You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RobotDCLXVI

Welp guys, it was a fun ride

40 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
1,658 battles

Thanks to all you forum posters that helped me out in this game. You were immensely helpful in my enjoyment of the game. I just can't play this unbalanced mess of a game. I no longer get enjoyment out of playing. CVs are unusable to me because of the horrid interface. As an old school RTS player I cannot but deride an interface that makes it so easy to deselect the units you are trying to control. Mainly, though, I just can't stand that cruisers are useless and DDs keep getting nerfed. Might as well call this World of Battleships. If that was my cup of tea I might be having fun, but being detected in a cruiser before any enemy BB ever get detected so they can all have shells in the air before I even spot one is so [edited]stupid. And as a DD main, constant nerfs to DDs have run their course. I hope you all get many hours of fun from this game. Call me if devs ever learn a thing called balance. Even just a semblance. (I could have made a pun there)

• Cool 2

Members
184 posts
2,853 battles

Agree about the cruisers. I am constantly going "Huh? Detected already?" Even when there's no DDs in the match. And if cruisers blew up that easily in real life there would never have been any cruisers. They only way to survive in one is to not get into any fights..in which case we might as well be harvesting tomatoes in Farmville.

• Cool 2

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

Dude... 

Even a shrub like me can see you charged up the tiers without really spending much time learning the game. My recommendation is to go back a few tiers- like tier 3- and get more comfortable with the mechanics. You're about at the time I got frustrated too and couldn't say a single good thing about the game other than it reminded me of when I used to play with my model ships in the bathtub. 

Take a deep breath and walk off the edge... start back up at a lower tier and work it a bit. Don't be in a hurry to get past tier 4 at this point. Tier 5 is a nightmare. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Later.  Door, split, etc.

You people with the Supertester brand should be held accountable to a higher level than what you are exhibiting.  OP has come on here and in a nice way expressed why it is that he is leaving, he did not come on here as others have done flinging tons of profanity and insults at everything that moves, your remarks towards him are just rude.  Instead of being rude and obstinate, why not offer him some advice that may entice him to stick around, every player this game can retain is beneficial to all.

• Cool 12

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Also, "Constant nerfs to DDs"

Lemme check your stats. 

Hmm. Highest tier ship is Mutsuki, which has always been in a bad place, because it's simply not a good ship. I don't think the Mutsuki has ever been nerfed. 

Also, you have more games in cruisers than destroyers. Not sure that makes you a destroyer main. I also see that you heavily favour the Japanese ships. Maybe try a different playstyle if they're not working for you? 

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

If they keep this up a lot more people such as myself will slowly follow his path and play less , and I have ( 7) tier (10s) and 130 ships I and over 7,000 battles it's starting to get stale with all theses Un-needed changes switching Japanese destroyers tiers and battleship armor , the tier ones (1) use to be fun once they took away the AP rounds and now only small groups in tier (1)  battles and only against other tier (1s) took the fun out of that tier also the  waiting time for tier ones are longer like WOWPs  the fun is lost the tier 2 DDs lost its enjoyment since they don't see tier one's anymore  The tier (4) don't see tier (5) the tier (5) BBs lost it lust being a punching bag  tier (6 and tier 7) took the fun away from playing tier (5) Battleships . The high tier ships are too expensive to play and you do not get back or make enough credits to compensate your losses so yeah the fun is slowly being strangled  away   . I don't play tier 1 and tier 2 DDs anymore or the tier 3,4s anymore forget about the tier (5) BBs that's out and the High tiers are just too expensive . So yeah it's slowly pushing me away from this game. now its just a matter of time, Left WOTS have over 250 tanks there have not touched it and WOWPs have over 125 plane and left that game collecting dust due to a low population problem.  So WOWs should be concerned about losing it's real alright  !!!   

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

7000 battles and you're complaining about tier 1s? Guess what, those changes weren't made with you in mind. 

Members
3,929 posts
20,944 battles

You people

Instead of being rude and obstinate, why not offer him some advice that may entice him to stick around

Here's some advice for you op. Relax and have some pudding.

SanUCQC.jpg

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

7000 battles and you're complaining about tier 1s? Guess what, those changes weren't made with you in mind. 

​Hey yo yo  sometimes you go there to have a little fun from those higher tier ships since these changes I now go to steam and enjoy their games , so much for supporting WOWs and watching it shrink instead of growing  Yo yo....  

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

T5 through 8 is fairly balanced, well populated and a good deal of fun in my book.

If the rest of the game were balanced like those tiers we would have a pretty polished game.

As for CVs, sick of hearing it. The ’diet starcraft' experiment has failed. Get rid of them and balance what works.

Members
165 posts
6,559 battles

Yup, sad. Nerf BB's a bit, everyone loses their minds, nerf the cruisers and the DD's, no one really cares. Sad days.

what do you mean we dont care about cvs and dds. There was a whole page of complaints when Midway got nerfed, even the IJN DDs

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Also, "Constant nerfs to DDs"

Lemme check your stats. 

Hmm. Highest tier ship is Mutsuki, which has always been in a bad place, because it's simply not a good ship. I don't think the Mutsuki has ever been nerfed. 

Also, you have more games in cruisers than destroyers. Not sure that makes you a destroyer main. I also see that you heavily favour the Japanese ships. Maybe try a different playstyle if they're not working for you? 

Mutsuki has been nerfed actually, her torpedoes were made more visible many a patch ago.

Still, go, have fun, come back in 3 months just to see if balance changed though.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Mutsuki has been nerfed actually, her torpedoes were made more visible many a patch ago.

Still, go, have fun, come back in 3 months just to see if balance changed though.

