You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Trustworthy WOWS addon sites?

16 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

Aslain's mod installer is broken, can't connect to server to fetch files.

Googling turns up some pretty shady looking WoWS mod sites, not sure if anyone's reliable.

Any recommendations?

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

anything from NA, EU, or RU mod addon forum is safe. If you're willing to install one mod at a time

Members
358 posts
11,954 battles

Aslain's mod installer is broken, can't connect to server to fetch files.

Googling turns up some pretty shady looking WoWS mod sites, not sure if anyone's reliable.

Any recommendations?

Yeah mate what do you need Mod's for?

I have been playing with "No Mod's at All" and do not have a need for any... WOWS has made many adaptation's and improvements to game that removes the need for Mod's.

But I guess there will always be modder's... I just do not see any reason (Must be a sign of my age :tea_cap: ) for them... And with the climate towards Mod's :izmena: why would you want them?... Maybe a valid reason... :hmm: I just can not see the benefit...  Can you give me an idea of a good mod that has not already been provided in game.... Just curious TY  :honoring: 

Edited by NorthBayite

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

I have been playing with "No Mod's at All" and do not have a need for any... WOWS has made many adaptation's and improvements to game that removes the need for Mod's.

But I guess there will always be modder's... I just do not see any reason (Must be a sign of my age :tea_cap: ) for them... And with the climate towards Mod's :izmena: why would you want them?... Maybe a valid reason... :hmm: I just can not see the benefit...  Can you give me an idea of a good mod that has not already been provided in game.... Just curious TY  :honoring: 

MajorRenagade's ship icons are very useful, showing ship's detection range, torp range, top speed, max shell damage.

Minimap with ship names is also very useful, so you know who's spotted and where. Minimap mod showing each quadrant's actual size also helps with estimating target speed.

Things like zoom out mod to increase visibility, and shell tracer color mod to give visual indication on what type of shells are fired, all useful.

There are also running light mod showing enemy's moving forward or in reverse, helps with aiming.

list goes on.

Edited by NeutralState

Members
358 posts
11,954 battles

MajorRenagade's ship icons are very useful, showing ship's detection range, torp range, top speed, max shell damage.

Minimap with ship names is also very useful, so you know who's spotted and where.

Things like zoom out mod to increase visibility, and shell tracer color mod to give visual indication on what type of shells are fired, all useful.

There are also running light mod showing enemy's moving forward or in reverse, helps with aiming.

list goes on.

Maybe this would be good to pass up to the developer's to add them to the game?  They have already added a lot... I am sure if they where beneficial they would add these too?  :B    I do like the higher definition of colour of the shell types fired that I have seen in Vid's that I can see as super beneficial. 
Edited by NorthBayite

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Should be a WG made modpack sitting around on the RU forums.

fixed that for ya

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

I use the flagpacks, usually to get the rising sun on IJN ships.

Occasionally I load up custom camos as well (there is a stunning re-skin of Blyskawica in Aslains)

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

But Russian is hard :(

not that hard, I don't really need to read the language, it have a nice picture preview like Aslain modpack does. Make it easy to see what mod you're selecting 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The only mod i am considering is one that shows the angle of the ship i'm firing at. It's sometimes hard to detect small angles. Other than that, i don't really think mods would be useful for me.