Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
orangeandblue

To Tirpitz or not to Tirpitz?

24 comments in this topic

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles

I have the $54 for the Tirpitz. I already own the Scharnhorst and I'm grinding away at the German BB line currently on the Bayern. So quick question is should I pick up the Tirpitz? I guess I'm having trouble deciding because the Scharnhorst is good enough for captain training and can make decent credits. I'm pretty sure the Tirpitz is probably a better trainer and makes more credits, but it will see tier 10's, so....just kind of undecided. Constructive input? :)

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Tirpitz is good, but if you will get to Bismarck, I question the need for it. I have both (+Scharnhorst), and they are great, but personally I prefer Atago as a T8 Premium. You can't go wrong with either. YMMV

• Cool 1

[AARG]
Beta Testers
533 posts
10,229 battles

I you are enjoying the German BB line, then by all means pick her up.  She has a bit less AA and Secondaries than Bismarck, but she has torps and prints Reichmarks like crazy. 

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

If there is ever an option to torpitz. You torpitz.

• Cool 2

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

To be honest if you enjoy the sharn dont get the tirp. at this point its redundant. Just get the Bismarck and call it a day. The only real difference is BIsmarck IIRC has better AA but no torps.  You have the sharn for captain training and credit grinding so the tirp becomes a redundancy in your port. I personally would wait for a premium ship form a different nation you would enjoy.  Tirp isnt bad and im not trying to tell you not too, im just giving my opinion. Tirps does in fact print credits and is hella fun. But i wouldnt want to own a tirp and a sharn. as such i do not own the sharn.

• Cool 1

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

The Bismark is a battleship. The Tirpitz is not. It's a credit printing machine made in Germany that just looks like a battleship.

The credit printing power alone is more than enough reason to get it. I got mine through a twitch give away. It was the give away that keeps on giving...and giving...and giving. :coin:

I for one would love to own both the Tirpitz and Sharn. The guns aren't as underpowered as some would have you believe.

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 1

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
412 posts
8,554 battles

Always to Tirpitz. I once did 196K damage in her, and she has paid for herself in terms of credit/free XP earnings and fun.

That said, I'd just go Bismark and have the Scharn as your premium KM BB if the price is too high for your wallet to handle.

Edited by LegoGenius16
  • Cool 1

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Tirpitz isn't like Scharnhorst.  If you want something different and at Tier 8, i'd say do it.  Just be aware of two problems with her:  Weak Vertical armor so longer-range fire will hurt it badly even without citadels, and poor AA so you're going to be every CV player's exp farm.  

That being said, the torps are pretty situational.  If you intend to get Bismarck to play for fun at T8, grind and get her instead.  Scharnhorst should already meet your credit intake needs.

• Cool 1

Members
310 posts
2,647 battles

Love my Tirp. She likes to be played the way I like to play. When the chips are down abd the moment is right she will walk through and batter everything shes up against and go down fighting 90% of the time lol

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

I have the $54 for the Tirpitz. I already own the Scharnhorst and I'm grinding away at the German BB line currently on the Bayern. So quick question is should I pick up the Tirpitz? I guess I'm having trouble deciding because the Scharnhorst is good enough for captain training and can make decent credits. I'm pretty sure the Tirpitz is probably a better trainer and makes more credits, but it will see tier 10's, so....just kind of undecided. Constructive input? :)

​Terrible ship , do yourself a favor don't get it  your money.... 

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

Do you say that because you camp with it?

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Stating an opinion as fact which is against the accepted standard without anything to back it up is idiotic. 

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

I have the $54 for the Tirpitz. I already own the Scharnhorst and I'm grinding away at the German BB line currently on the Bayern. So quick question is should I pick up the Tirpitz?...

If you like the German line of ships, buy it.

If you are a "collector" of historical ships, buy it.

I own Tirpitz & Scharnhorst and have also added the German BB line up to and including Gneisenau (heading to Bismarck) and out of all of them I lean heavily to Tirpitz as a favourite.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
153 posts
7,170 battles

Tirpitz is probably my favorite ship so I am biased but yes... Tirpitz! It is much more consistent than Scharnhorst IMO but I like them both. An easy way to figure it out would be to just grab your Bismarck and if you like her you'll like Tirpitz. It's Bismarck with shorter secondaries and torpedoes. It is easier to carry in Tirpitz too because the guns can compete head on with other BBs where Scharnhorst can run into problems which is why I say it is more reliable as a trainer and for credits. Sometimes it sucks when you are Scharnhorst and its you and an enemy Nagato or Colorado on the enemy team and y'all are the only tier 7s in a tier 7 match. You might not need to fear those 16 inch guns but if you don't deal with them, your team may pay the price and Scharnhorst guns need to get close a lot of times for that gladiator fight.

[SUR-2]
[SUR-2]
Members
201 posts
9,159 battles

Just wait for the next patch.

If the bow nerf is implemented, I will suggest try the Bismarck first, If you feel ok, go for Tirpitz.

Beta Testers
197 posts
1,666 battles

Tirpitz is worth it, it's my go-to ship for credit printing and captain XP.   I've got both it and Scharn (as well as Gneis and Bismarck), and I always go for the Tirp when I'm looking for a quick fight for loads of cash.

Members
124 posts
6,720 battles

Yes tirp for the love of all things good tirp the ship prints reiksmarks like nothing I've used, I have the scharn and the tirp and I'm working on my Bismarck but as they have said it's different then the scharn. If you like battleships especially German battleships I highly recommend her, her torps make her a nightmare at close range and her 15" guns preform surprisingly well at t8.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Unless you truly wanna feel screwed over when WG nerfs a $60 ship because "they can" despite what they said earlier about leaving premiums alone, don't give them any money, give them the penniless finger

Beta Testers
251 posts
6,367 battles

I own both Tirpitz and Shanhorst and i will say beware.

Tirpitz is a great ship but gameplay wise you have to be careful. Yes the torpedoes and can inflict a "critical existence failure" on your target but like the Sharn they only have 6k range and pretty much everybody runs away from the Tirp these days.

Noe the secondaries; they have very fast firing rate but the range is so short... Sharn is doing much better in that department is its 1 tier below...

Finally there is the black could hanging over the T8+ BB bow armor nerf, there is a chance the Tirp might dodge it because of its premium status but to buy him i would wait confirmation on that first.

Tirpitz is a great ship and a tough nut to crack at that but at the moment i have the feeling the Sharnhorst is pretty doing everything he does but a tad better with the addition of preferential match making to it.

if the Tirp gets that secondary normalization on secondary range and indeed dodge that bow armor nerf then yes go for it.

Edited by Bacl

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Only other thing I will add is the Tirpitz would be great for ranked play (once you hit the T8 ranks). You will amass an insane amount of credits.

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

because its a tier 8 and ranks and teams and soon clan wars.

they will all have tier limits. and in a t8 bracket. it defiantly can hold its weight and more against any other t8 ship. and come out the winner.

free sister ship is a little beefier. but not enough to lose out on a trainer and a money maker.

so i rate it a buy.

Sign in to follow this