Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

So close to Bayern; In a good way.

16 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

So; just how close CAN someone get to earning/grinding out their Bayern?

ONE point... Over...

7upXJz.jpg

Generally a T5 battle (Domination,) on Strait, (which I still hate as a CV driver, but not so much any more when using guns.)

Significant bits?

The poor, poor Karl; just reached 'safety' behind that rock at the SW corner of B cap when my shot came in and he just blew up, (Dev-Strike, First Blood.)  I don't know if I citadeled him to death or not, but with SIX  AP hits, he may have just died. (I have so been there... One shotted at the start of a game.. Having that happen always sucks...)

The Clemson was at over 10k and close to maximum range, 15-ticks on the reticle, HE to finish it off. (Most definitely NOT a Hail Mary shot. I've learned quite well when a long-range shot against a DD is worth the effort, and have had LOTS of practice taking such shots.)

WATCH THE MINI-MAP. That is something which CAN NOT be repeated enough.

Knowing where I was; knowing where my teammates and the enemy are. or might be; helps me make decisions...

Like taking two caps in Battleship.

Our Minekaze and the Kirov capped later in the game, but C was the first cap after we lost three of our DDs trying to take A. (Kirov eventually took A, Minekaze B; we lost B again to an enemy Minekaze, but he ran away instead of trying to work my Konig over from stealth, so I was able to take B back.)

Here's the results.

NiiefS.jpg

RsAzLh.jpg

GUE3sm.jpg

So...

Now begins the grind to upgrade my Bayern... (Yes; I could free xp it; but I've NEVER truly ground a line before, and I swore I would do so with the German BBs.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SCCC]
Members
715 posts
22,157 battles

Now begins the grind to upgrade my Bayern... (Yes; I could free xp it; but I've NEVER truly ground a line before, and I swore I would do so with the German BBs.)

Unless u love to the kaiser which i hated you will love it, or hate it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

So; just how close CAN someone get to earning/grinding out their Bayern?

ONE point... Over...

7upXJz.jpg

Generally a T5 battle (Domination,) on Strait, (which I still hate as a CV driver, but not so much any more when using guns.)

Significant bits?

The poor, poor Karl; just reached 'safety' behind that rock at the SW corner of B cap when my shot came in and he just blew up, (Dev-Strike, First Blood.)  I don't know if I citadeled him to death or not, but with SIX  AP hits, he may have just died. (I have so been there... One shotted at the start of a game.. Having that happen always sucks...)

The Clemson was at over 10k and close to maximum range, 15-ticks on the reticle, HE to finish it off. (Most definitely NOT a Hail Mary shot. I've learned quite well when a long-range shot against a DD is worth the effort, and have had LOTS of practice taking such shots.)

WATCH THE MINI-MAP. That is something which CAN NOT be repeated enough.

Knowing where I was; knowing where my teammates and the enemy are. or might be; helps me make decisions...

Like taking two caps in Battleship.

Our Minekaze and the Kirov capped later in the game, but C was the first cap after we lost three of our DDs trying to take A. (Kirov eventually took A, Minekaze B; we lost B again to an enemy Minekaze, but he ran away instead of trying to work my Konig over from stealth, so I was able to take B back.)

Here's the results.

NiiefS.jpg

RsAzLh.jpg

GUE3sm.jpg

So...

Worth every minute of it....I'm on the Gneis but have kept the Konig and Bayern, they are just too much fun. Currently training a new Captain in it, but it doesn't seem to matter....:teethhappy:

iXX4y7X.jpg

GkTgIfH.jpg

Edited by awiggin

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Bayern was fun to brawl with, but the light shells meant it wouldn't pen sometimes. Really makes you go "wow" when you get to the gneis, but a fun ship none the less

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Bayern is love at first sail. IMHO best tier 6 BB in the game.

• Cool 1

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

I'm about halfway to mine. Sitting at ~20k exp on König right now. Great BB so far, much better than the Kaiser was, in my opinion. Still not much of a fan of the 12in rifles, so I'm looking forward to the 15" guns of the Bayern.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Gonna tell you this straight up. I've been getting ready for ranked season 5. Tier 6 and Tier 8 ships. I'm a bb guy. They Bayern is a bad [edited]ship when used right with the right upgrades. I highly recommend it. She's tough and takes on tier 7 in the right hands. Good luck

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I'm about halfway to mine. Sitting at ~20k exp on König right now. Great BB so far, much better than the Kaiser was, in my opinion. Still not much of a fan of the 12in rifles, so I'm looking forward to the 15" guns of the Bayern.

