
23,849 battles

I only get it when I see someone from the forums since its so rare for me. I feel like they are judging every rudder adjustment I make even though I KNOW they don't care. Happened today with OnTheHouse. 

Pretty much this

• Cool 1

Members
397 posts

Not here anymore either....it’s just another lamb for the slaughter. The match making (MM), Random Number Generator (RNG), the randomness of game play, the invisible ships, the invisible torpedoes etc. etc. makes for dead butterflies. The heart racing jitters was replaced by high in the sky repair bills and slaughter producing games and of course an Essex, Midway or even a Yamato is ready to rip you a new one.

Have FUN. Like to hear others joy.

PS: Other tier 10 players may also be joyous as ‘fresh meat’ is served. (-:

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,421 battles

I did when I got close to all of my 5 T10 ships. Like them all, still. (Gearing, Khabarovsk, Shimakaze, Zao, Hindenburg).

I am not close to any of the others at the moment, nor am I interested in any of the remaining ones. I'll get to them eventually but none holds my interest (except maybe DM, but I disliked and sold NOLA and have no interest in Balti at their current status).

I see people complain and dislike being targets. That is because most people, when they start in WOWS, want to get to Yammie and Montana (aka targets). Trust me, a Gearing or a Zao can take care of themselves and can inflict pain in the process. A Yammie is powerful, but most people's play with it does not impress me.

Edited by alexf24

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Not anymore. I used to be like that, but the truth is, high tier gameplay sucks. 

this guy gets it

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

I get cramps and Hershey Squirts, Because I know after the 20 million spent on the ship and upgrades just to make it work, I'll have to pay a crap ton more each time my team cowers in the corner and I get obliterated.

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

I do still get butterflies, heart racing and jittery upon purchasing a new higher tier ship, it’s because I know I am going to have to pay through the teeth to play it because high tier matches stink to high heaven. 

Also because I will have to listen to the whine fest about how OP this is or that it, or how poor that ship is and all the nerffing and buffing [edited].

But then I throw up and go play World of Tanks and have fun and feel a whole lot better.

Edited by RoundsDownRange

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

I've only got one  tier X (Khabarovsk) and in no rush to get more.

I've assiduously avoided higher tier battle for the most part because I was gravely warned, as a newb, that "they be peopled with meth-heads with maxed-out captains", and dragons and such.

[WAR-S]
Members
114 posts
25,829 battles

I did when I got my first tier 8 but after seeing the costs playing those levels I don't look forward to it anymore. It's like getting a promotion at work, you may get a little more income but you find the responsibilities outweigh the benefits. These days I get more excited getting my low tier ship captains to higher levels.  

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

My Fletcher is all ready unlocked. I just need more credits to get her and outfit and finish my Captain (14 skill points atm).

The anticipation is killing me. 

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

I only get an elevated heart-rate if the match is really close and I'm the last remaining ship that has a good chance of winning. Otherwise, not really. 

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

Tier 8 is as high as I go.  Yeah, new tier 8 ship!   Now I get to play in tier 10 matches, ugh, I guess I grind out the modules and then play something else.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,574 battles

I was thrilled when I got Ibuki, a bit when I unlocked Hipper, and delighted when I revealed Taiho.

But given the boring campfest, only Taiho regularly leaves port. My CAs just can't do much about the stalemate.

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

Wow, never expected such lack of enthusiasm from folk. 

There is yet to be a Tier X ship that didnt drop my jaw to the floor and giggle like a little 12 year old school girl who gets to be within 500m of Justin Bieber. 

Khaba, DM and Zao made me feel dirty on how OP and hilariously fun they are. Yammy was a bit underwhelming due to stratospheric expectations I had for it since day 1 of this game, but it was still a jaw dropping experience nonetheless. Gearing didifnt feel night and day compared to the already amazing Benson and Fletcher, but that ROF brings an uncontrolloble giggle with each LMB click.

Now that I've experienced the most powerful BB, DD, CAs any other Tier X I unlock will not have the same effect I bet. For example, i test drove the Moskva and Hindi on the PT, and granted they are AMAZING ships, the fact that I had already driven the Zao and DM, kindo of did not impress as much.

Triple TBs and Quad FTs though, now that I'm looking forward to...

Edited by lord_of_storms

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

There is yet to be a Tier X ship that didnt drop my jaw to the floor and giggle like a little 12 year old school girl who gets to be within 500m of Justin Bieber. 

:D