Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yamatotamura

Radar range circle on minimap

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
653 posts
13,839 battles

Recently I have obtained the New Orleans and played some RU Cruisers in the PT server. 

Since I use radar now I have been thinking about the range of radar and about its effective range.

My New Orleans detect ability is 9.5 so i guess radar is within that range and that's how I've been dealing with the range guessing.

Can Wargaming developers add a circle for radar range in the mini map options bar?

If there is already a feature or a mod that I'm not familiar that can do that please tell how ingame or a link to the mod

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Would be nice . Right now in my Atlanta with a surface detection of 10.7 Km and air detection range of 6.4 Km and Radar of 8.54 detection range ; I have a fair chance of guessing at right between those two circles .

Members
1,360 posts

Would be nice . Right now in my Atlanta with a surface detection of 10.7 Km and air detection range of 6.4 Km and Radar of 8.54 detection range ; I have a fair chance of guessing at right between those two circles .

It's almost perfectly in the middle, only set off by 10m

Beta Testers
653 posts
13,839 battles

Most of the time the guess is right but sometimes I get it wrong. Since there is that few hundred meter difference to when I'm detected and my radar range I sometimes accidentally use my precious charge.

Members
296 posts
5,745 battles

Radar should be a colored shaded circle, visible on teammates' mini maps while it is active.   Too often teammates are running radar at the same time and it is a waste.

Sign in to follow this