You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Khab TS vs Khab PS

65 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles

So, I have been playing the Khabarovsk on the Test Server and then switching to the Public Server.  It looks like the Khab has a nerf coming in the way of its guns.  They seem to do less damage in the TS.  Now I know its a test, but it could be an indication on what is to become of the Khab in the near future.

Would appreciate any feedback from others on what they have seen.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles
  • Decreased firing ranges of Soviet Destroyers Udaloi and Khabarovsk, and increased their loading time.

From the patch notes.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

They announced in the Public test notes that they where nerfing the Khab and Udaloi guns range wise . Do not know if that would lead to less damage directly ; but I would give it as a good guess . Then of course ninja'd by Nuk shows that the reload time would be a big reason for less damage .

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

4 seconds reloads with BFT vs 3.6 seconds before.  Plus 13.5km range with AFT vs 15.6km range before.  It's the range that will hurt most I feel.  Thankfully Udaloi range is the same (12.1 base) as it is on the live server.  I can live with .5seconds more reload.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

pretty much being nerf'd into the ground.  :P   yet no Salt about it.   

That's because not only it doesn't qualify as "into the ground", but it's probably not even enough to get Khaba out of "stupidly OP" category. We're talking about what - half a second longer reload an ~2km range drop while still well within its invisi-fire window?

[4HIRE]
Members
221 posts
18,544 battles

Well within the invisibility fire window? I'm guessing you don't have a Khab...

Edited by SgtMajorBuzz

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles

That's because not only it doesn't qualify as "into the ground", but it's probably not even enough to get Khaba out of "stupidly OP" category. We're talking about what - half a second longer reload an ~2km range drop while still well within its invisi-fire window?

Just got my butt handed to me in a gun fight with a Shima (I have to admit, I am not a very good gunner/DD driver).  I think its a hell of a nerf.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Well within the invisibility fire window? I'm guessing you don't have a Khab...

Yeah, you're right, I miscalculated. Khaba gets to 8km detection and has 6km firing penalty, correct?

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

That is going to sting it facing larger ships.  I think it should have been one or the other, both nerfs may have gone too far. 

Non VMF DDs seem to have a hard time inflicting damage on it.  If I get busted by one in my Shima I might as well try to yolo torp it since my encounters with them result in mostly zero damage HE hits.  I need to spend some more time in the training room to see what is going on. 

I suspect its the 50mm armor panels on it.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Because they freakin' deserved it, they're both doing ~30% more damage than the USN or IJN destroyers in their respective tiers, on average. I think Khab is actually doing twice as much on average as Shimakaze, even? I can't look it up right now.

Also huge leads in winrate on both of them, IIRC.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 3

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Just got my butt handed to me in a gun fight with a Shima (I have to admit, I am not a very good gunner/DD driver).  I think its a hell of a nerf.

Uhm...sorry for being blunt, but if you lost a gun fight to a Shima while being in any non-IJN DD, then "not a very good gunner/DD driver" is an understatement of the year.

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

Can you give some more details about the fight.  I struggle getting any significant damage on Khaba in my Shima unless I'm hitting torps.

[BLNCE]
Beta Testers
150 posts
8,322 battles

4 seconds reloads with BFT vs 3.6 seconds before.  Plus 13.5km range with AFT vs 15.6km range before.  It's the range that will hurt most I feel.  Thankfully Udaloi range is the same (12.1 base) as it is on the live server.  I can live with .5seconds more reload.

Wow, all the way down to 13.5 km with AFT? And I just purchased the Khab the other night as my first T10...:(

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Yeah, you're right, I miscalculated. Khaba gets to 8km detection and has 6km firing penalty, correct?

9km detect (with module), and 6km penalty, yeah.  It gets a wee bit of stealthfiring at present.  Hilariously, now Tashkent will outrange Khab by a bit.

Wow, all the way down to 13.5 km with AFT? And I just purchased the Khab the other night as my first T10...:(

Well, you get a week or two of fun with it.  It's my only T10 as well. 
Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[B3ERS]
Beta Testers
813 posts
10,292 battles

How did you manage that? If you didnt get torped, then I am speechless at how a Shima gunned you down.

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

I know how that feels.  I had my shima for about a month before the torp nerfs started hitting.  Hang tough and try to work through it.

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

How did you manage that? If you didnt get torped, then I am speechless at how a Shima gunned you down.

Shima prolly got first strike with it's crazy HE alpha and disabled some guns/lit some fires.

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I played the Kebab on PT. Here are the stats:

Average damage of 49k (rounded down).

1.7 ships destroyed. 5.0 K/D

Potential damage (quantity tanked) of 238k.

73% main battery hit ratio.

70% survival rate.

49% contribution to capture.

Now... This is the first time Ive actually touched the Kebab so I cant say just how much this nerf changed the Kebab. I can say that this little ship is fast, accurate as hell, and tough to the point of being silly. Her ability to tank is enormous due to her speed and large health pool. Even battleship HE was rather comical. The only time I met a quick end was a detonation by a Des Moines. If you are losing fights against destroyers or battleships in this thing, you may want to rethink your perceived position on the totem pole. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

It sounds like they finally realized that Khab and Udaloi are CL not DD and applied nerfbat liberally.

Kind of depressing since they announce this like 3 days after I finished the long painful Trashkent grind.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Ofc not. because they're (slightly) OP. Now they just need to nerf the USN DDs and buff IJN DDs up to a respectable level again and we'll finally have some damn balance in that class of ship.

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

It sounds like they finally realized that Khab and Udaloi are CL not DD and applied nerfbat liberally.

Kind of depressing since they announce this like 3 days after I finished the long painful Trashkent grind.

Trust me, Udaloi is just fine with the nerf.  You only get an extra .5 seconds added to reload, nothing else changed.  I pulled an easy 85k game in one on the test server.  Khab on the other hand, yes, yes it got whomped by the bat.  It had it coming.
Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,653 battles

Uhm...sorry for being blunt, but if you lost a gun fight to a Shima while being in any non-IJN DD, then "not a very good gunner/DD driver" is an understatement of the year.

Indeed.

Khabarovsk on the live server will steamroll a Gearing at 2k range. Heck, I've faceroll'd a full health Gearing, half health Des Moines, and half health Ibuki in under 90 seconds before just with the guns.

People like me, who don't Chai snipe with the Khabarovsk won't be impacted too much by this as we won't miss the extra range that much. 

Udaloi range is fine but, like the Khabarovsk, needs a RoF nerf.

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

It's being nerfed precisely so it can't invisifire. 13.7 is the minimum detectability while firing.