Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

What BBs are affected by the incoming nerf?

22 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,851 battles

Is there a list, or is it all? I don't know where to find this information. 

You try an internet search, and all that comes up is posts about it with no sources. 

I'm curious because if it is all BBs, some of them will turn into worthless ships(dunkerque). Since that's about all it has going for it. 

[DIEBL]
Alpha Tester
730 posts
4,941 battles

The armor thickness of standard tier VIII-X battleships was decreased. This allows players to penetrate these ships in their bows when using large-caliber AP shells. Their previous armor thickness values allowed players to turn their bows towards the enemy, especially in high tier battles, and minimize or even fully negate any damage by AP shells. This resulted in players deviating from the intended role of the ship class.

Not all of them. tier 8-10.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

Anything T8+, with the SPECULATION that Tirpitz stays as it is now since it's premium. 

The Germans (particularly Kürfurst) will be the least impacted as they have belt armor on the bow, which remains unchanged. 

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

All of them, to a greater (USN) or lesser (KM) degree. 

Not true!  The only ships affected are "standard" ships of Tier VIII - Tier X.  This information is in the release notes for the PT currently going on and posted here on the forum.

Members
331 posts
5,457 battles

All standard tech tree battleships from tier VIII - X

IJN: AmagiIzumoYamato

USN: North CarolinaIowaMontana

KM: BismarkFriedrich der GrosseGrosser Kurfurst

The only one that bothers me is the Amagi because she doesn't even have that much bow armor to begin with.

Edited by Samurai_TwoSeven
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

The one most effected by this is Yamato, as she will finally receive the treatment she's been dishing out to everyone else for the last year.

T8+ are the ships effected, Everything beneath that tier, already has that much or LESS bow armor than what the nerf is adjusting to.

The German lines will be the least effected of the bunch as they have belt armor along their bows.

Montana will be among the least effected, as when angled she's still quite formidable. (truly angled, not bow in no skill mode)
Iowa... Iowa is pants anyway, so it's just going to be slightly worse.

NC.. NC can do this thing called turning and wiggling, and still has an impressive bulkhead to prevent being citadeled through the front.

• Cool 1

[BTD]
1,253 posts
5,851 battles

Oh ok. I already avoid t8+ for the most part because the gameplay is quite stale. I can see this only making it worse. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

German BB' basically become shell sponges and no longer able to brawl worth a damn with this, leading BB players to snipe at long ranges which the german BB's suck at so we will see a surge in Jap and American BB's on outskirts of map.  Iowa becomes essentially worthless as well. 

Edited by Cpt_Ice

Beta Testers
251 posts
6,367 battles

Is there a list, or is it all? I don't know where to find this information. 

You try an internet search, and all that comes up is posts about it with no sources. 

I'm curious because if it is all BBs, some of them will turn into worthless ships(dunkerque). Since that's about all it has going for it. 

First of all its Tier 8 to T 10, Dunkererque is T6 and to add another one on top of it it says" regular ships" so we suspect the Tirpitz being premium might dodge the bullet on that one but its still speculation since in public test you can try out the premiums (which is a tad stupid if you ask me).

Your dunkerque should still be able to troll everybody :trollface:

• Cool 1

[BTD]
1,253 posts
5,851 battles

First of all its Tier 8 to T 10, Dunkererque is T6 and to add another one on top of it it says" regular ships" so we suspect the Tirpitz being premium might dodge the bullet on that one but its still speculation since in public test you can try out the premiums (which is a tad stupid if you ask me).

Your dunkerque should still be able to troll everybody :trollface:

Yea, i was worried because it's the sole reason why I bought that ship, for bow tanking. If that got nerfed I'd have 0 reasons to play it. 

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Frankly I think this is a stupid response. The game was allowing a valid tactic of charging an opponent in order to mitigate oncoming shots and it was balanced since it was effective for everyone. Now this is going to cause BB's to camp in the back, cruisers are going to refuse to go forward since they will become the targets which can;t absorb shots and DD's will have less support. As it is we already had enough BB's that camp, now every BB player will have to play more conservatively in order to maintain their health. Congrats WG, you turned WoWS into Campfest 2016 and made game play even more boring. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Yea, i was worried because it's the sole reason why I bought that ship, for bow tanking. If that got nerfed I'd have 0 reasons to play it. 

WG has gone back on their words and nerfed several premiums the past year, so it is very possible they will do no different to the Tirpitz

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,159 battles

From what I have heard, a lot of testers aren't happy with it. Idk if this one will actually come through as is or see a slight reduction to the overall nerf.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

From what I have heard, a lot of testers aren't happy with it. Idk if this one will actually come through as is or see a slight reduction to the overall nerf.

Its not looking good, which I KNEW was going to be the case. WG is beyond clueless

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

German BB' basically become shell sponges and no longer able to brawl worth a damn with this, leading BB players to snipe at long ranges which the german BB's suck at so we will see a surge in Jap and American BB's on outskirts of map.

No, the Germans actually become the only viable line with this.  FDG and Grosser Kurfurst both have over half of their bows plated with 60-79mm of armor, which will bounce even Yamato shells.  Not to mention that they're almost impossible to citadel while every other battleship will now be eating 2 or 3 through the front.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Amagi is already delicate.....:(

Yeah so in a practical way it does not bother the Amagi at all. The main question is not really which ones are effected but rather which one will have to change their current play style. The big victims in this are Iowa, NC and Yamato, to some degree Izumo as well. Germans not really much change for them play style wise. For the Montana it is basically a game play benefit.

Edited by paradat

[SIM]
Members
1,745 posts
Only the upper tiers to be affected if any. There will be more BBs in the back and i will be one of them using my longer range to shoot at things.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

No, the Germans actually become the only viable line with this.  FDG and Grosser Kurfurst both have over half of their bows plated with 60-79mm of armor, which will bounce even Yamato shells.  Not to mention that they're almost impossible to citadel while every other battleship will now be eating 2 or 3 through the front.

I haven't played with them yet and all I heard from peeps that they were "subpar" compared to Iowa and Yamoto, so I guess that changes with this patch. I almost have Tier9, whatever the hell that was is called, horrid naming scheme by Germans
Edited by Cpt_Ice

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I haven't played with them yet and all I heard from peeps that they were "subpar" compared to Iowa and Yamoto, so I guess that changes with this patch. I almost have Tier9, whatever the hell that was is called, horrid naming scheme by Germans

Whoever told you that is stupid.  All of them get the absurd 10.6km secondary range, stupidly-thick armor, decent AA (better than the Japanese, not too far behind the Americans), and hydro with a 3-4km torpedo spotting distance and 5-6km ship spotting distance.  What sucks about them is their maneuverability.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Whoever told you that is stupid.  All of them get the absurd 10.6km secondary range, stupidly-thick armor, decent AA (better than the Japanese, not too far behind the Americans), and hydro with a 3-4km torpedo spotting distance and 5-6km ship spotting distance.  What sucks about them is their maneuverability.

I'd have to find links but the intial impression was that they basically suck and are very prone to plunging fire and don't have good side belt armor or something to that effect. 

Sign in to follow this