You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Ice

WG REALLY believes people won't camp in BB's with this new nerf? PT results

54 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I should point out that the test server population is also about 50% from RU, where brawls are the meta.  People who do nothing but brawl on their live accounts are driven to sniping.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 6

[DIEBL]
Alpha Tester
730 posts
4,941 battles

the daily Cpt_Ice thread about the BBaby nerf huh?

Not just Ice. Everyone is losing their shite over this. Just read the previous forum threads before this.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Mebbe if the rewards from battler were based upon actions taken, camping and long range sniping would be eliminated and damage would become king... they would also need to adjust all weapons to be on a sliding scale which worked in reverse... the long range, tough shots would pay the least. In your face, the maximum. 

Otherwise people just gonna be people. 

Beta Testers
562 posts
1,852 battles

I should point out that the test server population is also about 50% from RU, where brawls are the meta.  People who do nothing but brawl on their live accounts are driven to sniping.

If this nerf  actually made those russians sober up, then it's something worth to reconsider.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

If this nerf  actually made those russians sober up, then it's something worth to reconsider.

No. The RU server had it right. You get in there, pull up your big boy pants, and brawl it out and use the armor and HP like its supposed to be used.

No-one likes pussyfooting in the back field and lobbing max range shots, hoping for maybe one or two rounds to hit. Thats boring and extremely stale game play.

• Cool 7

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

I won't say whether or not there are stats from 1 example on PT, I'm sure WG are collecting some stats anyways. My personal thoughts, is this change will not fix what they think it will. This "adjustment" will punish more the players that get close to the battle and use their ship, rather than those who sit at range (where the bow armour = nothing due to plunging fire). IMHO the ONLY way for WG to fix the bow on camp meta is to make CVs more numerous and playable. If there is a CV threat, I hardly see people use this tactic, as it makes them a very easy target for TBs and DBs.

TLDR: The problem isn't the BB bows, but the lack of CVs. And I'm not going to stoop to calling people expressing legitimate concerns as baBBies, and I don't think others should either. We all have opinions and concerns, and this forum is set up exactly for that purpose.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

No-one likes pussyfooting in the back field and lobbing max range shots, hoping for maybe one or two rounds to hit. Thats boring and extremely stale game play.

Says you. I rather enjoy the challenge of trying to hit someone at long range and the satisifaction of when I get a hit. That takes skill and practice, but any 5 year old can shoot another ship 6km away and think they are uber skilled

[T-R-F]
Banned
677 posts
22,660 battles

I won't say whether or not there are stats from 1 example on PT, I'm sure WG are collecting some stats anyways. My personal thoughts, is this change will not fix what they think it will. This "adjustment" will punish more the players that get close to the battle and use their ship, rather than those who sit at range (where the bow armour = nothing due to plunging fire). IMHO the ONLY way for WG to fix the bow on camp meta is to make CVs more numerous and playable. If there is a CV threat, I hardly see people use this tactic, as it makes them a very easy target for TBs and DBs.

TLDR: The problem isn't the BB bows, but the lack of CVs. And I'm not going to stoop to calling people expressing legitimate concerns as baBBies, and I don't think others should either. We all have opinions and concerns, and this forum is set up exactly for that purpose.

BINGO! BIN FREAKING GO!

Fix the freaking carriers and by nature this tactic would be obsolete except for advancing.

THe problem for carriers right now is these two issues.

1: MM, If a t6 carrier is in a T8 match it's useless. AA shoots down all it's planes and if lucky may get a torp launched.

2: The US line, whoever came out with the loadouts was insane. they don't work. Each carrier from all nations should have a set amount of planes and the player can make their own loadout.

These two things would make CVs playable again and you would by nature see the reverse bow  tactic going away

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

No. The RU server had it right. You get in there, pull up your big boy pants, and brawl it out and use the armor and HP like its supposed to be used.

Not exactly true. Plenty of BB players must "like" that game play considering about 1/2 of them employ it each and every match. 

The "nerf" is War Gaming's first attempt at BB population control and from what I'm seeing here with all the "OMG I'm quitting BB if they implement this" the nerf might do what they want it to which is scare off a portion of the population. If enough don't go, more nerfs will come to try and lose more players. 

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

I also hope that BBrats are prepared for a nerf to their AA so CV can have an easier go. BB wasn't supposed to be a all in one class and CA was supposed to carry the AA load. Once every BB in game became a floating AA platform it certainly didn't help the carrier population.

[T-R-F]
Banned
677 posts
22,660 battles

I also hope that BBrats are prepared for a nerf to their AA so CV can have an easier go. BB wasn't supposed to be a all in one class and CA was supposed to carry the AA load. Once every BB in game became a floating AA platform it certainly didn't help the carrier population.

