You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hurlbut

So I was puttering around in Public Test 5.12 and I notice...

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

That while in my bismarck and Grober Kurfurst, other peoples in same ships and the T9 as well doesn't seem to be using their secondaries at all? I was secondary specced (with 5th tier skill the Manual Secondary Control) on both ships and lemme tell you it is truly glorious. Racked up over 152k damage on Bismarck brawling with 2 Kurfurst and a Bismarck more or less alone and 248 secondary hits. (took Bismarck with me and mauled both Kurfurst). 

I mean I know you want to try them out and also test out the bow armor changes....but those german ships' shtick among the battleships are excellent secondaries beside their brawling armor!

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

What do you mean by "train?" To get them to point at something? 

Hold the left cntrl key and then click LMB over the desired target. The secondaries take care of the rest. 

To get manual fire training you need to get to your 5th level captain skill- which is a grind but much less so with the dragon flags. 

Edited by ENO75

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

How hard is it to train your secondary guns? I haven't tried it yet.

For Bismarck, just have the targets be offset from your bow for a good firing angle on your secondaries. If you get Manual Secondary Control skill, you have to prioritize a target like ENO75 said. Be warn though you will need to do this every time because the secondaries will not fire on their own.

For lulz you could put the points from Manual Secondary skill into DE and the set fires can rack up when you have targets within 10km.

By taking the Manual Secondary Control skill, you get -60% to dispersion for them in exchange for needing to prioritize a target within range to make them fire at all.

Grober Kurfurst's secondaries are pretty sweet. Very good arc, improved fire chance. I took the secondary fire rate improve module in the last slot. That is pretty evil. Around 5.4 second for the 150mm and 3.8? second for the 128mm.

All at 10km. So much dakka. 

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

For Bismarck, just have the targets be offset from your bow for a good firing angle on your secondaries. If you get Manual Secondary Control skill, you have to prioritize a target like ENO75 said. Be warn though you will need to do this every time because the secondaries will not fire on their own.

For lulz you could put the points from Manual Secondary skill into DE and the set fires can rack up when you have targets within 10km.

By taking the Manual Secondary Control skill, you get -60% to dispersion for them in exchange for needing to prioritize a target within range to make them fire at all.

Grober Kurfurst's secondaries are pretty sweet. Very good arc, improved fire chance. I took the secondary fire rate improve module in the last slot. That is pretty evil. Around 5.4 second for the 150mm and 3.8? second for the 128mm.

All at 10km. So much dakka. 

Demo Expert only applies to main battery.
Edited by SergeantHop

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,510 battles

This has no effect as Demolition Expert is +3% chance of fire for a Main Battery or bomb hit.  DE doesn't affect secondaries.

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

Are you sure about that? That would be a disappointment. 

yes. it is known.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Are you sure about that? That would be a disappointment. 

It's clearly stated in the description.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

Oh it does specifically say that. Glad I didn't pick it up on my german captains specced for secondary >.>

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Why bother using secondaries now when you'll be punished for using it?

No, the new meta on PT is Bismarck with DE, Dispersion reduction, and firespamming HE all day, while FdG and GK choose Dispersion + RoF or Range and spam 16" or 16.5" shells at the bows of battleships all day and farm easy damage while only taking some 33% damage while still able to shrug off being citadeled through the bow.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

Seriously? Going for range? When your turtleback armor is reduced in effectiveness at range? I tested out the Kurfurst she has terrific turret movement that suit a brawling battleship along with an excellent secondary suite to supplement her main guns.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

You need the situational awareness to select targets... A lot aren't used to having to tell the secondaries to kill something. 

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

That's if you get Manual Secondary Control skill. I do since it is important having good situational awareness than going tunnel vision on one thing and forgot all others.