You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zarroc1

Scharnhorst Returns?

9 comments in this topic

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
111 posts
8,912 battles

So I'm still fairly new to the game and working my way up the German BB line. Anyhow, I noticed now the Scharnhorst special is gone, it's unavailable in-game. Does anyone know if it will be back? Or does some time go by after the initial release for ships to be available for purchasing again? 

Just wondering since it looks like a fun ship, it's cheaper then Tirpitz, and I looking to get a German premium. 

Edited by Zarroc1

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,248 battles

It may or may not come back in the future. Nobody other than the marketing team knows an answer to this.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

If it does, it'll be a long time.

Members
195 posts
786 battles

If it does, it'll be a long time.

*6 months later*

Dev 1: Should we re-add Scharnhorst special?

Dev 2: nahhhh

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

*6 months later*

Dev 1: Should we re-add Scharnhorst special?

Dev 2: nahhhh

The scharnhorst was very positively receive, I have no doubts that they will add it back to the shop in a few months (maybe as a Christmas special, you know, gotta milk that money somehow) and of course it will eventually end up on the tech tree as the demand for it grows more and more...I can confidently bet money on it taking the EXACT same route as the tirpitz did- "rare" ship hits premium shop, WG says they won't release it again for a long time, the re-release it 2 1/2 months later, several months after that, they add it to the tech tree to be bought at any time...

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

The scharnhorst was very positively receive, I have no doubts that they will add it back to the shop in a few months (maybe as a Christmas special, you know, gotta milk that money somehow) and of course it will eventually end up on the tech tree as the demand for it grows more and more...I can confidently bet money on it taking the EXACT same route as the tirpitz did- "rare" ship hits premium shop, WG says they won't release it again for a long time, the re-release it 2 1/2 months later, several months after that, they add it to the tech tree to be bought at any time...

I hope it'll be cheaper for Christmas/Black Friday.  I wasn't as interested in the ship since it was 40$ and coming about at the same time as the Dunkerque and the German line.  But it the ship does sound like the a ship I would enjoy a lot, so after I'm done with the Gneisenau, it would be a ship I'd seriously think about getting.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles

No telling when Scharnhorst will return.  Tirpitz came out a few months after the game launched, then went away, didn't even come back for Christmas holidays.  Didn't come back until just a few months ago.

Also, you can't quite go by what other servers are doing with ship availability because it's different.  Not even new ship releases come out at the same time.  Tirpitz disappeared for NA server for ages but was accessible to EU server for a long, long time (possibly always had been since her initial shop entry?).

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

I saw some notes saying it was supposed to return in the tech tree with 0.5.12, but apparently this was not the case (and I was really sad when I saw it wasn't there).

https://thedailybounce.net/2016/09/27/world-of-warships-update-0-5-12-release-date-patch-notes/

New Premium Ships Added to Tech Trees

Two new Premium ships, Scharnhorst and Dunkerque, have been added to the Tech Trees and are available to purchase for Doubloons.

Alas apparently this is not to be, at least on the NA server :(

WG apparently does not want my money XD