I want BB lines to be histortic so certain BB's are have better AA then others, Iowa and Montana being clear in that. But the main AA is the CA's the issue is CV MM. T6 Cv shouldn't be in a T8 match

Beta Testers
562 posts
1,852 battles

erm... I'm pretty sure you misunderstood me. OP state out the armour nerf driven those b rushers to go for sniping instead,

That's mean the armour nerf effected them too also managed to discourage them from frenzy style like they always do.

My "reconsider" here mean DEVs better find a better way to fix the reverse sailing snipers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Says you. I rather enjoy the challenge of trying to hit someone at long range and the satisifaction of when I get a hit. That takes skill and practice, but any 5 year old can shoot another ship 6km away and think they are uber skilled

And wheres the fun though?

Sure, it takes skill to hit someone at those ranges, but all you're doing is puttering along in the back field, looking waaay in the distance, and clicking the mouse button when you have a target lined up....and then you wait for the shells to travel there...theres almost no risk...theres no heart pounding moment of realizing you could sink as well... you just sit in the back field away from the action and snipe...you don't push up, you don't drive into the caps, you don't get any closer than than your max range...

But with brawling, you're right up in their faces, you have to angle your ship the whole time, secondaries are blazing away, fires are breaking out, you can see all the little details on the other players ship, and then he turns just enough, and you dunk an entire salvo of AP into his side all the while cackling like a maniac as you sail past his slowing sinking wreckage on to the next target, and repeat it again, but this time he kills you but you still gave him a hell of a beating.

But it was all bloody worth it.

So yeah, go ahead and snipe from the back field all you want. But don't expect me to come running to help when a DD or a CV, or another BB slips past and start chasing after you. I'll be too busy having the time of my life and actually pushing the objective and using my armor and HP like I'm supposed to as a BB.

• Cool 6

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Not exactly true. Plenty of BB players must "like" that game play considering about 1/2 of them employ it each and every match. 

The "nerf" is War Gaming's first attempt at BB population control and from what I'm seeing here with all the "OMG I'm quitting BB if they implement this" the nerf might do what they want it to which is scare off a portion of the population. If enough don't go, more nerfs will come to try and lose more players. 

Thats going to drive most people away from the game, not away from the class.

See AW as an example of that. They nerfed MBTs into the ground, gave them all massive weakspots in the front that even most autocannons could pen for full damage, nerfed their turning and top speeds, nerfed their reload times, nerfed their acceleration, nerfed their view distance, and people started leaving in droves. (among many other reasons as well) How do I know that?

I was one of them.

People play BBs, because they enjoy BBs. They enjoy having the armor and HP to take hits, they enjoy being able to make massive damage against other ships, even given the reload of most standard BBs. Take those away, and people won't just switch to another class, they'll leave the game entirely because a lot of the time, they don't enjoy playing the other classes for whatever reason.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
371 posts
686 battles

Actually it's more luck that the dispersion factor didn't take the hit away from you, as it usually does.

Beta Testers
15 posts

What about the BB's that were AA platforms like Bismarck and Yamato? Historically they were armed to the teeth with AA guns.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Actually it's more luck that the dispersion factor didn't take the hit away from you, as it usually does.

Well yeah, crap you can do about that, you aim and pre fire best you can at those distances, but also use a ship with good disperion ratings like Montana or IJN classes, BB's are very hard to get even 1 shell to hit at 20km range, but I have done it

Beta Testers
371 posts
686 battles

Well yeah, crap you can do about that, you aim and pre fire best you can at those distances, but also use a ship with good disperion ratings like Montana or IJN classes, BB's are very hard to get even 1 shell to hit at 20km range, but I have done it

That's good to know, because I'm not real thrilled with the USN BB line at the moment, lol.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Why do so many people resort to partisan bull plop when commenting about nerfs? 

"BBabies" "BBrats" etc etc... seriously, is that necessary? Is that just how you see everyone that played a BB because you've been deleted by them too often? 

I main BBs because I like the methodical, forward thinking gameplay. I like having to plan my actions to compensate for slow traverse. I like having to make my shots count to compensate for long reloads. I like being able to hold a line with my armor... armor I'll now be missing an important part of. 

Furthermore, /some BBs are not brawlers/ and if you are playing them like a brawler you are /doing it wrong/. I get so tired of people insisting a BB is a brawler. Yes /some/ are, and others are a detriment to their team, feeding the enemy victory points by trying to be one. 

Should anyone be camping the back of the map? No. Not even carriers really. 

Are there lots of BBs, and even some cruisers, that belong in the back row of the /fleet/ as the force moves forward? Absolutely, and if you don't think that's where they belong then you don't know how to play those specific ships.