Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Commonwealth Tech Tree

29 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Hello Captains,

As we have all speculated for some time, the 0.5.12 Public Test has revealed that there will indeed be a Commonwealth tech tree added to the game:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/21/public-test-0-5-12-0-sorter-commonwealth/

Let the speculation begin on what ships will be added to it in the future.  Either way, I think this is a good move which will allow for a lot more nations to be represented, but without the mess of having a one-ship tech tree for each of them.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

I think this is probably going to be a lot like the Pan-Asia and Polish Trees. A few premiums from Aus, NZ, Canada and maybe even India but I don't see them making full lines as it would be just copy/paste british ships for the most part during this timeframe.

One word though - HMCS Haida (well more than 1, but you get my point)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,280 battles

Not suprised bcuz I saw the CW name in the coding file area back then around 2-3 patches ago. :tea_cap: So its no news to me but for others, yes and no. :yes_cap:

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Hello Captains,

As we have all speculated for some time, the 0.5.12 Public Test has revealed that there will indeed be a Commonwealth tech tree added to the game:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/21/public-test-0-5-12-0-sorter-commonwealth/

Let the speculation begin on what ships will be added to it in the future.  Either way, I think this is a good move which will allow for a lot more nations to be represented, but without the mess of having a one-ship tech tree for each of them.

Yay!

I hope the HMCS Haida gets added as a tech tree ship. (maybe i'm hoping for too much, i guess WG needs to make some money off of it by selling it as a premium)

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Yay!

I hope the HMCS Haida gets added as a tech tree ship. (maybe i'm hoping for too much, i guess WG needs to make some money off of it by selling it as a premium)

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the entire tree will be gapped with premiums.  I wouldn't expect it to be a filled out tree by any stretch.
  • Cool 1

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Cool idea. Like seeing the new ships and the different nations represented. Need a couple Iraqi Boston Whaler gunboats! (Sarcasm there)

Members
382 posts
3,471 battles

If that is true why doesn't it show on the NA Public Test, I just checked there is no other probable tech line other than the RN line which reads soon?

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

The more the merrier. Not personally that excited about common wealth ships, but still love to see more diversity in general. 

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Fingers crossed for HMAS Australia! Probably T4 battlecruiser.

As a fan of cruisers, I'm hoping to see the County-class version of Australia.

It will also be interesting to see if Blyskawica gets transferred over to this tree, as the Polish tree is currently not available due to her being taken off sale.

Members
1,343 posts
3,378 battles

As a fan of cruisers, I'm hoping to see the County-class version of Australia.

It will also be interesting to see if Blyskawica gets transferred over to this tree, as the Polish tree is currently not available due to her being taken off sale.

I would disagree. The more likely County-class that we will get for the RAN is HMAS Canberra.

Australia would be a great premium, predating the battlecruiser line.

[CRMSN]
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Suprised we haven't seen HMCS Ontario yet. Would make a nice tier 7- 8 premium. 

B7pko0H.jpg

Edited by Cobraclutch

Members
1,343 posts
3,378 battles

Snip

Snip

View Postdanredda1616, on 22 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

snip

Snip

Just so you guys all know, HMCS Haida is on WG's radar for the future. I got this answer in a Reddit QNA with a WG employee.

Q.) Any plans to add HMCS Haida as a premium ship? Given her service record with Blyskawica and the already hinted at Z-32 along with the fact that she is a museum ship would make a great premium addition. The Canadian fans would be quite happy. You could even make a "Naval Legends" episode on her!

A.) Not for this year but this one is starting to surpass the cries for Kitakami and Enterprise. It's on our radar as a community request.

RIP Enterprise and Kitakami.

Edited by xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx

Members
1,343 posts
3,378 battles

Suprised we haven't seen HMCS Ontario yet. Would make a nice tier 7- 8 premium. 

I'd say Tier 7 easy. She has bad armor and a low amount of guns but decent speed. torpedoes, health and AA.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

/me hoping for the day I'll never had to play a tech tree ship again (besides khab and udaloi), because premiums will just...be better.

[CRMSN]
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

I'd say Tier 7 easy. She has bad armor and a low amount of guns but decent speed. torpedoes, health and AA.

can't wait. Here is hoping they introduce Haida and Ontario :) 
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Haida has already been confirmed as already on the list.

As much as id like to think "Its on our radar" as confirmed, it is not yet "confirmed" 

But if we use common sense, it is. Or else they would be losing out on a lot of money :D 

[USD]
[USD]
Members
19 posts
12,362 battles

Technically Canada could form a full DD line (with some unique changes) as it used a mix of British and American designs throughout the years the game covers - modified Clemsons, Wickes, Tribal, A, C and others. I'm sure someone could easily build a full workable tree of "clones" in game or similar enough.

Alongside the much awaited Haida, give us the HMCS Ontario as mentioned (Minotaur class) and HMCS Uganda (Crown class). Heck even give them unique abilities for Canadian flavour since they would be clones of the british line.

I'll just say right now even though Canada had CVs no way we could be seeing any Ruler class ships before CVs are reworked. 

[RS]
Members
378 posts
22,723 battles

I wish I would have taken a screen shot but two weeks ago there was  cruiser in the game called the BELFAST. Haven't seen once since. Anyone else see it?

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

That's great! No more Captains to Nowhere! It's always a tough pill to swallow when you have to train up a Captain on a Premium, to only ever play him on that Premium. 

Sign in to follow this