You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BURN_Miner

Call me when CV week is over pls

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Don't get me wrong please, I love having CV's in the game. I love it when people play them, are learning them, etc.. However, the last couple of days it seems (just personal experience which doesn't equate to much), that either CV's have been afk and entire match (more so than normal), parking squads of planes (fighters, bombers or torps over friendlies or in grids and then afking)  or even suiciding entire squads of planes. Why would I suspect a suicide of a squad? A few times now I've seen what appears to be a slow load of a CV, most start getting itchy and say the guys afk - I tend to think most are slow loads, then the CV loads in, launches his planes through  the middle of the map and parks them. Doesn't designate a target, doesn't split them, doesn't do anything with them. Enemy CV either comes up "strafe" or enemy ships come up and "nom nom nom", planes gone.

Now, this is also coupled with what has to be the most I have heard "Go to A" on the map Trap in months. I am not exaggerating in the least. In the last few days, I have only heard a call to C twice with every other time someone calling a hard press to A. If you don't abide, you get berated. Now on a rare occasion, I will bite at "A", but the ship layout on my team has to be right and the ship I am in has to be right and one that make make a quick exit. This is all probably a coincidence I know, but I certainly am starting to track the tin-foil stock, I see it is up a few points from a week ago. Coincidence? I think not! Seriously I googled the Nasdaq foil prices... lol They are back up from last week...

Anyway, ya a bit of a light hearted rant, but seriously, more calls to A in the last week than in months and a big time CV afk/suicidal plane issue with the event.

I don't play CV's so that may be why I am noticing it. Were there this many issues with BB's/CA's during their respective events?

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Feel free to bring me along to reduce CV potatoes on your team, one of the reasons I decided to go play CVs. :P

I swear some CV players are worse than bots.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Don't get me wrong please, I love having CV's in the game. I love it when people play them, are learning them, etc.. However, the last couple of days it seems (just personal experience which doesn't equate to much), that either CV's have been afk and entire match (more so than normal), parking squads of planes (fighters, bombers or torps over friendlies or in grids and then afking)  or even suiciding entire squads of planes. Why would I suspect a suicide of a squad? A few times now I've seen what appears to be a slow load of a CV, most start getting itchy and say the guys afk - I tend to think most are slow loads, then the CV loads in, launches his planes through  the middle of the map and parks them. Doesn't designate a target, doesn't split them, doesn't do anything with them. Enemy CV either comes up "strafe" or enemy ships come up and "nom nom nom", planes gone.

Now, this is also coupled with what has to be the most I have heard "Go to A" on the map Trap in months. I am not exaggerating in the least. In the last few days, I have only heard a call to C twice with every other time someone calling a hard press to A. If you don't abide, you get berated. Now on a rare occasion, I will bite at "A", but the ship layout on my team has to be right and the ship I am in has to be right and one that make make a quick exit. This is all probably a coincidence I know, but I certainly am starting to track the tin-foil stock, I see it is up a few points from a week ago. Coincidence? I think not! Seriously I googled the Nasdaq foil prices... lol They are back up from last week...

Anyway, ya a bit of a light hearted rant, but seriously, more calls to A in the last week than in months and a big time CV afk/suicidal plane issue with the event.

I don't play CV's so that may be why I am noticing it. Were there this many issues with BB's/CA's during their respective events?

I can't comment much on the CVs, but I can on Trap.

Recently, since the meta has become so hard to push to C on Trap, I've found it beneficial to go to A. Or at least, I had, until other people started discovering it too. I played a not inconsiderable number of games where me and a few other ships pushed to A, completely unchallenged, then steamroll through be, and be perfectly on the flank of the enemy team, which leads to a lot of broadside shots. 

In the last few weeks, though, I've noticed that more and more, both teams are pushing A as hard as C, and makes for, occasionally, a very lopsided fight at one or the other.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Four CVs in a match is [edited]stupid, regardless of tier...

I'm on the fence about that statement, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with it. If only 2 were ever allowed in any match- then MM should never have an issue guaranteeing that A: you don't get stuck with a complete knob that lets the enemy CVs gang up on you because they don't have the foresight to predict they'll be next and B: you will always be vs a CV of the same nation- and badah bing badah boom 80% of the balance issues they have disappear instantly.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

I can't comment much on the CVs, but I can on Trap.