Must have been an incredibly long time ago. I can't find any mention of a change to torpedo detection on the Mutsuki, and the only other mentions are when she got her 360 degree turrets and armor refreshed, along with a buff from way back in 0.4.1. Link to when this occurred?

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Dear OP

I understand completely and posted my own, "I'm out of here" post about a week and a half ago. Since that time I have only played about 10 games to get the pirate flag. I have also posted just like you have about major balance issues in this game. What makes the balance issues even more upsetting is that this is an arena game, where balance must be had in order for the arena not to be completely broken. This is a closed system, not an open world. 

1. You can't pick your team

2. You can't pick the team makup

3. You can't choose the level of the match that you play (skill level)

4. You can't repair, or upgrade, or rearm in the match

5. You might be completely outclassed by tier and have no choice about it.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but most arena games allow for a lot of control of these major factor because they are so critical to balance. But not here. Wargaming has no concept at all of a balanced arena game. Instead, you could pay 75 dollars for a ship and have uttery horrible games because you cannot control anything about the matches that the game decides for you. Instead, you are just left completely frustrated that you ever bothered to get sucked into such a game in the first place.

Now the good news.

There are things you can do still to have fun in this game. You can PvE and because the bots are so horribly worthless in their AI and utterly predictable YOLO bots you can predict completely the events at hand and use that to your advantage. As well, you can play ultra low tier, tier 1 and 2, and still have decent fun against some unskilled players. There is also the option to not give a damn anymore about performance and just go in and smash face and get a few shots off and then leave battle and do it all over again. Forget the team, forget the win, just smash face until you die and repeat. At least that will use up your premium time some and not totally waste it on an arena game where you have absolutely no control of the level or abilities of players in the arena that you get placed in.

But certainly you have a ton of valid points. There is a reason why in the last year the average player numbers for this game was only 5k at peak time. Now, it's higher as some old hats have come back for German battleships and a lot of new people have joined because of new advertising. But make no mistake, pretty soon this game will be right back to the 5K peak average that it has always had since release. Why? well because its actually pretty impossible to make an arena game of navy ships and NOT have it be completely unbalanced unless almost every single ship is the same and only changed by the name and look. That is about what is happening now.

Pretty soon battleships will be armor nurfed

Pretty soon cruisers will get armor buffed, health buffed, or regen buffed, or all three.

Pretty soon stealth torping will be long forgotten. 

Pretty soon Manual trop drops from carriers will be gone too.

What we will all have in the end is this kind of game

Battleships will have more health and regen, but low damage output

Cruisers will have fast fire guns and DPS, but no health or stealth

Destroyer will have really fast fire guns, but poor damage output and stealth

Carriers will simply be a support for the other 3 ships.

In essence you will have the Tank Class (BB), DPS Class (CA), Stealth Guns Class (DD), and Support class (CV). And that is what this game is going to end up being because it is a small arena game and that is all it could have ever been. It will be more and more like WOT because it basically has to be. In the end people will realize once again that Wargaming really only made a marginally better World of Tanks game all over again. It is not a naval game, not at all. It's an arcade arena game with major balance issues stemming from an initial design phase of simulator style play. But yeah, op, you can still have fun, at least until it all just becomes truly Tanks, DPS, Stealth, and Support classes, all taking damage equally but just having different capabilities.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

You people with the Supertester brand should be held accountable to a higher level than what you are exhibiting.  OP has come on here and in a nice way expressed why it is that he is leaving, he did not come on here as others have done flinging tons of profanity and insults at everything that moves, your remarks towards him are just rude.  Instead of being rude and obstinate, why not offer him some advice that may entice him to stick around, every player this game can retain is beneficial to all.

Content Moderated By Njourour.

Edited by Njourour

Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

My recommendation is to go back a few tiers- like tier 3- and get more comfortable with the mechanics. You're about at the time I got frustrated too and couldn't say a single good thing about the game other than it reminded me of when I used to play with my model ships in the bathtub. 

Take a deep breath and walk off the edge... start back up at a lower tier and work it a bit. Don't be in a hurry to get past tier 4 at this point. Tier 5 is a nightmare. 

^^The truth. I felt nearly invincible in this game through tier 4. Then along came tier 5 and I felt like an idiot. I don't even want to tell you what tier 8-10 battles currently make me feel like. As already suggested, if you are willing try some low tier battles to refresh and possibly further your basic game mechanics, and work up more slowly. You'll know your ready for the next tier when start "being bored to a point where it feels like seal clubbing".  Sure, there's some weird stuff happening both above and below board in the game, but we can't control it. We can only make the best of it and move on. 

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Agree about the cruisers. I am constantly going "Huh? Detected already?" Even when there's no DDs in the match. And if cruisers blew up that easily in real life there would never have been any cruisers. They only way to survive in one is to not get into any fights..in which case we might as well be harvesting tomatoes in Farmville.

They did blow up this easily.

It's just that usually, cruisers were never put into a position where they had to fight big gun capital ships.

Battle of Savo Island, the IJN wiped the USN completely with multiple ships crippled/sunk after only a few hits and only an overly cautious IJN admiral prevented utter disaster for the Allies, this was mere cruiser vs cruiser action with guns that were of an 8" variety max. Imagine the carnage a 16" would have done? If PE had been hit by Hood's 15" at DS, it would have been over instantly. Just as if Norfolk had been hit by Bismarck, it would also have been instantly over.

Cruisers existed in real life because it was economically feasible to build cruisers. Battleships took massive resources and time to build, this is, and was, the only constraint on their production. Just going off tonnage alone, you could build at least 5 cruisers to each individual battleship.

Edited by reaper_swpz

Members
358 posts
11,949 battles

Hmm. 

What battleship has a 9.1km detection range? I know of none. 

I am not sure either but I am sure with Concealment Expert on some of the lower Tiers it could be possible.

Edited by NorthBayite