Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

I love to push as a BB.. why i don't in higher tier games.

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

The reason i don't push as a BB in higher tier games has nothing to do with armor, the economy, destroyers, cruisers or any other type of ship that could be in game someday. 

It has to do with the fact the rest of your team sits in the back doing just what is in the vid below....

• Cool 10

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

Yup.  Played 3 games in my  North Carolina  last night and in each one as I pushed at the front of a pack of BBs and CAs as soon as I approached the caps I looked behind me and thought "where the hell did everybody go"?

Then I got deleted by half the Opfor.

When I asked the question each time a variation of the the answer came back "BBs shouldn't YOLO". from the CAs and BB's that turned and ran at the first sight of a red icon.

• Cool 2

[T-R-F]
Banned
677 posts
22,670 battles

Yup.  Played 3 games in my  North Carolina  last night and in each one as I pushed at the front of a pack of BBs and CAs as soon as I approached the caps I looked behind me and thought "where the hell did everybody go"?

Then I got deleted by half the Opfor.

When I asked the question each time a variation of the the answer came back "BBs shouldn't YOLO". from the CAs and BB's that turned and ran at the first sight of a red icon.

I see this happen in my Tirpitz. I have likely another BB a Ca and maybe DD heading to the same cap as me, yet when in cap I find myself alone facing 3-5 enemy ships.

Members
687 posts

I always push as a BB. Too often though the shells start flying and you yell out "Lets get em boys!" and turn around to find that they are all huddled on the far end of the map. As they used to say, "In the rear with the gear". :(

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

And then theres me. Leading the charge in my monty and Iowa. 

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I YOLO'd straight down the middle of C on Tears in my Yamato the other day just to see what would happen. Even announced to my team my intentions.

I watched my team peel away from C like a banana as I got burnt to the ground. Experiment over.

Yes, I get the idea is not to push early like that, but I wanted to see if anybody would actually stick with me....nope.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Love the line about work and hobby

Not even my line. Stole it from someone else.

Members
848 posts
6,907 battles

this is fun though 

9EsxT7S.jpg

I love the little 'Detected' icon. When I saw that, I was like; 'no way that other 30,000 tonne carrier can see another 30,000 tonne carrier at 100 cm max range!'

Members
1,211 posts
4,334 battles

I YOLO'd straight down the middle of C on Tears in my Yamato the other day just to see what would happen. Even announced to my team my intentions.

I watched my team peel away from C like a banana as I got burnt to the ground. Experiment over.

Yes, I get the idea is not to push early like that, but I wanted to see if anybody would actually stick with me....nope.

There's a vast difference between "YOLO" and "push".

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

LOL, yeah, really......though in PVE the teams like to do that after having pressed W a few times.......then they all die, leaving the lone BB against like 4 ships...thats been an increasing commonality.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
15,598 battles

Wo_9, i would love to do something that hilarious...but!!!!  Nobody trust an Atlanta....i'd get shot at just be looking as someone funny... O_O buwhahaha ^_^

[RGB-1]
Members
92 posts
21,361 battles

Most of us know about the cowards within the game. The responsibility is WoW to bring back Team battles. I suspect it was very successful dividing  the cowards from the champs. If you as a Captain have an aggressive  play style you will find a group of others. It becomes very clear who the cowards are within Team battles. Cowards are kick out. The cowards are mixed with Random games. At this point in time we aggressive captains can only play random games with sneaky cowards mixed into the games. That super sucks. Bring back team battles Chicken Sh?t WoW. 

[CAP]
Members
139 posts
9,511 battles

Wo_9, i would love to do something that hilarious...but!!!!  Nobody trust an Atlanta....i'd get shot at just be looking as someone funny... O_O buwhahaha ^_^

LOL ... I'm so scared of an Atlanta that I have to resist the urge to shoot them when they are on my team ... so much burning ... it is amazing how quickly an OpFor will focus fire on an Atlanta but can't be bothered to acknowledge other ships.

[HEROS]
Members
2,094 posts
19,478 battles

Oh I hear you..  I've been left hung out to dry more times that I can count, and called an idiot for doing so.  I don't even reply any more to those types.    Yet I still manage a better then 50% W/L or better in my chosen ships.  

You don't learn if you don't try.  And the only thing folks like that teach you is that they cannot be depended on in a fight.   I'll happily fight beside the aggressive player that thinks "Get in there where you cannot miss"  Get in there so close that the commander skills, the special modules and the bright shiny expensive bits advantages are negated  or minimalized.  Even a Yamato cannot shrug off a point blank fire from a 11",13", and 14" gunned battle ships.  At under 12 km even 8' heavy cruiser guns can cause it a world of hurt.

hey old saying.. No guts? No glory.  You keep doing what your doing..Your fine.  You see my handle in a fight on your team, gimmie a wave, we'll show what a real BB drivers can do.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

While its true that most players do retreat like that, its important to maintain situational awareness and turn around with them instead of YOLOing in and wondering where the hell they went. The team that sticks together longest wins. as long as they dont ball up and never move again.  

Sign in to follow this