Recently, since the meta has become so hard to push to C on Trap, I've found it beneficial to go to A. Or at least, I had, until other people started discovering it too. I played a not inconsiderable number of games where me and a few other ships pushed to A, completely unchallenged, then steamroll through be, and be perfectly on the flank of the enemy team, which leads to a lot of broadside shots. 

In the last few weeks, though, I've noticed that more and more, both teams are pushing A as hard as C, and makes for, occasionally, a very lopsided fight at one or the other.

Oh I can back that. A DD and then peel, or even a DD with a CA or two, perhaps even a "close" BB (IE a BB that spawned darn near at A). lol But I quite literally am referring to being berated for not going to "A" from the other side of the map. I spawned just south of C in a BB... This has happened more than once and not only to me, but have seen it in chat to others. I can only think it's apart of that cycle that happens or at least I hope it is and hope it passes quickly.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

+1.

2 CV's per side at any tier is absurd. Even more so when you see the number of matches with no CV....Why would you ever need to throw 2 per side in, unless you think it's somehow funny?

I sat in queue for over 2 mins the other night, cause it appeared to be waiting for enough carriers to troll the next group....(Got 2 per side of course)

Edited by awiggin

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

+1.

2 CV's per side at any tier is absurd. Even more so when you see the number of matches with no CV....Why would you ever need to throw 2 per side in, unless you think it's somehow funny?

I sat in queue for over 2 mins the other night, cause it appeared to be waiting for enough carriers to troll the next group....(Got 2 per side of course)

fVSe4GR.gif

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
184 posts
8,928 battles

Some of you should be thankful the skies aren't covered in the planes of 4 Hakus then :p

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Some of you should be thankful the skies aren't covered in the planes of 4 Hakus then :p

been there done that, it was [edited]terrible. High tiers w/four CVs is barely playable, the game runs like crap...

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

CV players dont enjoy the fact that they get thrown into those 2v2s either.

also if its a "CV week" why do we need to let you know when it ends... you already know it lasts a week.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

also if its a "CV week" why do we need to let you know when it ends... you already know it lasts a week.

I know it lasts a week, does everyone? That doesn't mean the proverbial wave will be over. :P For example, how many "Dragon Flag" posts were there despite the Front Page New Article, Client article (when it was there) and obvious news post about them? So... Ya. There's that. But you specifically, didn't need to do anything. Didn't even need to click the topic tbh. lol

And like I said, it was meant as a light hearted rant.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

wait till people get spotting mechanic XP. You will have YOLO scouts just like WOT. You think people YOLO now? You think CV's YOLO their planes now? Wait till people get more XP for YOLO. Yes, carrier players are hit or miss completely right now even at higher tiers. I can't explain why really. But i agree with you completely about the phenomena. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

wait till people get spotting mechanic XP. You will have YOLO scouts just like WOT. You think people YOLO now? You think CV's YOLO their planes now? Wait till people get more XP for YOLO. Yes, carrier players are hit or miss completely right now even at higher tiers. I can't explain why really. But i agree with you completely about the phenomena. 

::sigh::

yup.

Hopefully at some point WG will figure out this isn't WoT.

Hopefully...

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

​Depends. I had one of the best 2v2 CV matches yesterday. Was a Tier 6/7 match. Myself and my CV m8 got 1st and 3rd spots in the team and carried the game. Of course, more often than not, one ends up being on the "other" crap team that runs AS and has no clue what they are doing and end up losing the game for their team since they cant deal damage and they don't prevent enemy strike CVs from dealing dmg.

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

I'm surprised there aren't Saipan seal clubbers out using their flags to take advantage of this week.

not all saipans are seal clubers. Watched a saipan skipper this morning using auto drop while trying to kill the minekaze capping out our base. We lost that match because of it. 

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

Agreed completely. Having to deal with extra useless weight 90 percent of the time is annoying.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

Agreed completely. Having to deal with extra useless weight 90 percent of the time is annoying.

i wish we could have been on the same team in our saipans =[ 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

i wish we could have been on the same team in our saipans =[ 

While i appreciate the sentiment. Two good CV players on one team is too overpowered in its current format. Its also why i said 90 percent. In the other rare times that the friendly CV is competent, we proceed to smash through the game like bulls in a glass shop. What usually happens is that CV drivers on my team would struggle to get water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel. Its painful to play with and against. It drags me into 2v1 games where I often have to do the job of 2 CVs a tier lower because the higher tier one fails to breath properly.