Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BURN_Miner

It took 5,623 battles to turn pink

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Now my memory is poor, but I know I have caused team damage a long time ago with a torpedo in the lower Tiers. Whether or not this killed the player, I can't recall, but I do know that this was before the pink labeling was enabled and I do recall the guy sitting still for a long time and then moving once my torps got near. With that one instance aside, I cannot recall any other event where I have torpedoed someone or caused damage (outside of secondaries). Even with the  secondaries, prior to them being recently adjusted, I would turn them off as I was hyper-vigilant with them and my teammates presence.

Well, it finally happened...

I

Am

Pink....

:(

I felt so bad after knowing I killed this guy as he was going in for a Kraken.

qmlGB5S.jpg

w8ievoj.jpg

We were both going after the Kirov, though he (The Farragut) was in their cap and coming back out. Plenty of time in the game to do so and he was literally tearing up their team. Though low on health, I think he was trying for a suicide run with a torp spread at the end. I was trying to help screen him from a distance (trying to catch up from about 14-16km iirc) and although a few shells hit for an overpen at the time, the one wayward shell went over the Kirov and hit The Farragut for a grand total of 552 damage. Which was all the HP he had left....

I received no warning in game for it. The only things that were said was a "LOL" from the Kirov and the Farragut said "So Close". And that was it!!! I went on my way as all I saw was a 552 on my screen in white damage.. I assumed it was also associated with the other damage to the Kirov. I also assumed that with the Farragut being so close to the Kirov that either the Kirov's secondaries killed him or his main batteries did. So I didn't even bother to look above the mini-map to see who the kill was granted to.

Sure enough after the game, I'm back in port and I see my account name in Pink... I check out the post battle report and there it is... I look up the player I killed and message him an apology explaining that had I known at the time, I would have apologized on the spot. He was really cool about it and said stuff happens. None the less, I feel bad about robbing him of nothing short of an even more epic game than what he had, let alone the delay in the apology.

I know stuff happens, but alas, I am pink and I am ashamed.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Recently had my first pinking, as well, at Random game #3,220.

6 Coop games and 250k damage later, and all was normal, again.

[REDZ]
[REDZ]
Members
47 posts
26,836 battles

Feel your pain OP, had it happen to me at about the same number...  Figured with the hundred of thousands of rounds of ordinance fired, it eventually would.

Law of averages will eventually tap you on the shoulder with a smile and a "Gotcha".

Members
11 posts
12,481 battles

Pink and proud on Monday!  Sank a racist red neck calling me a weebo and other names.  I tried logic talking about range and speed.  I tried history explaining the Kongo was a British made hull.  In the end I just had to sink him.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

I'm on pink right now for sinking a TKer who spent the whole match telling the other team our positions, then claiming he would get me banned for sinking him.

How to spot a WoT player 101.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Mine was around 5400, some lippy little kid who was horrible got the better of me and I let him have one little pop.. that turned out to be a Citadel for almost his whole HP pool.. instant pink lol.

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,459 battles
just go down to tier 2 and yolo for 5 battle, just make sure to do some damage, I have only  had it about 5 times, but there fast games down their and you can get rid of it quick,  now its a good thing they did not have it in cbt when I was a noob and had the kit, I had way to many but that ship it s TK monster lol

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

I was pink within my first 50 games, filthy casual

Wow... Truly I am taken back by this. lol

I'm left wondering a few things. "Within my first 50 games", I was ok with that, after all people learn at different paces, etc.. However, what opened the door here was, "filthy casual" after that. Which takes me back to the first part I quoted and has me scratching my head.

So are you affirming that within your first 50 games you had already established who was hardcore and who was casual in the game? Furthermore, you had deemed yourself judge, jury and "friendly" team executioner?

Your one sentence says a lot man and no, there is no punchline, no joke being missed here. I see no sarcasm anywhere dripping nor implied, especially given the context of posts you tend to generate. I mean WOW...

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

just go down to tier 2 and yolo for 5 battle, just make sure to do some damage, I have only  had it about 5 times, but there fast games down their and you can get rid of it quick,  now its a good thing they did not have it in cbt when I was a noob and had the kit, I had way to many but that ship it s TK monster lol

Ah, I played normally to work it off (Tiers 4 through 8 - respecing Captains atm). Though it took 6 battles for some reason as I got accidentally TK'ed by friendly torps during an engagement. Don't know if that was a factor or not, but it took 6 and not 5 (had 2 battles saying 2 left even though I did no team damage to anyone /shrug).

Sign in to follow this