You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xPapa_Smurfx

5 matches tonight, 5 potato teams

11 comments in this topic

Members
306 posts
4,777 battles

Yep, I'm complaining about it again.  The stupid is so hot it burns.  Complete blow outs in less than 10 minutes, and all the enemy team did was sail in complete straight lines and shoot.  Absolutely no strategy except come straight at the cap areas and stop in the middle of them.  My team dies, or my team hides and loses at zero points because no one caps anything.  Frustrating and boring, and yes I'm going to say it again.  The only way to fix this is for MM to mix up previous winners with previous losers so that long losing streaks are more likely to end.  It's not hard, just do it.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

*checked username, left thread*

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Yep, I'm complaining about it again.  The stupid is so hot it burns.  Complete blow outs in less than 10 minutes, and all the enemy team did was sail in complete straight lines and shoot.  Absolutely no strategy except come straight at the cap areas and stop in the middle of them.  My team dies, or my team hides and loses at zero points because no one caps anything.  Frustrating and boring, and yes I'm going to say it again.  The only way to fix this is for MM to mix up previous winners with previous losers so that long losing streaks are more likely to end.  It's not hard, just do it.

Feel your pain being so much better and smarter than everyone else. Bet you probably look better and make more money too..

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,582 battles

That was me last night, 4 straight losses, 2 of them complete blow outs. Switch over to Coop, blow up some bots. it will make you feel better.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Why would winners want to play with losers?

Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

Admittedly the MM is a bit wonky. For a short time I was taking screenshots of match-ups and doing some research after battles. I noticed a clear trend that once the MM had an acceptable ship type match up determined, the players chosen to fill those spots were not selected randomly. However, it was tedious work and I realized the time would be far better spent on the more fun activity of battling as well as trying to improve my gameplay rather than worry about things I can't control. In trying to earn that custom pirate flag through the mission offered the other day it took 15 matches before I got my first PvP win. It took 23 matches to get 3 wins. I had a couple of purely awful games, a bunch of average ones and quite a few good to great performances. 

I'm currently frustrated at a insanely disturbing statistic that may happen to make you, OP,  or others with similar frustrations feel a least a little better. Between accounts on the live server and PTs I've been in maybe 600 or more PvP battles, most of which were when sailing tier 5-8 ships. In the 86 games I did more than 62k in damage my teams have only been victorious 4 times. My win rate is only 4.5% in my best performances. My average XP earned in these particular losses are around 1100, greatly dampened each time by the fact the matches were defeats. When I did less than 62k damage? Closer to 50% win rate. What in the sam frank fork freak frank fork freak heck is up with that? That defies both logic and statistics. I don't know how. I don't know why. I've gotten to the point where I am not worried about it anymore except for one aspect. I understand that damage alone does not necessarily directly correlate to XP and that other factors play into it, but I constantly see on YouTube and in the forum people having similar performances that clear upwards of 8K in XP. Now, I don't need nor expect that in every match I do good or great in, but I sure as %$#@ would like to see rewards like those a lot more than just 4 out of 86 times.  I know that doing a lot of damage does not automatically translate to wins, and sometimes it suggests you may be on a team consisting of many weaker players. However, logic dictates that my win rate in those performances should still be a heck of a lot closer to 50%. When away from my computer it consumes and infuriates me to a point where I suspect I may succumb to spontaneous combustion. When I click the battle button, though, I kick it to the curb and listen to the advice of that Disney movie song: I let it go. I become focused on trying to improve and git gud regardless of whatever the game throws at me even if I perceive it as being overwhelmingly unfair.

I do find it interesting that some of the best players whose stats I studied when I was new to the game (I wanted to know whose gameplay suggestions on the forum I should listen to an whose to disregard) have win rates that have mostly dropped somewhat if not significantly. Obviously, that means that other players win rates went up. A lot of the players listed on WarshipsToday as the top players on each server have had significant win rate drops, yet not many new names appear on the list as having moved up in the win rate ratings. But why? I don't know. It's nothing I can control, so it's nothing I should worry about.

I say all of the above to this end: At some point a player has to look at the WoWS icon on their computer and either click on it or not. If they click on it, they need to focus on what they can control- constantly learning and improving their skills and gameplay. In doing so, bigger and better results await. There is no doubt in my mind. Worrying about why something is or isn't, seemingly constant superior enemy teams, horrible allied teams, RNG, MM, bad luck, torp soup, my ship needs a buff, game quirks, ships "blinking" in and out of view, the enemy's ship needs a nerf, silly bots, invincible bots, hacks, mods, toxic chat, allied damage, dispersion, pesky barely visible islands, TKs, etc. is all pointless and counter productive. Sure, when away from the game a player can curse and blame and justify whatever floats their boat as well as try to reason what actually could be or should be. Fire up the game right now, and go kick some enemy fleet's %$#. If they kick yours, learn, adapt, overcome, and then click "BATTLE" again so you can kick their butts in the next game. It's the circle of life, so says Sir Elton John, so it must be true.

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero
  • Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

i know the feeling...

All the carrying in the world and yet still can't get a semi-decent team.

Edited by aAkula