You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Red_Butcher

Ugh another bob bow need thread

25 comments in this topic

Members
124 posts
6,720 battles

As the title said its another thread about the dreaded nerf. I'm personally really disappointed in war gaming if this is the best possible solution they can come up with. Limiting torpedo reloads to 5 even 10 a game and dropping fire chance would have been better ways. This change hurts me personally though as I have a very aggressive plays time in battleships. I depend on my ability to bounce shells in order to close the distance and if the enemy can blow strait through the front end of my ship I don't have a chance in hell of ever successfully leading a charge. In random battles w/ out division mates leading a charge is no small task I go forward knowing full well that the majority of my team won't follow me but it keeps my cruisers from getting shot and allows me great opportunities to inflict damage. I suppose the difference is that I don't particularly care if I sink or not so long as I take more of them with me and my team can accomplish our objective. I'm far from being the best player out there but I refuse to cower at the rear away from the fight. Simply put, of all the potential solutions to curb battleship camping this seems to be the worst. Now I don't expect to see battleships moving anywhere as they are already terrified of scratching their precious ships. Fixing carriers would have been a great step to fixing the battleship camping issue, giving xp for tanking would be another one, as I said earlier limiting torpedo reloads, and lower fire chance would all be better though far from perfect ways of removing bb camping. Come now wargaming surely you can find a better solution to this problem.

• Cool 5

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I agree with you (not with the "reduce fire chance/ limit torpedoes" part, but that's a discussion for later). The best thing would have been to make an effort to bring back CVs. CVs make it impossible for people to sit still, reducing the amount of stale gameplay. In my opinion, the bow nerfs are going to make people even more reluctant to push forward. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

"Nerf the stuff we whined into oblivion EVEN HARDER"

When are you BaBBies finally going to wake the f- up, use your heads for once, and realize "HMM. IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME. MAYBE THAT MIGHT BE BECAUSE IT WASN'T REALLY OP IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND WE JUST SUCK"

• Cool 3

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

I love the "In order to fix BBs, you have to nerf every other class to be unplayable so that it's world of BBs"...

Do I agree that the bow armour change is not going to fix the issue? Yes

But nerfing other things isn't going to either. What they really need to do is make playing in closer much more worth it than playing at range. A simple exp reduction, or dispersion increase could do that...

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

When are you BaBBies finally going to wake the f- up, use your heads for once, and realize "HMM. IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME. MAYBE THAT MIGHT BE BECAUSE IT WASN'T REALLY OP IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND WE JUST SUCK"

Your caustic posts are annoying and childish. Please grow up. 

I don't disagree that nerfing the other classes is wrong, but there's a way to say that without attacking a large portion of the player base. 

I think one of the best solutions to this problem is to unnerf the turning radius and rudder shift times of battleships. Being able to react to a threat in less than 20 seconds would be greatly appreciated. Then, since ships can actually react, unnerf the spotting distances of the longer range torpedoes. Maybe not to the point where they used to be, because those 20km "Walls of Skill" were still ridiculous, but something to make them useable. 

• Cool 6

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

if you cannot adapt to changes..... the perhaps it is time for a change.....

I have to be the only one who has never once complained about everything people complain about in this game, (except that I complain about the whiners who complain) Even computer bugs....THIS IS A GAME... 

IT IS FREE, free to play, free to leave, free to chose what you want to spend real $$ on, if you want to... free to try and improve, or stay a potato, free to try any class, or line you want. Free to NOT play any class or line you want, and free to say what you want, but no one CARES!!!

Not ME, Not that other guy, not her, not WG, NO ONE... WHO FRIGGIN CARES what they do.. I have to go to work every morning regardless of what WG does to a BB... I have to pay my bills no matter what a DD gets nerfed into....I STILL play the game, I still ENJOY the game, I have played it almost every day for a year, and will play for another if I want. If I see that a ship I have becomes unplayable like I used to play it, I try to adjust, 

IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME...

If all that fails, I STOP playing it and move into one of DOZENS of ships I have, or maybe re-buy an old favorite....

I cannot, for the life of me, understand WHAT is so friggin amazing about you whiners, that you feel the absolute need to come into this forum, and WHINE like a kindergarten kid who got his crayons taken away from him, for writing on the walls and feel that you are within human dignity to cry about a game that was GIVEN to you, for NOTHING, and if they make changes they make them, it is their game, regardless of what you think they make them for..

Rant over

• Cool 5

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

if you cannot adapt to changes..... the perhaps it is time for a change.....

I have to be the only one who has never once complained about everything people complain about in this game, (except that I complain about the whiners who complain) Even computer bugs....THIS IS A GAME... 

IT IS FREE, free to play, free to leave, free to chose what you want to spend real $$ on, if you want to... free to try and improve, or stay a potato, free to try any class, or line you want. Free to NOT play any class or line you want, and free to say what you want, but no one CARES!!!

