You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Lord_Scott_

FEEDBACK REPLAYS

10 comments in this topic

Banned
669 posts

I don't have a button in game to start a replay nor is there any way to enable a replay in-game. I know if you download a mod for it you can maybe enable a replay but if you guys want replays make it a in-game option . not an outside mod. some of us OLD people don't have the skillset to go into program files and move things around.  ​Just saying, If you want Replays Give us the tools in game to record the game and easy way to send them in.

Edited by _Lord_Scott_

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

Don't need an outside mod, just need to edit an ini file.

My best guess is that they haven't officially introduced a replay functionality within the game itself because the replay system is still buggy.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

I don't have a button in game to start a replay nor is there any way to enable a replay in-game. I know if you download a mod for it you can maybe enable a replay but if you guys want replays make it a in-game option . not an outside mod. some of us OLD people don't have the skillset to go into program files and move things around. just saying if you want replays give us the button to record the game and an easy way to send them to you

I am 62 years ; 7 months and 7 days old and had no problem doing this :

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman
  • Cool 2

Banned
669 posts

Don't need an outside mod, just need to edit an ini file.

My best guess is that they haven't officially introduced a replay functionality within the game itself because the replay system is still buggy.

​you mean more buggy than the game? and what's a ini file? like I said some of us OLD people are not skilled in simple computer skills I play the game I use the mouse and the command keys I Do Not mess around in the program files. all I said was give me a simple way to record the battles and an easy way to send them in. if they want replays give us the tools to oblige

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

​you mean more buggy than the game? and what's a ini file? like I said some of us OLD people are not skilled in simple computer skills I play the game I use the mouse and the command keys I Do Not mess around in the program files. all I said was give me a simple way to record the battles and an easy way to send them in. if they want replays give us the tools to oblige

And as I stated before I am old and have no computer skills and was still able to do it .

What does that have to do with WG's unwillingness to put in basic support tools? :amazed:

Nothing I was addressing the age issue .  lol

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

What does that have to do with WG's unwillingness to put in basic support tools? :amazed:

​you mean more buggy than the game?

It crashes a lot, it lags a lot, it displays things wrong, it cuts and skips, it can't display certain UI elements, it freezes, it gets corrupted, it becomes outdated, its super easy to turn on anyway.

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Don't worry about these whipper snappers. They were raised in a different generation than ours....well anyways..

WHEN you get the REPLAY a working there have been some changes than the last instruction posted insofar as HOW its all controlled  Here goes.

Once you click on the REPLAY file you have to ASSOCIATE it to your WOW.EXE file.    Right click on your replay file and choose OPEN WITH.....

go to default settings which is Local Disk (C:) - Games - World of warships -  WorldofWarships applications (about 23,873 KB) <- right click on that file  Done.

Now in your replay file double click on the replay file and it should have a WOW icon on it since it was linked/associated to it.

The WOW file will launch and you should NOT see any logon as if you do that means it won't replay. Either something is wrong OR you have been updated and the OLD replay has been superceeded and now obsolete on this newer version.

Okay lets pretend it goes and its loading.  You will see the the game interface and it will mimic your mouse moves as you did.  You will start your replay battle just as you did and also see exactly what you did with no keyboard intervention.

Kinda like seeing a movie - VHS or Beta lol!   Now you can alter its runtime by the following.

INS - increase speed of playback

Del - decrease speed of playback

Home - Normal Playback

End - Slowest playback possible. Note it cannot pause..

To detach playback cam to Free cam do the following:

Right click anywhere on the screen

Press and hold right side  CTRL and above it SHIFT simultaneously

While holding above keys - press BACKSPACE

Now your cam is detached from ship.

Press on your keypad the 7 key - you will rise above the ship.

9 key lowers your view

4 key rotate left your view 

6 key rotated right

Arrow keys:  

Left: pans left

Right pans right

UP goes forward

Down goes backward

8 key on keypad - tilts UP

5 key on keypad tilts down

Do not use the left right chevron keys which are the comma and period - they will lock up the play. Well lock up the visual but I think the sea sounds will still play endlessly lol!

When you play the Freecam mode your ship will not have any icon on top of it. Thats how you know thats your ship. With that the Freecam is handy to see where you got hammered from as the reg playback doesn't always clearly show you

that. - well unless there has been other UNKNOWN updates thats all I gots. ENJOY!

Oh one last thing - the 9 key used to view UNDER the water but that has been restricted to just above the water now.  in the last two updates. 

Edited by dionkraft

Banned
669 posts

I am 62 years ; 7 months and 7 days old and had no problem doing this :

​Good for you, As I am Older and my skillset isn't up to yours Congrats but the underling problem isn't our age, it is the addition of tools to give the Dev's what they want and a simple solution is to add this feature.