You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarrior

Better torpedo angle markings

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,776 posts
6,776 battles
​The problem
​When I play Atago for example and I want to torp I get this giant green torpedo area which shows in which direction I can torp. The area it shows is for both launchers and when both are ready you have one giant green area. This makes it difficult for me to make a nice torpedo wall, often causes me to only launch 1 set.

​Solution
​I think it would be nice if there is a difference in colour, or a patern, for your complete angle and the torplauncher you are aiming with. That way I can keep this in mind while making a manoeuvre and not having to find out during it. Not only for Atago.

Torp%20angle.jpg

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,436 battles

Not needed IMO. It just takes practice and you know the capabilities, and limitations, of your ship.

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

So basically a per launcher arc delineation?

Interesting, I always try to cycle them with the 'C' key to check, this might help avoid that extra step, which isn't really a skill increase, just extra busy work.

Would this cause FPS and performance issue though for the barely holding on potato PC players out there? 

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

You realize there's already a very vocal minority that wants torpedo aim assist removed all together, right?

You're just giving them ammo while they still haven't learned WASD h4cks.

Members
1,776 posts
6,776 battles

Not needed IMO. It just takes practice and you know the capabilities, and limitations, of your ship.

WarGaming already shows the limitations of the ship, but this is only when you have fired one set. Why wouldn't they do this for when both torplaunchers are ready to fire?

So basically a per launcher arc delineation?

Interesting, I always try to cycle them with the 'C' key to check, this might help avoid that extra step, which isn't really a skill increase, just extra busy work.

Would this cause FPS and performance issue though for the barely holding on potato PC players out there? 

​I know, but usually when I make my manoeuvre I don't have the time to press c. It often has to be done in the reload time of battleships. :)

You realize there's already a very vocal minority that wants torpedo aim assist removed all together, right?

You're just giving them ammo while they still haven't learned WASD h4cks.

​I know, but to be honest I don't think that is a bad idea. I doubt whether you will see a skill difference at the higher tiers. I think by removing the aim assist you will create better players tbh. On the other hand I am a close range torper (who thinks long range, 8km+, comes down to luck or potato).

​So I would vote for removing the aim assist of torpedoes. (Kinda off topic; but WG should look into a realistic mode like WT. A gamemode without aim assist, smoke circles, IDs above an enemy ship and such.)