Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Bow Armor Nerf = BB's on the Borders

10 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

WG is worried about 'bow on' issues; sniping while reversing etc. So they are testing the nerf to bow armor. 

If implemented it will result to BB's lurking even further from the battle, i.e. they will hide on the border edges.

BB's already display terrible habits:

1. Fire one volley and turn and run. (The smart guys just hit reverse, keeping their bow armor effective)

2. They avoid coming into range of more than one ship at a time, thus the long stand off play we see now. 

3. Very passive play, basically avoiding receiving damage while inflicting whatever damage happens to come to them.

BB's who try to play forward get this:

1. Focus Fire from multiple ships due to long range of BB mains.

2. No support from other BB's (see above)

3. Any support ships, such as DD's, will generally play closer to the BB and thus the small group gets decimated by Torps and Focus Fire

After the bow nerf, most of us who try to play forward in a BB aren't going to try...and will probably go play another ship...or worse, another game. 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

You'd think BBs would move forward to make better use of their armor. Furthering range is just going make them more susceptible to plunging fire and then make it next to impossible to do reliable damage.

• Cool 1

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

If this means that the potatoes in BBs will move on to other classes, that is great.

The BB population is big enough as it is and does not need to grow anymore.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

angling > bow aluminium foil plating always

BB players should have learned how to angle a long time ago.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

After the bow nerf, most of us who try to play forward in a BB aren't going to try...and will probably go play another ship...or worse, another game. 

Always charge forward! What, your BB is on fire and is slowly flooding? Forward! Cannons are inoperable? Ramming speed! Always be agressive, you only lose when you let the enemy scare you off.
  • Cool 1

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

WG is worried about 'bow on' issues; sniping while reversing etc. So they are testing the nerf to bow armor. 

If implemented it will result to BB's lurking even further from the battle, i.e. they will hide on the border edges.

BB's already display terrible habits:

1. Fire one volley and turn and run. (The smart guys just hit reverse, keeping their bow armor effective)

2. They avoid coming into range of more than one ship at a time, thus the long stand off play we see now. 

3. Very passive play, basically avoiding receiving damage while inflicting whatever damage happens to come to them.

BB's who try to play forward get this:

1. Focus Fire from multiple ships due to long range of BB mains.

2. No support from other BB's (see above)

3. Any support ships, such as DD's, will generally play closer to the BB and thus the small group gets decimated by Torps and Focus Fire

As a BB player, I try and get people to push with me, because what you describe as a terrible habit actually turns out to be a good way to play- instead of getting in between 1-2 battleships, 1-2 Destroyers and 1-3 cruisers and dying in less than 120 seconds due to a combination of Dot and alpha, more experience and cash are awarded when you pick them off one by one. It also gives you more chance of staying alive,which benefits the team by having more guns available in battle. 

After this patch, I doubt I will make ANY money because of the economy changes and how hard it is to get assistance in a push if you are not in a division or with a forum user. I am far too aggressive because I actively keep in secondary range and this is going to negatively impact me in a large way now

Angling doesn't do jack when 0 damage HE shells will set you on fire

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

As a BB player, I try and get people to push with me, because what you describe as a terrible habit actually turns out to be a good way to play- instead of getting in between 1-2 battleships, 1-2 Destroyers and 1-3 cruisers and dying in less than 120 seconds due to a combination of Dot and alpha, more experience and cash are awarded when you pick them off one by one. It also gives you more chance of staying alive,which benefits the team by having more guns available in battle. 

After this patch, I doubt I will make ANY money because of the economy changes and how hard it is to get assistance in a push if you are not in a division or with a forum user. I am far too aggressive because I actively keep in secondary range and this is going to negatively impact me in a large way now

Angling doesn't do jack when 0 damage HE shells will set you on fire

Learn to control and mitigate and who knows. maybe learn to work within a group to stop that HE spammer.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

You'll get penned through the bow anyways if you angle because overmatch mechanics.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Always charge forward! What, your BB is on fire and is slowly flooding? Forward! Cannons are inoperable? Ramming speed! Always be agressive, you only lose when you let the enemy scare you off.

I like your attitude. And your user pic. Re-chan for life.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles

You'd think BBs would move forward to make better use of their armor. Furthering range is just going make them more susceptible to plunging fire and then make it next to impossible to do reliable damage.

This, the bow armor change makes extreme range more dangerous than medium long to medium range.

Sign in to follow this