Not ME, Not that other guy, not her, not WG, NO ONE... WHO FRIGGIN CARES what they do.. I have to go to work every morning regardless of what WG does to a BB... I have to pay my bills no matter what a DD gets nerfed into....I STILL play the game, I still ENJOY the game, I have played it almost every day for a year, and will play for another if I want. If I see that a ship I have becomes unplayable like I used to play it, I try to adjust, 

IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME...

If all that fails, I STOP playing it and move into one of DOZENS of ships I have, or maybe re-buy an old favorite....

I cannot, for the life of me, understand WHAT is so friggin amazing about you whiners, that you feel the absolute need to come into this forum, and WHINE like a kindergarten kid who got his crayons taken away from him, for writing on the walls and feel that you are within human dignity to cry about a game that was GIVEN to you, for NOTHING, and if they make changes they make them, it is their game, regardless of what you think they make them for..

Rant over

Well even in a free-to-play game, the developers should respect the players' opinions. (although that turned out to be a bad thing in some situations *coughcoughwhineyBBaBBiescoughTorpedodetectionnerfscough*)

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

All the nerf is going to do is make it more punishing for BBs to charge in and act aggressively against other BBs. Thus, making it so sniping BBs will have an easier time staying afloat as they can easily out damage an advancing BB. So in the end, i'm sure this is just want all players want, BBs not pushing and just sitting back. 

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Adapt and overcome I guess. I've never been a camper. I usually go down because I tend to be overly aggressive and I've had to work on that.

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

As the title said its another thread about the dreaded nerf. I'm personally really disappointed in war gaming if this is the best possible solution they can come up with. Limiting torpedo reloads to 5 even 10 a game and dropping fire chance would have been better ways. 

Wait, so your solution is to nerf every other ship?!?  Thank god you are not in charge of making balancing decisions for wargaming...

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

"Don't nerf muh battleships!!! Nerf DD's even more!!!"

No sympathy for BB nerfs. You had it coming now adapt.

Adapting in this case is sitting away from the objectives and using as much range as possible. If i'm not mistaken, that's a complaint most players have with BBs atm right? Or do you prefer having to go forward with no support from BBs and having to deal with enemy CAs/DDs and the occasional BB without allied BBs helping?

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

I don't disagree that nerfing the other classes is wrong, but there's a way to say that without attacking a large portion of the player base. 

I think one of the best solutions to this problem is to unnerf the turning radius and rudder shift times of battleships. Being able to react to a threat in less than 20 seconds would be greatly appreciated. Then, since ships can actually react, unnerf the spotting distances of the longer range torpedoes. Maybe not to the point where they used to be, because those 20km "Walls of Skill" were still ridiculous, but something to make them useable. 

Doesn't do enough. Let's say you give them near CA mobility high tier.......then you suddenly realize how tier 10 CAs play at high tier. Then you facepalm when you realize you would still camp.

Even if you turn like in 4-6 it still won't be enough to compensate how OP guns are. People are still not going to push when they immediately engage half the map's worth of enemies as soon as they are lit.

4-6 only have enjoyable gameplay with that kind of mobility because armor actually exists enough to matter, and more importantly guns are not yet drastically overpowered as it is in high tiers.

More accurate solution is to nerf the guns. All the guns.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

All the nerf is going to do is make it more punishing for BBs to charge in and act aggressively against other BBs. Thus, making it so sniping BBs will have an easier time staying afloat as they can easily out damage an advancing BB. So in the end, i'm sure this is just want all players want, BBs not pushing and just sitting back. 

Don't forget though, with the new reward system, if you're a BB snipe camper, your going to see your rewards reduced, because you aren't spotting, causing any spotting damage, or accumulating potential damage.

So if you're already bemoaning repair costs, they'll get worse. So what do you do? You can alter your playstyle, so although you aren't hitting people with your sword, you're engaging at a useful range. Or you give up BBs. Do you switch to DDs? They can be tricky to play, and have nerfs of their own. What about CAs? If you're quitting BBs, others must be too, so there will be fewer of them to contend with. Plus CAs are getting radar buffs, and will have an upgrade available that cuts rudder shift almost in half. Sure, why not?

End result, more CAs and fewer BBs, with the ones remaining being better played overall.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

Don't forget though, with the new reward system, if you're a BB snipe camper, your going to see your rewards reduced, because you aren't spotting, causing any spotting damage, or accumulating potential damage.

So if you're already bemoaning repair costs, they'll get worse. So what do you do? You can alter your playstyle, so although you aren't hitting people with your sword, you're engaging at a useful range. Or you give up BBs. Do you switch to DDs? They can be tricky to play, and have nerfs of their own. What about CAs? If you're quitting BBs, others must be too, so there will be fewer of them to contend with. Plus CAs are getting radar buffs, and will have an upgrade available that cuts rudder shift almost in half. Sure, why not?

End result, more CAs and fewer BBs, with the ones remaining being better played overall.

What am i going to do? Same thing i do every time, try to do better than the last time. Which, is kinda hard considering how adverse other ships are to brawling. I know i'm not a good BB captain, but atleast i charge, that has to count for something... right?

ZWzVeUk.jpg

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

What am i going to do? Same thing i do every time, try to do better than the last time. Which, is kinda hard considering how adverse other ships are to brawling. I know i'm not a good BB captain, but atleast i charge, that has to count for something... right?

