Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Ice

Just watch as the WG Devs are "shocked & confused" when BB nerf doesn't work

85 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

I am going to laugh, and laugh and laugh when the WG devs are beyond confused and lost when they find their "balance" nerf to BB's armor completely makes people act 180 degress different then what they wanted if this ever hits live game. PT is already showing signs of BB' turning into complete campers far far away on the map, or not playing BB"s at all anymore and it becomes a DD and CA orgy in the middle with BB's making long range splashes

Its Further proof that WG's russian devs don't really give a DAMN of what of WE, the PLAYERS & CUSTOMERS want and HOW WE want to play. NO no, its all about what THEY want and and how the game SHOULD be played in their little narrow minded viewpoint

Edited by Cpt_Ice
  • Cool 8

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,725 posts
26,569 battles

k

Instead of just posting 'witty' point-and-laugh WG-bashing posts, how about coming up with viable alternative idea to the bow armor nerf? I mean, you're talking about what 'the player' wants, without saying what you want, like this guy. You know, being constructive.

• Cool 12

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

I think this will make BB's sit back even more since they took out any aggressive BB's players chances to contest points with a frontal angle. 

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

k

Instead of just posting 'witty' point-and-laugh WG-bashing posts, how about coming up with viable alternative idea to the bow armor nerf? I mean, you're talking about what 'the player' wants, without saying what you want.

Give more money out at higher tiers?

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

k

Instead of just posting 'witty' point-and-laugh WG-bashing posts, how about coming up with viable alternative idea to the bow armor nerf? I mean, you're talking about what 'the player' wants, without saying what you want.

1. Maintain current BB armor standards to allow BB's to "SURVIVE" longer in big firefights, which is what they are DESIGNED TO DO. Which will give people the option to push harder and closer inwards with BB's, rather then turning them into glass cannons

2. All DD's get their torpedo range increased by .5km and speed increase of 2 knots. All of them. Allow DD's to hunt EVERYTHING as they are DESIGNED to do! CA's and BB"s will have to learn to play more careful

3. Give CA's and DD"s increased HE damage output of around 5% and HP pool increase of 5%. This will help counter tough battleships and will make them think more of their gameplay and make cruiser more appealing. 

4. All CV's get one extra squadron of torpedo planes. Now CV's have more firepower to deal with ships. If that is too overkill,  give them extra set of bombers instead

Edited by Cpt_Ice
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,725 posts
26,569 battles

Give more money out at higher tiers?

Tests with a significant reduction in high tier repair costs have shown that that doesn't have much of an impact on the camping / sniping meta at high tiers.

1. Maintain current BB armor standards to allow BB's to "SURVIVE" longer in big firefights, which is what they are DESIGNED TO DO. Which will give people the option to push harder and closer inwards with BB's, rather then turning them into glass cannons

2. All DD's get their torpedo range increased by .5km. All of them. Allow DD's to hunt EVERYTHING as they are DESIGNED to do! CA's and BB"s will have to learn to play more careful

3. Give CA's and DD"s increased HE damage output of around 5%. This will help counter tough battleships and will make them think more of their gameplay and make cruiser more appealing. 

4. All CV's get one extra squadron of torpedo planes. Now CV's have more firepower to deal with ships.

Ok, I have to hand it to you. Some of those aren't bad.

I agree with your first point, for exactly that reason. If BBs are supposed to tank, let them tank. The person I linked in my original reply to this thread suggests a nerf to deck armor, which would encourage battleships to close in instead of sitting at range. I think that would work well with your suggestion and promote a more dynamic meta.

Second point, it's not torpedo range that is the issue with torpedoes, but a muddying of destroyer national identities. The USN destroyers have for a while now been better torpedo boats than the IJN ones, which were introduced into the game as torpedo boats to begin with. I'm not sure what adding half a km torpedo range to all destroyers would accomplish.

Your third point, I can see your argument, but I can only agree with the suggestion if it comes with a corresponding nerf to fire chance.  The reason HE spam is so effective now is because of the rampant fires, not the HE damage itself. Idea could have potential.

Your fourth point, I can only imagine how much that would make CVs overpowered. Yeah they need some work, some help to encourage people playing them, but I would suggest something more subtle instead of such a drastic change.

+1 in any case for offering a few suggestions with potential.

• Cool 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

k

Instead of just posting 'witty' point-and-laugh WG-bashing posts, how about coming up with viable alternative idea to the bow armor nerf? I mean, you're talking about what 'the player' wants, without saying what you want, like this guy. You know, being constructive.

I don't think there is one.

The fact is, you will never be able to force a player base to play the game the way you want. You might get a few people to buy in here and there, but overall, players are not going to change.

If they push hard enough, they'll simply start losing players, something we really don't need. 

Personally, I think they went for the maximum diversity without any thoughts on how to keep a large number of them happy all at the same time. 

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

2. All DD's get their torpedo range increased by .5km. All of them. Allow DD's to hunt EVERYTHING as they are DESIGNED to do! CA's and BB"s will have to learn to play more careful

3. Give CA's and DD"s increased HE damage output of around 5%. This will help counter tough battleships and will make them think more of their gameplay and make cruiser more appealing. 

