Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Please do something for the cows, would you?

13 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

/rant

It's only Wednesday so this does not bode well for the weekend. Two games in a row - not a staggering quantity I know - but two in a row had the biggest group of cows I think I've ever encountered in this game. Feel free to call me out on this but I simply do not know where these people come from! 

If anyone thinks losing in a T7 - T9 match is fun game play, that pulling a one-eighty, full speed away from the cap and the enemy is fun, you have a very limited concept of the match/game we play. Your concept of fun? Watching team mates die while you run? I dunno... But listen - this is not an infinite ocean. The map has borders. You can not run away forever. You will be cornered with a very high probability of your being eliminated from the game by becoming a digital casualty. All Alone. Maybe the words "You Died A Coward" should be splashed on the screen instead of "You failed to prove yourself" in such circumstances, eh? 

Once in a great while I'll be the ship which gets cross-dropped by a high tier carrier which is then followed by a DB run against me. Shoot this happened in the last week. I died within the first minute, maybe even the first 30 seconds. I was on my way towards the enemy, not behind the lines, not running away and no, I wasn't playing destroyer in my Genisenau. 

But these matches today... two red ships against a force of four or five green (2 BB, 2 cruisers, 1 DD) against a BB and cruiser. Shots are fired, Four of the five turn and run. Nothing left to do but fight, so I did until I died. It really gets old seeing people on the team with greater firepower turning and running away from the fight. 

Something needs to be done. Some type of re-education classes or ???? The good players are really getting good these days (I don't count myself among them) but the bad players and the number of bad players seems to be skyrocketing. 

I dunno.. it just grates on my spirit to see so many cows driving ships. 

/rant. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

/rant

It's only Wednesday so this does not bode well for the weekend. Two games in a row - not a staggering quantity I know - but two in a row had the biggest group of cows I think I've ever encountered in this game. Feel free to call me out on this but I simply do not know where these people come from! 

If anyone thinks losing in a T7 - T9 match is fun game play, that pulling a one-eighty, full speed away from the cap and the enemy is fun, you have a very limited concept of the match/game we play. Your concept of fun? Watching team mates die while you run? I dunno... But listen - this is not an infinite ocean. The map has borders. You can not run away forever. You will be cornered with a very high probability of your being eliminated from the game by becoming a digital casualty. All Alone. Maybe the words "You Died A Coward" should be splashed on the screen instead of "You failed to prove yourself" in such circumstances, eh? 

Once in a great while I'll be the ship which gets cross-dropped by a high tier carrier which is then followed by a DB run against me. Shoot this happened in the last week. I died within the first minute, maybe even the first 30 seconds. I was on my way towards the enemy, not behind the lines, not running away and no, I wasn't playing destroyer in my Genisenau. 

But these matches today... two red ships against a force of four or five green (2 BB, 2 cruisers, 1 DD) against a BB and cruiser. Shots are fired, Four of the five turn and run. Nothing left to do but fight, so I did until I died. It really gets old seeing people on the team with greater firepower turning and running away from the fight. 

Something needs to be done. Some type of re-education classes or ???? The good players are really getting good these days (I don't count myself among them) but the bad players and the number of bad players seems to be skyrocketing. 

I dunno.. it just grates on my spirit to see so many cows driving ships. 

/rant. 

Not going to  change....

WG went for maximum diversity, this is the result. 70% of the player base plays casually, and will never read the forums, or learn anything about the game other than what they have too...

Unless they create an actual Team mode that works, learn to embrace your doom.....:teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Not-winning can be just as fun as winning if not more. It's just about the fight itself. If it's a bunch of people running to their deaths. It's not fun. If it's a bunch of people running off into the corner of the map. It's not fun.

Something needs to be done to fix people's refusal to participate- or flush them out of the game.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Not-winning can be just as fun as winning if not more. It's just about the fight itself. If it's a bunch of people running to their deaths. It's not fun. If it's a bunch of people running off into the corner of the map. It's not fun.

Something needs to be done to fix people's refusal to participate- or flush them out of the game.

You'd want to lose half the player base? Queues won't be much fun at that point. :trollface:

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

You'd want to lose half the player base? Queues won't be much fun at that point. :trollface:

If it happens from them fixing the game, sure. The new players will actually flood in then. I don't think you, or others, or even WG understands just how many players they drive away because there are so many community-based issues in the game.

Hint: More than league of legends.

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

WG has already started collecting data on how "useful" an individual is to their teams' mission with spotting, tanking, capping, defending, damage done, and damage avoidance.  

It's not that much of a step to have "brackets" for random matches where people that fall below a threshold (decided by whatever) will only fight people below that threshold.  Split the good from the needs improvement and allow them to only play in their own bracket.  Once your'e good enough to be good, you get to play other good players to get even better.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

If it happens from them fixing the game, sure. The new players will actually flood in then. I don't think you, or others, or even WG understands just how many players they drive away because there are so many community-based issues in the game.

Hint: More than league of legends.

I think you vastly over estimate the number of hard core players that will play a game like this. You think losing a bunch of players would have a positive effect? 

It would be the same story as any other game, players look at the numbers, see a huge drop, figure the game is going south.....doesn't work out as planned...

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

I think you vastly over estimate the number of hard core players that will play a game like this. You think losing a bunch of players would have a positive effect? 

It would be the same story as any other game, players look at the numbers, see a huge drop, figure the game is going south.....doesn't work out as planned...

"Getting players to not sit on the edge of the map doing nothing all game makes the game too hardcore." -awiggin
Edited by Stratego89

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

I'm trying to improve, and think I play a lot, but still consider myself to be a casual player. Maybe because I've pretty much abandoned participation in high-tier games? (Tier 8-10.)

It's not a matter of expense, I just don't find it to be any fun... Odd; in some respects... My first ever game in Gearing, as I worked to get a minimum of five games played before parking the ship; was actually a decent, nail-biter of a game.

As to people who run away; there have been time were I see all hell of fried potatoes breaking lose, and just decide 'I'm not gonna' get sunk for this bunch,' and just run away. Sometimes I get cornered and killed, sometimes I survive. There have also been a few times I've said (rude word)-it! and have charged to my doom. I think those have been games that were actually good fights, and not some pile of refuse and stupidity/bad luck where one or two enemy ships got sunk in exchange for almost my entire team.

Members
1,776 posts
6,776 battles

I think the problem is that WarGaming is trying to make this game playable for, easily said, 2 groups of people. Those who play for fun and those who want to play competitive. 

They are now trying it by changing the armour. I think they should focus on clans a lot more, or at least a way that people who want to play competitive can lose their egg every weekend, so that they can enjoy the potato matches.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I had a T4-5 match on Strait today, where the enemy team literally just abandoned the cap and went through the back passage to the other side. Never seen anything like that. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

It would probably be easier (and more profitable) to just let entropy weed out the players who want to participate......

Members
270 posts

Agree. Very frustrating when no team players are in the game. Happens a lot! Maybe a new group needs to emerge and players are graded on their performance and communication as a tem rather than as individuals. Awards are given for team play.

Sign in to follow this