ZWzVeUk.jpg

Maybe that's just it, the new successful BB player isn't sniping, and isn't leading charges and fighting at close range. Maybe the key to success will be mid-range support of charges led by a greater number of CAs.

You'll likely be one of the BB players that adapts, rather than quits. You'll get comfortable with tempering your aggression short of sniping from 20km.

[MWM]
Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
6,431 battles

Limiting torpedo reloads to 5 even 10 a game and dropping fire chance would have been better ways.

You know high tier dd's can get about 10 a match off at most usually right? mostly in the upper tiers.  Hell if I shoot my shims torpedoes off as SOON as they are loaded ill get 10 off in a match.  Now how often am i ready to fire all the time?  yeah...  So lets think about what we post first ok?

Also welcome to being a cruiser in higher tiers where angling doesnt really matter.

Edited by Skraeling

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

Maybe that's just it, the new successful BB player isn't sniping, and isn't leading charges and fighting at close range. Maybe the key to success will be mid-range support of charges led by a greater number of CAs.

You'll likely be one of the BB players that adapts, rather than quits. You'll get comfortable with tempering your aggression short of sniping from 20km.

Nothing will really change sadly if the costs of higher tier ships still take all of your income if you get sunk and lack a very good run.

Members
124 posts
6,720 battles

Wait, so your solution is to nerf every other ship?!?  Thank god you are not in charge of making balancing decisions for wargaming...

They can take my gun accuracy away I'm ok with that. Anyway I play the other classes, despite the punishing world cruisers sail in I still enjoy them but I really do believe that their ability to set fires is a bit rediculius given that said fires are deck fires and should only do superficial damage and destroy secondaries/ aa guns ( does fire even do that in game?) as for the torps do you actually fire 10 full reloads in a game? If you are I'm suprised the point there is to put a hard number that will cause players to think that they have a finite amount of torps and thus use them strategically rather than fire off walls in the hopes of hitting. If we're going to have unlimited torps when most ships didn't even carry reloads why aren't we giving carriers unlimited planes?

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Doesn't do enough. Let's say you give them near CA mobility high tier.......then you suddenly realize how tier 10 CAs play at high tier. Then you facepalm when you realize you would still camp.

Even if you turn like in 4-6 it still won't be enough to compensate how OP guns are. People are still not going to push when they immediately engage half the map's worth of enemies as soon as they are lit.

4-6 only have enjoyable gameplay with that kind of mobility because armor actually exists enough to matter, and more importantly guns are not yet drastically overpowered as it is in high tiers.

More accurate solution is to nerf the guns. All the guns.

Well, the maneuverability would be more to counter torpedoes, but if a threat pops up and it takes you 20 second to effect a full rate turn, there's significantly less chance of evading the incoming shot. That's why cruisers are getting that new rudder shift module in the next patch. It brings rudder shift times down into the 5.5 second realm when combined with the other rudder shift module. This is to increase maneuverability, which increases survivability, because a maneuvering target is far more difficult to hit. If I see a ship shoot at me from long range, as it stands now, the rounds are hitting about the same time as I reach half rudder. Good luck evading anything with that.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

If we're going to have unlimited torps when most ships didn't even carry reloads why aren't we giving carriers unlimited planes?

Why aren't we giving ships limited shells?

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

No thx :)

The only people I possibly offended are the people it rightfully applies to that are causing the problem.

I think the general idea of it though is "hmmm. Maybe you should be PREDICTING threats and constantly staying active instead of just sailing in a straight line. That way you don't need to "react to threats in under 20 seconds.". It's not... hard. You're a BB... you're ALWAYS under threat. BB drivers need to start acting like it instead of complaining they have to think.

Still- I agree with you. The turn radius and rudder shift at high tiers (from what I've seen and looked at in the stats) is much too unforgiving. This was a result of the stupid nerfs on IJN torps. IJN torps need their speed back. They should not be worse than USN torpedoes outside of the damage stat... it's ludicrous. There's no point in being a torpedo boat if your torpedoes can't hit jack-**** that has a brain even point blank unless you launch a "wall of skill". Torpedo boats should not have to launch all their torps to have a chance of hitting something. That's how it currently is because they've ruined their damn torps so much. If it wasn't for that- people wouldn't always be launching their full salvos because they wouldn't NEED to. Less to dodge... less to complain about... Meanwhile USN DDs have BETTER, FASTER torps (seriously. Range past 15km only matters for harassment purposes), with lower detection radius. THEY ARE OP for a boat that's supposed to be a gunboat/jack of all trades. They need nerfs. IJN torps need buffs. Do that- and THEN unnerfing the turn radius on high tier BBs becomes an acceptable change. That's the whole reason they were nerfed in the first place- because the IJN torps nerfs happened.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,632 battles

"I suppose the difference is that I don't particularly care if I sink or not so long as I take more of them with me and my team can accomplish our objective. "

Give this man a MF Medal! +1 dude. Unfortunately - WG seeks to punish these players by removing their ability to tank damage.