4. All CV's get one extra squadron of torpedo planes. Now CV's have more firepower to deal with ships. 

​#3 Oh I think HE damage works well enough to burn things down already. That will probably get nerfed to soon...lets not make it happen even faster.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I can understand why the devs would keep this if all the feedback is just "This sucks" instead of an actual well-thought out, well written post.

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

Instead of just posting 'witty' point-and-laugh anti WG posts, how about coming up with viable alternative idea to the bow armor nerf?

WG wants BB's to be more aggressive and not sit back...then they nerf the only survivable brawling technique.

Step 1 - Put the BB's armor settings back the way they where

Step 2 - Work on more ballistic equations so that a bow facing BB isn't an auto bounce algorithm  

Step 3 - Tier the dispersion for the distance fired on a target MAX distance without a Spotter Plane should be horrid while close in engagements <7km would be brutal 

Step 4 - Profit 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,725 posts
26,569 battles

The fact is, you will never be able to force a player base to play the game the way you want.

Force, no. Encourage, yes. For example, this guy suggests something very simple, instead of nerfing bow plating armor, how about nerfing bow deck armor so that sitting at range invites overmatch damage that you can mitigate by closing in.
  • Cool 2

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,939 posts
27,754 battles

Tests with a significant reduction in high tier repair costs have shown that that doesn't have much of an impact on the camping / sniping meta at high tiers.

Agree  completely, reason why some BBs sit back and lob at long range is...well because they can. Give a player half decent accuracy and the ability to stand off out of range of most other ships and he will.

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

Tons of suggestion have been thrown in. The problem is we don't hear from WG whether or not these suggestions are feasible and why they aren't feasible. We never seem to see the full picture. At least that's how I see it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Force, no. Encourage, yes. For example, this guy suggests something very simple, instead of nerfing bow plating armor, how about nerfing bow deck armor so that sitting at range invites overmatch damage that you can mitigate by closing in.

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it will have the desired effect.

Look at the player base, most of them have no idea what's going on most of the time, they don't read the forums, and they are shocked when things change. 

What's the more likely outcome of such a nerf: That players will move in since they understand what's happening, or come to the forums, refuse to read anything or search and throw a fit since their favorite ship was nerfed? :teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,939 posts
27,754 battles

Now I know that virtually no one will appreciate this but...if you really want BBs to move up and get in the fight leave their armor alone and nerf range. We will then have to get closer to the action.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

Stationary (i.e. camping) ships should be easier to hit.  Reduce the dispersion and camo penalties on ships that fire on stationary and slow (1/4 speed) moving battleships.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

You've been on point with the good links today. Nice work.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Don't forget that they don't just want BB to be more aggressive, they want less BB in the game.

Looking at the high tier play rates makes it pretty clear why.  CV don't exist, CA and DD have the same number of games, then BB have ~30% more than either of them.  That's an unstable position with CA numbers going down and BB and DD numbers going up.  Nobody wants to see a 50/50 BB/DD split.  Not DD and not BB.

It reminds me in beta of how they talked about wanting to make DD the most powerful ships but the hardest to play, BB a little less powerful but easier to play and CA slightly less powerful and very easy to play.  Instead CA are the hardest class to do well in, BB the easiest and DD somewhere between.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

I am going to laugh, and laugh and laugh when the WG devs are beyond confused and lost when they find their "balance" nerf to BB's armor completely makes people act 180 degress different then what they wanted if this ever hits live game. PT is already showing signs of BB' turning into complete campers far far away on the map, or not playing BB"s at all anymore and it becomes a DD and CA orgy in the middle with BB's making long range splashes

Its Further proof that WG's russian devs don't really give a DAMN of what of WE, the PLAYERS & CUSTOMERS want and HOW WE want to play. NO no, its all about what THEY want and and how the game SHOULD be played in their little narrow minded viewpoint

Why do you care. You are just going to sail into the corner anyway.

Members
116 posts
4,555 battles

Increased HE chance Really? Battleships already are floating pieces of kindling with kerosene on top. Seen many smart CA captains burn battleships to the waterline because a battleship can not our run or evade this once it starts. So your advice is make people so miserable they won't play a BB at all. Yeah that's really going to balance the game. Some of the most prominent points in this game are the Battleships. A negative nerf will not promote aggressive game play when repair cost run so high that's a fact. The flood of battleships was brought about due to the release of the German Battleship line. We also had several premium battleships released in the last several months. When the new cruisers come out you'll see a sea of them as well. When they finally release the royal navy battleships you'll see a flood of them in the game. If any changes need to be made nerf wise it should be done several months down the road after all the new is off the German bb line. They should have focused on the economic reasons the whole meta evolved the way it did. Even their own videos told players to go bow on because it's the best tactic. Now yet hey wanna punish them for doing what they themselves brought about.   
Edited by Octavious_Lockawett

Members
1,360 posts

Now I know that virtually no one will appreciate this but...if you really want BBs to move up and get in the fight leave their armor alone and nerf range. We will then have to get closer to the action.

Cruiser and destroyer range will also have to be decreased. Especially cruisers

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,725 posts
26,569 battles

Increased HE fire chance Really?

Reading comprehension. He said HE damage, not fire damage or fire chance.

Sign in to follow this