You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Balaise

Best tier to have fun question?

26 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
82 battles

I'm new to the game. 

Just bought Konig Albert and I started going down German BB tech line.

I enjoy the game so far but I'm not really interested in making it to tier 10 since I'm not interested in endgame present or future content.

Not interested in clans also. I'm tired of grinding from World of tanks and other games...

I'm not much interested at going to higher tier if it's only to see bigger guns with moreless the same gameplay.

My question is: What would be the best tier for me to have fun?

Should I stay at tier 3 with my Konig Albert? Or the game truly become better at a particular tier.

For example, I think about World of Tank starts truly to feel like a game of tanks at tier 5.

Thanks for your advice.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Hard to say. T3-T6 make money.

T5-T6 became tougher lately (especially to cruisers) due to changes done to MM.

T3 is fun. Ships like Nassau, König Albert, St. Louis are good no matter what.

T4 is more fun to me. Ships like Isokaze, Clemson, Izyaslav are my perennial favorites since way back. Newer additions like Kaiser are worthwhile.

If you like BBs, (outside of Premiums), New Mexico (T6) is a wonderful ship. Bayern is proving to be one of the best at T6. Kongo and Fuso are powerful, fast, and fun, but not for everybody.

My non-Premium favorite BB is currently Amagi, and I am warming up to my new Bismarck. Nagato and Gneisenau (T7) are really good, but different.

I understand your disinterest in T10 or doing a ton of grinding, but I disagree with the concept of it being "endgame". It isn't. There is no endgame. It is just another tier, with much more powerful ships, but also powerful competition and expensive to maintain. Not for everybody, granted.

Edited by alexf24

Members
267 posts
4,277 battles

right now the best tiers are propably:

T 3-4 because of preferential MM

T 7 because the ripple effect of the MM makes you face tier 5-6 more then 70% of the time, plus it is fairly balanced

T 8 for me personally the best tier with balanced ships (-Tash and NO) and unique playstyles (also thru premium ships)

before the MM changes T5-6 were the sweet spot for most and T5 still has lots of cool ships

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,681 battles

Tier 5 is the sweet spot in this game. I enjoy T4-T6 the most and find it less fun at T8-T10. Keep in mind that the only changes to the ships as you go up in tiers is their capabilities - bigger guns, more range, better torps - but there is variety between the nation lines. Tactics do tend to change a bit at higher tiers as well. I feel WG is trying to force T5 play and excitement at T9 and T10 with some of their recent changes. Not sure that is going to work.

I suggest you play through T7 at a minimum. Then you will know where the most fun is. Good luck!

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

T 7 because the ripple effect of the MM makes you face tier 5-6 more then 70% of the time, plus it is fairly balanced

T 8 for me personally the best tier with balanced ships (-Tash and NO) and unique playstyles (also thru premium ships)

before the MM changes T5-6 were the sweet spot for most and T5 still has lots of cool ships

These mirror my thoughts as well! :) 
  • Cool 1

Members
5,202 posts

Ditto

Members
358 posts
11,954 battles

I'm new to the game. 

Just bought Konig Albert and I started going down German BB tech line.

I enjoy the game so far but I'm not really interested in making it to tier 10 since I'm not interested in endgame present or future content.

Not interested in clans also. I'm tired of grinding from World of tanks and other games...

I'm not much interested at going to higher tier if it's only to see bigger guns with moreless the same gameplay.

My question is: What would be the best tier for me to have fun?

Should I stay at tier 3 with my Konig Albert? Or the game truly become better at a particular tier.

For example, I think about World of Tank starts truly to feel like a game of tanks at tier 5.

Thanks for your advice.

Bud l would tell you T3 - T6  and even T7 because of the Great T7 Ship's

But if I was stuck at a Tier or Two... lt would be  > (( """ T5 - 6 :great: """ ))

Edited by NorthBayite

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,858 posts
30,564 battles

Tier 4 is the best right now IMHO. Tier 5 used to be. I have the most fun in Random games in the lower tiers because I suck at the game and lots of newbies are there so I don't stand out as REALLY sucking. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

Right now 4 is the best of the low tier, 7 is the best of for upper (if you want to avoid end game content).

2 is downright silly, and 1 is the most relaxing.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,659 battles

For someone newer to the game I'd say 4 since you won't see anything above it. For someone with experience in the game I'd say 7 since you're mostly going to be top tier. Others have explained why.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Best Tier is Tier 10 because you will always be top tier. However I hate playing BB's and CV's at that tier. Moskva, Zao, and gunboat DD's are the only ships I enjoy playing at that tier. 

