You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TetraethylLead

Mogami C Hull

19 comments in this topic

[WHARF]
Beta Testers
134 posts
22,280 battles

So, I've unlocked the C hull for the Mogami and I don't intend to keep her once I'm at the Ibuki, the issue is, I've finished the grind for a few ships and I'm in a bit of a credit crunch, is equipping the C hull worth it at all or should I just stick to the B hull and live with the marginally worse AA?

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

If you want the AA buff I don't see why you wouldn't. Depends on your priorities, want the best the ship has to offer or use your credits on something else?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I've never put the C hull on my Mogami. I don't really see it worth it for the whole...what, 4 AA rating? 2.1m credits is awful steep for that.

Members
195 posts
786 battles

If you want the AA buff I don't see why you wouldn't. Depends on your priorities, want the best the ship has to offer or use your credits on something else?

Nice signature, how did you get the background in, there is only light and dark for me.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Nice signature, how did you get the background in, there is only light and dark for me.

Thanks, I actually had to go make it myself there is no option to get it like this from the website.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

They say that the stock hull works better with the 155mm guns, otherwise the guns get a debuff with other hulls. I feel it's bad game design, but meh. Good thing I don't really play the Mogami, because we have the Atago...

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

They say that the stock hull works better with the 155mm guns, otherwise the guns get a debuff with other hulls. I feel it's bad game design, but meh. Good thing I don't really play the Mogami, because we have the Atago...

Who is "they" and what sort of debuff do you speak of? I run 155s on the B hull with no issue.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Uh the stock hull & upgraded hulls have the same stats for the 155 guns so if anything it's worse to run with stock.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Shouldn't have wasted credits on the B hull.  But since you did, just keep it and don't bother with the extra AA, it's meaningless.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Uh the stock hull & upgraded hulls have the same stats for the 155 guns so if anything it's worse to run with stock.

You increase your detectability from sea when firing the 155mm by 1.4km extra when using the C Hull.

http://i.imgur.com/qRJHVa2.png

In fact, without CE, you can already invisifire with a buffer of 500 meters (with camo). Granted, with CE it's higher still lol

More info can be found at:

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

I've never put the C hull on my Mogami. I don't really see it worth it for the whole...what, 4 AA rating? 2.1m credits is awful steep for that.

You do know those ratings aren't overly valuable right? the clemson only gets 1 extra artillery rating with it's gun upgrade even though it litterally doubles the number of guns you have by transforming them into double mounts. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Actually, iirc, since they nerfed CE and detection of main gun firing, the only way to fire the 155mm from undetectability, islands and smoke aside, is to use the stock hull.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Who is "they" and what sort of debuff do you speak of? I run 155s on the B hull with no issue.

I believe invaderzim has mentioned something about invisifire being better with the A hull.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I believe invaderzim has mentioned something about invisifire being better with the A hull.

Yep, the stock Mogami hull has a 5.5km instead of 6km detection penalty when firing the 155s for some reason.

Granted, the stock hull also has a 12 second rudder shift and (for anyone who isn't going back to it intentionally) is coupled with a 14.2km range.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

He has a recent 155 Mogami anti DD guide. Searched for it on the forums but the search tool is uselss. I belive it was titled something like "The Mogami is Amazing" 

I reequipped my Moagmi to the setup he suggested, while I only played about 3 games in it since then, they have been far more enjoyable, with the exception of being a giant floating citadel and being deleted the first time I was forced to turn with out an island to protect me:sceptic:

Run A hull with 155s and full concealment spec. Hunt DDs and light up BBs from 12KM+ without being spotted. Once you are spotted, get deleted by a single AP round hitting the back side of your ship and some how 100k damage or get trashed by a single HE volley from a BB for 25K and 19 fires.... :(....at least that is how it feels. I really am not the best CA player but I certainly enjoyed the play style he suggest a lot more than trying to toe in with the 203's and fight anything with an actual gun. 

Edited by vind21

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Can confirm stealth fire is possible from the stock hull. For whatever reason the after firing detection penalty is linked to the hull instead of the gun so if you use the B or C hull you get the 203 mm detection penalty after firing.

Edit: link to mentioned mogami article http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/87882-155-mogami-is-currently-excellent/

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yeah, the firing penalty isn't as high on the stock hull. But, I think I'd rather keep the hitpoints and rudder shift.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Interesting find, well think of it as a trade off for less protection if you get shot (& you will) for a slightly bigger stealth firing range.