You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

WG's new 'wait for me' video

36 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

I wonder what ship features. DD-543 falls within the Fletcher range but is not assigned to one, according to Wikipedia.

• Cool 4

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,464 battles

Saw it earlier from the front page. Moving and well done.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Wow, what an excellent video.  Well done, WG.

It really puts the humanity of things into perspective, even in modern day terms.  All the problems we think we have on a daily basis, yet this is what others do to give us the freedom to do what we do.

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

I wonder what ship features. DD-543 falls within the Fletcher range but is not assigned to one, according to Wikipedia.

According to this list, DD-542 to DD-543 was cancelled.

WG did pretty good for a short film based on a poem. It reminds me of the poem used in the intro cinematic for Silent Hunter IV.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Very powerful. Was glad to have spent the time I did with my grandfather (Army - European theater WW2) when he would very rarely recount a story here or there. He told me the most terrible thing you can do is look down the end of a rifle and pull the trigger, killing a man who is just as scared and home sick as you.

He always did a trick with his hand where he would stick a magnet to his skin and it would stay there (shrapnel from an exploded shell).

He won medals but he said he never wanted them out as war was not glorious and he was not proud of being good at killing other men.

Edited by CapnCappy

[WWF2]
Members
593 posts
15,821 battles

They probably didn't want to show a real ship that died -- or even one that didn't.  A lot of little details were wrong.  It would have been a Navy officer (along with a chaplain) that notified the new widow and he wouldn't have given her the notice, nodded and walked off.  I'm sure there are more on the Japanese side was well but I don't know those as well.  But it's a visual poem, not a documentary; it's the visceral impact that counts, not the veracity.

War is hell and it behooves us who play this arcade game to reflect upon that once in a while.

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

This reminds me of the Scene in Pearl Harbor -

Soon afterward, Danny's father (William Fichtner) comes to take him home. He calls Rafe a "stupid boy" and beats Danny. In an effort to protect Danny, Rafe hits Danny's father with an old propeller and calls him a "dirty German". Danny's father reacts by saying he fought the Germans in the trenches in France during World War I, and that he prays that no one will ever have to see the things he saw.

Edited by Nachoo31

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,690 battles

I really enjoyed that. Been there a couple of times.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Very well done, WG. No, my eyes are naturally soggy.

According to this list, DD-542 to DD-543 was cancelled.

WG did pretty good for a short film based on a poem. It reminds me of the poem used in the intro cinematic for Silent Hunter IV.

According to this, DD-543 was cancelled in favor of a 600-number Benson class.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,397 posts
29,476 battles

It is amazing how a video game company can produce such a compelling video with seam less integration of cgi and real life.

Extremely well produced.

Just last night, whilst in match, I had an occasion to mention war is hell. Go all out, do everything to win as the other outcome is unthinkable. And finally,  if your willing to send 1 in harms way, send all...

Ty Lert for bringing this video to my attention.

Well done WG

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

Very well done, WG. No, my eyes are naturally soggy.

According to this, DD-543 was cancelled in favor of a 600-number Benson class.

Interesting. I was wondering why the hull numbers skipped

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Well, that was better than Nicholas Cage's new movie.