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

I play all the tiers, but I have the most "fun" in tier 3 and 4 matches.

As already stated, tier 5 to 6 used to be great, now not so much.

And tier 10 well, ah.. it's horrible up there, I rarely play those now.

It also depends on what ships you play as to what tier you'll enjoy the most.

That Konig Albert is a great little ship and a ton of fun to play! good purchase!

Edited by Capt_Pessundo

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
29,057 battles

TIV-VII

Ishizuchi & Clemson are too fun.

Seven is my preferred tho, The Yorck, Nagato, Keilbasa, Saipan are all a blast.

Really, anything 4-7 is fine. Some T8, Tirp & Atago is fun too, that is until you get drug into a TX Match with all the crap there. I have played TX quite a bit, i just genuinely prefer the TIV-VII.

TX, well, it is so expensive that it turned out to not be worth it all. I will go back some day, but not now.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Members
189 posts
11,572 battles

Wow, this is a loaded question.  I guess the answer is what do you feel comfortable with?  Now, to be clear, a "Tier 1" is a game in which the max ship in the game is T1.  Tier 2 is going to see a max of T2, etc...

T1 and T2 are hilarious for the pew-pew factor.  At this tier, you're basically all running the same ship with few differences between classes.  Generally, you're only going to have CA's and DD's; however, the Mikasa is also a T2, but it's a battleship with disturbing secondaries.

T3 is where the lines really start taking on their characters.  It's where you can finally start getting BBs.  You start to see the gun heavy USN vs the torp heavy IJN.  The Russian start taking on that YOLO factor and the Germans are closer to the USN at this point than their own.  Ship repair costs are still low and you have newbs that haven't figured out rudder shifts yet in their shiny new BBs.  Yummy in a destroyer.

T4 is my favorite tier to play.  It centers on T3 ships (remember, T4 means the max tier you're going to see, not necessarily the tier everybody's going to play), so ships like the St. Louis (aka Battleship Lite) and the Tenryu come into play.  I have my Campbeltown that I love to play at this level.  Damage values are starting to mount, but HP still remains relatively the same.  Since the economy takes the level of the ship you are dealing damage to into account, you can score some pretty big credits.  As with T3 matches, repair costs are almost negligible.

T5 and T6 are fun because this is where the ships really come into their own.  You start seeing the heavy AA in the USN cruisers and the abysmal turret speed of the IJN CAs.  The USN Nicolas gets the amazing 127mm guns that you retain all the way through the Fletcher.

T7 begins to get a little tricky.  The cost of ship repairs at this point starts to become a concern.  Tactics are also beginning to change.  YOLO charges are more often failures than not and a winning team depends on teamwork.

T8 through T10 really depends on skill.  At T8, radar is becoming wide spread so smoke firing is less effective.  At T9, ships are reaching their zenith and by the time you hit T10, going solo is quick suicide, the ships are just that good.  Earning creds is difficult with massive repair bills.

The short answer is, play what you like and what you feel comfortable in.  While I have T8 ships in my port, most of my play is done at T4 - T6.

Members
6 posts
82 battles

Thanks all for your quick responses!

From what I understand tier 8-10 are not so worth the trouble to get there.

Well, for now I guess.

It's nice to know that you dont have to be higher tiers to enjoy the best of WoWs gameplay.

Edited by Balaise

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Bud l would tell you T3 - T6  and even T7 because of the Great T7 Ship's

But if I was stuck at a Tier or Two... lt would be  > (( """ T5 - 6 :great: """ ))

that avatar..... Seems odd... I posted that meme (made it) Months ago.... nice swipe......:trollface:

Members
358 posts
11,954 battles

that avatar..... Seems odd... I posted that meme (made it) Months ago.... nice swipe......:trollface:

Thought it was appropriate... Thanks for making it!!!  

Members
4,608 posts

For me, T4-7, I have my ships I like to play, Imperator Nikolai, Ishuzichi, Texas, Arizona, Dunkerque, and Scharnhorst.  Non-premium, it would be the New Mexico, NY, and Nassau.  T8 has some nice ships, but getting into a T8-10 match is the most boring match in the game.  I'd rather play a 3v3 T1 match before getting into a T10 match with a T8 ship.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,858 posts
30,564 battles

Tier 10 for me.... (Yes, I'm strange.)

Most people like T6-7 the most, they make bank when you play well.

Not sure strange is the right word. From what I read in the forums yer unique! Glad to see at least one person has fun at upper tiers, maybe there is hope!