You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LWtheFish

Co-Op Bots

16 comments in this topic

[FLW]
Members
164 posts
22,547 battles

Has anyone notice that in the beta that the co-op bot have got way more aggressive and smarter. I'll give you and example of a recent battle. There were 3 ally  DD's T8  starting to cap a flag when in comes one bot DD firing we lay smoke, as this is happening the second DD bot enters. Oh for got we're in the Russian DD's 3 salvo's each the 2 bot DD are about 20 ft apart and 60 yards away when we all fire everything. As you can imagine it was torp's wide and far chris crossing there path. This is where it gets amazing. They dodged everyone of them and most if not all the fire we threw at them, came into our smoke and killed all three of us in less than I'm say 45 seconds it seemed. Wasn't the first hard core bots I've met the last few days. But I'll say this if were going to have to play them. WOW need to up the point factor a lot. to make up for expense.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

The higher the tier they better they are . Just hope you do not get a CV as the A.I. ones are real good .

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

... but... bots don't dodge...

hmm....yes they do, and they are getting better at it, granted they don't always make their dodge count, but in time....scary

[WFR]
Beta Testers
252 posts
4,353 battles

I just always feel bad for the new players in DD's, playing Co-op.  They would be better in random since once spotted in Co-op, the bots focus fire.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Offensive smoke is very powerful in coop as the bots will not shoot/torp what they cannot see.

Basically, as a DD, do everything you can to not be spotted.

Beyond that, the bots seem to have an uncanny ability to "pre-dodge" torps. I see them starting turns when I pull up the targeting reticle. Best to fire one at their position and another where you think they'll turn. You could hold a spread but they seem to dodge the first, then dodge the later second spread.

Tirpitz is the worst bot to face in higher tiers. If your friendly Tirp derps, you're in for a hard fight.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

I just always feel bad for the new players in DD's, playing Co-op.  They would be better in random since once spotted in Co-op, the bots focus fire.

You noticed that also, thought I was imagining it. I had a couple of beers by then though.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Yeah, playin this PTS vs the AI, makin me really think they should increase the pay for PVE by 50%.  THe AI been handing players their asses.  Ive been the last one alone against 2-3 AI ships in several battles now. 

I lost 2 of them, but won one in the NC just a little while ago.  North Carolina, dayum, thats a nice ship.

Edited by KnightFandragon

[FLW]
Members
164 posts
22,547 battles

15 times 3 make 45 torps they dodge from us it was scary, and at close range. Was't the first battle like that happened in my New Orleanes and New Mex to. Normaly I kicking their buts.

[CO-OP]
Members
31 posts
42,254 battles

I play a lot of COOP game(play for the fun of playing not for my ego) . Tier VI and above do get hard with one shot kills from bots. But it add some enjoyment into the game then just killing bots. Bots sometime get to much of advantage and walk all over you.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5 posts
8,803 battles

This actually surprised me yesterday - The bots teamed up on my DD in a coordinated fashion.  I engaged a DD with CA following it - I ducked behind an island and the DD showed up behind me and the CA showed up in front of me - Both were very aggressive.  

Overall I think this is beneficial and will assist me with getting better.  Normally, i only use Co-op for my stock boats.

Members
21 posts

While the bots are better than before, they are easy to bait and draw off from what the main focus should be, to win. Once I noticed they went after DD;s first it was easy to help my team win. If in a DD rush in, lay smoke spread a few torps and run away from your team and the capture points, Did that a few times and had most of the bots chasing me down to a map edge. The team then caps or picks off the chasers from behind one by one