Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Błyskawica skill set for ranked/random

Blys skill set  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What skill combo is best

• AFT and DE
    • DE and CE
    • CE and AFT

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

So, now that my captain has 15 skills to play around with, I have some important decisions.  I enjoy gunboat style, so my decision making revolves around 3 skills: AFT, DE, and CE.  For obvious reasons I can't have all 3, but I can have 2 of the 3, and the boat seems to work well with any combination of the 2.  My questions is what skills would work best in competitive play, where small things would matter.

With AFT blys already has beefy invisifire envelope, so throwing DE in makes her gun spamming more efficient.  But you are missing out on having CE.  With CE and DE you have best of both worlds, but your invisifire window gets pretty narrow.  With CE and AFT you are missing out on improved fire chance...

Oh, and I do realize you CAN have all 3 with 19 skill captain but damn.  That is not going to happen any time soon.

Edited by Veksha

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I personally take BFT, EM, SE and CE because then you can brawl for caps and gun down BBs from stealth. Plus the health helps when someone pops radar on you.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

I suggest AFT as the most important skill. It really helps out survivalbility. Next you have to choose what you want to do. Lower detection for anti DD combat and sneaking around or DE for better fire chance for slightly better damage output. Also, by getting DE you have an extra point to play with as opposed to CE. 

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,143 battles

AFT is probably the way to go, but you don't want to be in the habit of staying super far back. You can brawl with another DD well enough regardless without DE. I would work on getting to 17 points so you can take this:

BFT, EM, LS, Vig, AFT, CE

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

AFT DE until I can get all 3 on a 19 point captain. Just 9.8M xp to go!

Also ranked is only tier8 this season, which is annoying because when it was 7-8 two seasons ago my blysk took me to rank 1.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

AFT DE until I can get all 3 on a 19 point captain. Just 9.8M xp to go!

Also ranked is only tier8 this season, which is annoying because when it was 7-8 two seasons ago my blysk took me to rank 1.

Wait, where did you get the "ranked is only tier8 this season" info?  Because if this is the case, I need to focus on my Lo Yang captain that I left on 13 skill points while focusing on Blys...
Edited by Veksha

Members
652 posts

Allow me;)

Ranked and random have different requirements and therefore there are 3 different setups that are most efficient (2 for random depending on your play style)

1. "Brawling" gunboat for random - AFT + DE, extra pt to [edited](Basic of Survivability)

2. "Stealth" DD for random - AFT + CE (DE instead of AFT if you're evil)

3. "Survivor" DD for ranked - SE (Survivability Expert) + CE. But better to have 18 pt for ranked... helps to get to R1 ;)

Disclaimer: I used 3rd setup with 18 pt captain to get to R1. Before ranked my Blys had 15pt captain which was in 1st setup.

Members
553 posts
8,586 battles

I personally use 

BFT

LS

Vigilance

SE

DE

EM

And the last 2 for the -10% torpedo reload.

18 point captain

Weird setup, but I love it.

As for the tier 8 only in ranked, it should be in the News and Announcements 

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

As for the tier 8 only in ranked, it should be in the News and Announcements 

Perhaps, but I could not find it?

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,939 posts
27,744 battles

I have taken AFT off of all my DDs in favor of DE cause fire burns and hitting Ships other than BBs at long range just doesn't produce enough Dmg for me. Most engagements these days seem to be with other DDs which means they are close in so no need for extra range. Also I like to be within  torp range so with Blys this means 8k or less, with CE you can get down to 6.8k. I am having good success with Blys setting fires from inside smoke and torping when an opportunity presents itself.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

Thank you for this.  I will focus on getting CE on Lo Yang before season 5 starts, so the whole Blys topic is not valid for me at this point.  I will just drop back to brawling build with AFT+DE for randoms on Blys.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Wait, where did you get the "ranked is only tier8 this season" info?  Because if this is the case, I need to focus on my Lo Yang captain that I left on 13 skill points while focusing on Blys...

Been discussed for weeks....

[F11]
Members
1,010 posts
6,790 battles

Main function of the Blyska is to set fire on enemy ships. Advanced Firing Training (AFT) and Concealment Expert (CE) can both increase your stealth firing margin. They are doubling, even tripling the time you can stealth-fire, which is great.

Demolition Expert (DE) can't even double the fires you set.

Sign in to follow this