You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
userz123

Remove battleship life regeneration and give it to cruisers! They don't need them!

76 comments in this topic

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

They just sitting in the back all day and if they so much as get a tiny paint scratch they would turn tail and run, plus they get super long range, so Give mid tier cruiser life regeneration ability, because cruiser need to get into the front fighting anyway. All that armor and life regeneration ability on battleship is wasted because all they do is sitting in the back and snipe.

Edited by userz123
  • Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

:facepalm:

Cruisers of T9 and T10 already have it.  They don't need it below that tier, if you can't dodge fire from "sniping battleships" in your cruiser there is no one at fault but you.  Atago has it at T8 too, and look how much better she does compared to every other CA there.

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

so when a Zao gets witherer by setting a Yamato on fire +7 times, whats a BB supposed to do?

so when a Fubuki torps an Amagi, whats a BB supposed to do?

so when a Ryujo snipes a Fuso, whats a BB supposed to do?

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 1

[SNEAK]
Members
38 posts
2,416 battles

Though it would be nice to have it on cruisers and I think a few do have it after certain tiers. The main reason it is there is to represent the damage repair parties that these large capital ships actually had. They really could effect repairs to the ships to recover at least some of their "health".

Alpha Tester
1,404 posts
113 battles

One of the purposes of a battleship is that it can take a beating, the same cannot be said about cruisers. Regardless of the camping strategy; a battleship needs the ability to bandage itself up a bit, or it will melt under heavy fire. Plus, the regeneration really isn't that much, it won't save you from getting sunk if you've put yourself in a precarious position. 

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

:facepalm:

Cruisers of T9 and T10 already have it.  They don't need it below that tier, if you can't dodge fire from "sniping battleships" in your cruiser there is no one at fault but you.  Atago has it at T8 too, and look how much better she does compared to every other CA there.

Yes they do need it below t9 they need to give cruisers life regen at level 6 because all the bb long range sniper start from that tier!!! 

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

The USN cruisers could arguably use it, since their tier 7 and 8 ships are have the worst stats among cruisers, have damage and XP similar to ships 1-2 tiers lower, and have worst-class survival rates. They need something. Other than that, the 2-week stats don't show cruisers in general doing that badly.

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

so when a Zao gets witherer by setting a Yamato on fire +7 times, whats a BB supposed to do?

so when a Fubuki torps an Amagi, whats a BB supposed to do?

so when a Ryujo snipes a Fuso, whats a BB supposed to do?

i don't know don't [edited]sit in the [edited]back all day?

what is a cruiser going to do if get torpedo?

what is a cruiser going to do if it get cit from all every single [edited]direction?

what is a cruiser going to do if BB just [edited]sit in the back and cruiser gun can't reach enemy?

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

One of the purposes of a battleship is that it can take a beating, the same cannot be said about cruisers. Regardless of the camping strategy; a battleship needs the ability to bandage itself up a bit, or it will melt under heavy fire. Plus, the regeneration really isn't that much, it won't save you from getting sunk if you've put yourself in a precarious position. 

The problem is Battleship dont even want to take a beating. all that armor and life regeneration is wasted on them when all they do is sit in the back.

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

OP just sounds salty about BBs and wants to make them suffer.  Bad idea is bad.  Battleships who play aggressive need it, or ones that actually want to tank.  Want to take it away?  Ok.  Enjoy taking point because we battleships aren't your exp pinatas and exist for your pleasure.  

And if nothing else, Balance needs to be a thing, sorry.  

• Cool 3

Members
781 posts
9,892 battles

what is a cruiser going to do if it get cit from all every single [edited]direction?

they usually blow up and sink.... so they don't need a repair... :trollface:

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

what is a cruiser going to do if BB just [edited]sit in the back and cruiser gun can't reach enemy?

CA has maneuverability

CA has concealment

CA has the option not to fight head on

CAs fragility is made up for by its ability to make itself a non priority target, whether you're able to do that is up to your skill level. 

BBs are big targets and can't just dodge torp walls or HE hellfire like CAs can w/o advanced warning. Escaping from a torp-wall unscathed is a tremendous feat, otherwise you're bound to get hit and you're bound to flood. CAs try no to get hit. BBs try to mitigate as much damage as they can while getting hit

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ
  • Cool 1

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

Or they do this:

0403229.jpg

That's the New Orleans sailing back to port with 150 feet missing off it's front end.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

what is a cruiser going to do if get torpedo?  This is why Cruisers not only move faster. More often than not, have better turning radius'..

what is a cruiser going to do if it get cit from all every single [edited]direction? Situational awareness goes a long way. No really it does. If you are getting citadeled from "every  direction" then what are you doing in the enemies base when the match starts? Go home!! Go back to your base!!! Your team NEEDS YOU! Also, refer back to my previous statement... Cruisers maneuver a lot better, not to mention, shocker here, better concealment in most cases.

what is a cruiser going to do if BB just [edited]sit in the back and cruiser gun can't reach enemy? More often than not I find that a Cruiser will spot me before I spot it when I am playing my BB's (in any Tier). Don't know, call me crazy.. Something about "large ships being large" and all.

On a side note, good to see you're back to your old antics Userz123. I take it you got bored with whatever side project you had going or another account of yours got the hammer so this one is back in the rotation?

• Cool 1

Members
3,929 posts
20,944 battles

They just sitting in the back all day and if they so much as get a tiny paint scratch they would turn tail and run

Members
195 posts
786 battles

lol

Members
195 posts
786 battles

Or they do this:

0403229.jpg

That's the New Orleans sailing back to port with 150 feet missing off it's front end.

cant see image. link me

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Regret every stupid decision they've made that lead them up to the point where their own prey somehow beat them.

The same thing as a battleship would. Nothing. Because the repair party consumable cannot heal damage taken from citadel hits anyways.

Well... that one's more difficult. Either A: they sit there like an idiot and die. B: run away like an idiot and die. C: go into cover and focus on capping while said BB loses the game for the enemy team due to bad positioning. Or D: Leeroy Jenkins it and torp them point blank.

Edited by Stratego89

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

As a BB main, no. That class needs its damage control, unless WG wants to make them move like cruisers.

But for cruisers? I honestly don't see a big issue with them having a limited repair party down to tier 6 for some fire mitigation.

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Yes they do need it below t9 they need to give cruisers life regen at level 6 because all the bb long range sniper start from that tier!!! 

Yeah lets give the Cleveland another buff, it sure needs one not like it has great AA and decent guns along with secondaries to make a BB jealous