You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GX9900A

Question for Kiev captain.

14 comments in this topic

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

so i have recently gotten the Keiv, and i am definitely going to be keeping it, however i am wondering if it is worth it to get CE or is it better to get DE+basics of servivability?

since i am basically spotted forever and have gotten used to dodging and since this captain is not going to be going on further up the line i am debating weather i should just get DE for more fire chance or do you believe the CE is worth it on that ship? 

Thank You for your help.

Members
5,202 posts

No no no! 

Get DE and AFT for that thing. Stay at a minimum of 10km from the enemy and fire spam the hell out of enemy ships. 

CE and BoS are completely useless for the Kiev. 

If you're keeping your distance and changing speed/direction frequently you don't need to worry about return fire. If anything, that's part of your job. Any shots fired at you and shots not being fired at friendlies.

On more thing regarding CE. It's almost better to NOT take CE as a means to passively detect enemy DDs. If you get detected whilst not firing, you need to turn around. Especially if you suspect it's a USN DD. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

No no no! 

Get DE and AFT for that thing. Stay at a minimum of 10km from the enemy and fire spam the hell out of enemy ships. 

i already have BFT and AFT, so i had said BoS because i couldn't find anything else to do with he 15th point

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

as others said, CE is the most useless skill on Ru Dd's, since you're spotted most of the time. So what the point?. It better to get AFT and DE. Watch your enemy burns!!!!

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

i already have BFT and AFT, so i had said BoS because i couldn't find anything else to do with he 15th point

My 18 point Captain

BFT

Last Stand, (Incoming fire Alert and Expert Marksman)

Superintendent, (Vigilance and Basics of Survivalbility) 

AFT, DE 

Members
5,202 posts

I didn't say anything about BFT, that's a no brainer. You need to take DE and AFT, not BoS. 

Only if you get to 18 points should you consider Survivability Expert.

Edit: I kept reading "BoS" as "SE", my bad. With that said, I'd suggest keeping that skill point for later use.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

You save it. realistically you can get 18pts. If you decide to not get a level 5 skill, you can potentially get three level 4's. BoS is a waste.

Members
646 posts
4,235 battles

You save it. realistically you can get 18pts. If you decide to not get a level 5 skill, you can potentially get three level 4's. BoS is a waste.

Thats right . My 17 pt Kiev is just waiting a bit more to have DE+AFT+SE ..... Damn ... 

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

On a side note, manual secondaries would be hilarious. As a waste of skill points. 

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

7lynFlj.png

Happy with this setup.

If I wanted to change anything, I would change Vigilance to Superintendent. I dont need to because I run premium consumables.

I run the same in my Uda and Khab.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

3484401.jpg

Stronk Soviet Destroyer does not play capitalist game of hide and go sink. With strength like Soviet Ox and guns like Fascist machine gun it stands tall so everyone can see strength of the Soviet People. 

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

No no no! 

If you're keeping your distance and changing speed/direction frequently you don't need to worry about return fire. If anything, that's part of your job. Any shots fired at you and shots not being fired at friendlies.

On more thing regarding CE. It's almost better to NOT take CE as a means to passively detect enemy DDs. If you get detected whilst not firing, you need to turn around. Especially if you suspect it's a USN DD. 

He's 100% correct.