Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Strange Lag

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
825 posts

Not sure what I should do to try and fix this. World of Warships seems to be the only game that is effected by this and I don't know what to do to fix it.

I play a few games, ping is steady between 40-60, nothing too horrible, I can play the game with that just fine. But maybe three or four games in, my ping skyrockets to almost ten times that to almost 400-600 ping and stays there unless I close the client for a short period. Now, closing the game for a short time is an easy fix, but id rather not have to do that at all in the first place.

I am running Windows 10 if that helps anything.

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

I wasn't able to load a map after I had just been on it. It was deep into the match before I could get in. Then huge lag spikes and freezes.

Windows 7.

Edited by Wepps

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

It's Wargaming's cheap data handlers Level 3 and Telia.net every time. Their packet loss is absolutely horrendous and always has been.

To hear the usual shills tell it, it's always your connection, you are on dialup and blah, blah, troll, frikitty blah. They've had this problem for years since the release of WoT and it's only gotten worse over the years, never better.

And in a pre-emptive strike, here's a test I just ran:

zW9C9R4.jpg

So, sorry trolls. It's NOT me, or the OP, or pretty much anybody else. It's Wargaming as usual. It always has been.

Edited by Gomez_Adams

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

Yeah this lag thing. Happens for me around the 3-4hr mark. Friend has the same problem at the same time. Have to log out, then reboot the game. Seems to actually be getting worse.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

It's Wargaming's cheap data handlers Level 3 and Telia.net every time. Their packet loss is absolutely horrendous and always has been.

To hear the usual shills tell it, it's always your connection, you are on dialup and blah, blah, troll, frikitty blah. They've had this problem for years since the release of WoT and it's only gotten worse over the years, never better.

And in a pre-emptive strike, here's a test I just ran:

zW9C9R4.jpg

So, sorry trolls. It's NOT me, or the OP, or pretty much anybody else. It's Wargaming as usual. It always has been.

As much as I don't like gomez, he's right, if anyone blames the user then they have already forgotten wargaming's massive blunder back when OBT launched, and how things only really ever got better when wargaming fixed their damn file structure. 

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Then trchnically it is actually problems with: "Level 3 and Telia.net every time"

You get what you pay for.

They buy the cheapest, lowest cost services to maximize profit and throw the players under the bus. It's that simple. No other game I play has anywhere near this problem.

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

You would be hard pressed, especially in the US,  to not to hit level 3 at lest once on traversing the internet - they are quite a large backbone player.  I know nothing about Telia...

However - in a free to play game - no company will pay big bucks to pay for top of the line internet.  Now - considering how 'cheap' they are - it is amazing so few people have issues or if they do, it is intermittent at best.

I had one chunk of lag last night - it could be my ISP, it could be their connection, or it could have been the fact my PC has been up and running for weeks with Firefox open with 10-12 tabs the entire time and the PC is using 5+ gigs of the 8 gigs I have installed.  As many players want to believe - lag issues can be the game but it would likely affect far more than who complain.  Just because a persons ISP says they are fine does not mean the problem is with the game itself as many profess.  The ISP ONLY checks their network - anything can happen after the ISPs network and those issues will not show up in a speed test unless it just happens to traverse the exact same routing (nearly impossible).

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

You would be hard pressed, especially in the US,  to not to hit level 3 at lest once on traversing the internet - they are quite a large backbone player.  I know nothing about Telia...

True.

But when you buy their cheapest plan and you reach your data limit and they start cutting your bandwidth, guess what?

You start losing packets to cut down on the data you're moving.

This is EXACTLY what happens. Wargaming doesn't want to pay to have the game run smoothly, so they get their data limits cut down by the carriers and you run into the issues we have here. Again, I've never seen it happen anywhere else ever like it does here. That's because other games shell out for better plans so their players don't suffer all this crap.

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles

Not sure what I should do to try and fix this. World of Warships seems to be the only game that is effected by this and I don't know what to do to fix it.

I play a few games, ping is steady between 40-60, nothing too horrible, I can play the game with that just fine. But maybe three or four games in, my ping skyrockets to almost ten times that to almost 400-600 ping and stays there unless I close the client for a short period. Now, closing the game for a short time is an easy fix, but id rather not have to do that at all in the first place.

I am running Windows 10 if that helps anything.

1. Check your Windows Firewall

2. Go into the Task Manager, Processes tab and set WoWs to High priority

I don't know if it will help, but those are worth checking. Easier than digging into you router and setting ports, processes and your own mac address to a higher priority on the network. That's what I've had to do, but then I share internet with a household of Netflix addicts.

Members
328 posts

1. Check your Windows Firewall

2. Go into the Task Manager, Processes tab and set WoWs to High priority

I don't know if it will help, but those are worth checking. Easier than digging into you router and setting ports, processes and your own mac address to a higher priority on the network. That's what I've had to do, but then I share internet with a household of Netflix addicts.

Most cheap consumer routers don't have bandwidth control so that won't help for most people. I run enterprise grade gear and I can set priorities but I can tell you it doesn't help in this game. There is some sort of issue in the netcode and then there is the Telia issue. Anyone that's played WOT years ago remembers the Telia-Scandal. But I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue, it's very very common with WoWS after the 3-4 hour mark, suddenly you will lag, your ship will virtually stop at random times in battles.

TCP Optimizer can sometimes help...

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

OR

Install Kerish Doctor in non-realtime mode, run the Internet Speed Booster tweak in it. It sets parameters to be optimized for gaming. Then you can uninstal Kerish if you wish.\

http://www.kerish.org/en/index.php

However I really think the issue is in the game and with WG's providers like Telia. I run on a 350Mbps connection with a 24ms ping to WG servers and I still get the lag spikes. So good luck fixing it.

Edited by mattking2010

Sign in to follow this