Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uO7eEzhrDxsi

The player log jam

18 comments in this topic

Members
687 posts

If players can see this surely WG can. I'm new at the the game and see it. The higher tier players are frustrated with the game play at upper tiers and are back playing in 4 5 and 6. The new players such as myself are getting to those tiers as well. Surely WG can see it. How this affects me as a new player is that makes me reluctant to continue higher in the tiers. If I understand th game economy right the developers make the money at the upper tiers. So, are they not shooting themselves in the foot?

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,436 battles

It is not a new phenomenon. Some players like to do seal clubbing to relax (I usually don't). Aside from those, you have to consider:

• high tiers are expensive, players need to play at mid tiers to generate credits to afford the high-tier maintenance
  • T4-T5 have fun ships to play for everybody, so all players keep a few at those tiers and play them occasionally.
  • T5-T6 are in a bind at the moment (esp. cruisers), due to the current MM changes to T3-T4. T5 gets to see T7 most of the time (not fun). T6 gets too see T8 too often too (more than it used to). Nit fun either in an Arizona to get a fight with a North Carolina or a Bismarck.
  • New lines come in (e.g. German BBs) so you will inevitably find stronger players starting the new line at T2 or T3

If encountering stronger players in lower or mid-tiers is a problem for you, division with a stronger player and follow his lead on how to deal with these issues. It is possible. Some ships do not get affected much by being up-tiered,(e.g. Minekaze), some do (e.g. Omaha). 

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

If you have a prem account you still make money in the upper tiers. If I play exclusively tier 10 then yeah I basically break even. Lose some make some ... Tier 9 a little better, and tier 8 I am making plenty. The idea of the game though is to play a lot of tiers. No reason to only play high tiers and that is a good thing.

Edited by paradat

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

They are doing this ( the high tier players ) because some of them have to pay for the costs . As you say this may seem like a bad thing for newer players . However it is actually somewhat helpful : (1) because there are a lot of them that are willing to help others learn to do better ; all you have to do is ask . (2) It means these tiers have to learn to play well to be useful at higher tiers .

EDIT: Plus all the things alex24 posted . And that I agree with Paradat  .

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Yeah I'm new but even to me there seems to be an imbalance in the system.

It is on purpose. We want all the tiers to be populated. It would suck for the game if the lower tiers were ghost towns.

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

High tier players playing the lower tiers is not new, nor is it a sign of a problem. Players like myself have a lot of lower tier premium ships, nikolai, texas, yubari, iwaki, arkansas, and use them to train up or retrain captains for the next ships weve unlocked. We use them to make credits (though some of us make good money at tier 8 and 9) and use them for free exp. Overall you shouldnt be concerned about it. Rather, learn from it and improve your game play so that when you do hit tier 8+ you dont need to drop back to tier 4-5 to make credits as often.

• Cool 1

Members
408 posts
2,273 battles

High tier players playing the lower tiers is not new, nor is it a sign of a problem. Players like myself have a lot of lower tier premium ships, nikolai, texas, yubari, iwaki, arkansas, and use them to train up or retrain captains for the next ships weve unlocked. We use them to make credits (though some of us make good money at tier 8 and 9) and use them for free exp. Overall you shouldnt be concerned about it. Rather, learn from it and improve your game play so that when you do hit tier 8+ you dont need to drop back to tier 4-5 to make credits as often.

>.> No mention of the lulbany... I see what you did there...

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

>.> No mention of the lulbany... I see what you did there...

i forgot i had that ship. Like the emden and the gremy. I just never play it.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Also realize that the cost to purchase/equip higher tier ships is very high.  For example to purchase a Fubuki, then all of the modifications, and all 5 upgrade slots is 20,445,000 credits.  So those of us who don't have those ugly purple boxes all over our warships.today stats (like Capt_Rye) play other ships to farm credits because the XP grind through a ship can be much quicker than the credit grind (especially if you didn't sell the previous ship in the tech tree). 

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

Also realize that the cost to purchase/equip higher tier ships is very high.  For example to purchase a Fubuki, then all of the modifications, and all 5 upgrade slots is 20,445,000 credits.  So those of us who don't have those ugly purple boxes all over our warships.today stats (like Capt_Rye) play other ships to farm credits because the XP grind through a ship can be much quicker than the credit grind (especially if you didn't sell the previous ship in the tech tree). 

you dont like my royal purple? 

Yes the exp grind does go quicker than the credit grind when you get up there. Infact for most people tier 8 is their break even point, which means that even though theyve researched the next ship they didnt actually make enough credits to buy it. People usually sell their tier 7s to cover the cost of 8 but most cant even do that for tier 9.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

you dont like my royal purple? 

Yes the exp grind does go quicker than the credit grind when you get up there. Infact for most people tier 8 is their break even point, which means that even though theyve researched the next ship they didnt actually make enough credits to buy it. People usually sell their tier 7s to cover the cost of 8 but most cant even do that for tier 9.

Yeah, because I have no purple I hit that break even point at T7....it didn't help that I was trying to grind the Colorado (pre buff) and the Pensacola

Members
3,929 posts
20,949 battles

Yeah I'm new but even to me there seems to be an imbalance in the system.

Come play pVe, where we are all equal in the eyes of the bots.

[RRC]
833 posts
8,626 battles

Yeah, because I have no purple I hit that break even point at T7....it didn't help that I was trying to grind the Colorado (pre buff) and the Pensacola

sorry i dont have a how to colorado video out. That probably would have helped ya out.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

sorry i dont have a how to colorado video out. That probably would have helped ya out.

Nope, because back then nothing would help the combination of that cr@p ship and my lousy play.  Remember the stock Colorado is a massive POC.  Your detection is 1.5KM > main battery range, top speed is 18.6 knots, only 49000HP, dispersion is 22% greater than the Nagato...yeah, the stock Colorado is painful and it takes 34000 XP and 4,375,000 credits just to get the 4 upgrades, the B hull, propulsion, and firing systems mods.  

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

I don't have any purple either, but I find having premium time + some premium ships helps me keep the credits flowing regardless of tier. It's true that t10 is mostly a break-even point, but I have enough credits now that it doesn't really make any difference any more.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

colorado is excellent as long as you have hull upgrade.    i am not premiun account player, but have done fine.  best thing you can do, is pick up some cheaper premium ships.    

Sign in to follow this