People seem overly concerned about the rifle size, it makes NO difference as far as I can see...

iXX4y7X.jpg

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Bayern is love at first sail. IMHO best tier 6 BB in the game.

next to the FUSO..... of course

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Congratulations on acquiring the master brawling ship, may your secondaries always be loaded and ready for any unaware DD that crosses your path. I'm sure you won't regret your decision of playing her and here is a bit of what you can expect:

1. Unreal protection.

edbocda.gif

2. Resolution of practical problems.

3.Excitement!!!

WiNYTQH.jpg

4. It looks tiny and cute even while attacking stuff.

pAGLF30.gif

Bayern is probably the ship I enjoy to play the most, even more now that the Minekaze is getting buried and the T5 cruisers that I like only get T7 matches.

• Cool 1

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

People seem overly concerned about the rifle size, it makes NO difference as far as I can see...

iXX4y7X.jpg

Eh, I can't seem to put up consistently high damage numbers with the 12" rifles. I wasn't very comfortable in Wyoming either, but I absolutely loved the NY and really enjoy the Texas.

My average is only 56k in König, and while I've had a number of high damage games, I've yet to get over 99k in it. I suppose part of it is the learning curve, since German BBs play somewhat differently than the other BB lines, but I've noticed that I consistently score middle of the pack with German BBs, whereas I'll be closer to the top in others.

On the other hand, it might just be a string of poor games. I've been seeing a lot of unorthodox strategies being used by the green team lately. For instance, tonight I had a game on Fault Line where the entire team went B/C. We won, somehow, but it could have very easily gone south as the enemy team capped A and B rather quickly, and had no opposition to slow down their advance through A.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Eh, I can't seem to put up consistently high damage numbers with the 12" rifles. I wasn't very comfortable in Wyoming either, but I absolutely loved the NY and really enjoy the Texas.

My average is only 56k in König, and while I've had a number of high damage games, I've yet to get over 99k in it. I suppose part of it is the learning curve, since German BBs play somewhat differently than the other BB lines, but I've noticed that I consistently score middle of the pack with German BBs, whereas I'll be closer to the top in others.

On the other hand, it might just be a string of poor games. I've been seeing a lot of unorthodox strategies being used by the green team lately. For instance, tonight I had a game on Fault Line where the entire team went B/C. We won, somehow, but it could have very easily gone south as the enemy team capped A and B rather quickly, and had no opposition to slow down their advance through A.

Well, not saying it can't be inconsistent, but as I get a feel for the guns, it seems to be getting better. That battle was more a potato fest than anything else, The enemy didn't seem to care about me, even after I deleted a cruiser and a BB. 

I'm by no means a high quality player, maybe slightly better than average, but the German BB's just seem to fit me....But then I prefer the brawl, so that has something to do with it. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

4. It looks tiny and cute even while attacking stuff.

pAGLF30.gif

Bayern is probably the ship I enjoy to play the most, even more now that the Minekaze is getting buried and the T5 cruisers that I like only get T7 matches.

Thanks;

...and a +1 for you Sr; for having a Tsukimi-Io (Place to Place) animated gif!

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

Well, not saying it can't be inconsistent, but as I get a feel for the guns, it seems to be getting better. That battle was more a potato fest than anything else, The enemy didn't seem to care about me, even after I deleted a cruiser and a BB. 

I'm by no means a high quality player, maybe slightly better than average, but the German BB's just seem to fit me....But then I prefer the brawl, so that has something to do with it. 

They are indeed inconsistent, it seems. However, I will say that the König's guns feel much better than Kaiser's. Though, this is likely due to the better dispersion at similar ranges and the accuracy module that König has access to but Kaiser does not.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

They are indeed inconsistent, it seems. However, I will say that the König's guns feel much better than Kaiser's. Though, this is likely due to the better dispersion at similar ranges and the accuracy module that König has access to but Kaiser does not.

2ndary build all the way, I don't use the ACC mod on the Konig or Bayern.

Sign in to follow this