You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Serge_SC

Update 0.5.11.1 game broken

16 comments in this topic

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

What changed on the 0.5.11.1 update?

Whatever it was, has rendered the game not slow, but completely unplayable. Game crashes immediately after login, and eating over 2GB of RAM, but a complete frozen screen.

I can log in, but once I log in, complete crash. Cannot click, cannot use shortcuts, won't load the match, just a frozen loading screen and nothing else. I have relaunched the game several times to no success. Complete crash.

What did you break?

Beta Testers
81 posts
2,739 battles

For me - Running on a Macbook Pro - I can play about 5 or so matches.

And then during random events in a match, it will freeze. 

Sometimes I can just exit straight to the desktop, Force Quit the app, and relaunch.  But sometimes I cant even do that and I have to do a hard reboot.

Macs hate that.  I do too.

I've thought about doing the whole Uninstall and Reinstall thing to see if that helps.  But instead I try to do just 4 matches and then call it good and exit the app.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Playing right now - working fine for me. So, the question is what did you break?

Although a good question, I only turned my computer, launched the game, and constant crashes.

The latest patch made my game completely unplayable.

I tried today to no avail. The game logs in, loads, and after a couple of seconds, it crashes, no sound, no animation, no nothing. Just a fixed image, no 1.5GB ram being used, and nothing else.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

For me - Running on a Macbook Pro - I can play about 5 or so matches.
And then during random events in a match, it will freeze. 
Sometimes I can just exit straight to the desktop, Force Quit the app, and relaunch.  But sometimes I cant even do that and I have to do a hard reboot.

Macs hate that.  I do too.
I've thought about doing the whole Uninstall and Reinstall thing to see if that helps.  But instead I try to do just 4 matches and then call it good and exit the app.

I thought about that, with the latest broken patch on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have heard of terrible stories on Macs...

[FAILD]
Members
91 posts
7,536 battles

Although a good question, I only turned my computer, launched the game, and constant crashes.

I tried today to no avail. The game logs in, loads, and after a couple of seconds, it crashes, no sound, no animation, no nothing. Just a fixed image, no 1.5GB ram being used, and nothing else.

run the game, when the screen come up where u hit the play button look up in the right hand corner of teh sceen you will see a setting click on that

click on the button that says support  click the check button it will run a self check of teh game

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Did you try to repair the install from the launcher (settings --> support --> check and repair game integrity)? Could be a corrupted file somewhere.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

run the game, when the screen come up where u hit the play button look up in the right hand corner of teh sceen you will see a setting click on that

click on the button that says support  click the check button it will run a self check of teh game

I ran that this morning. Apparently it didnt solve it. I shall try later to do that again and see how it goes.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Did you try to repair the install from the launcher (settings --> support --> check and repair game integrity)? Could be a corrupted file somewhere.

Yeah I did. The strange thing is the game launches, loads, and logs in, but then just crashes.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Sounds like you have corrupted flash and visual C++ files

remove all-

replace all-

How should I do that? Uninstall and reinstall the game? (Again?)

Members
3,014 posts

How should I do that? Uninstall and reinstall the game? (Again?)

No...I'd go to the control panel of windows-

look for the visual C++ files and remove them (uninstall)

Assuming-Hoping you're using Windows 8-10

Run a Windows update check. 

Do a quick scan of the system for malware.

Reboot the system...

Delete-Remove your WoWs folder...and empty the Recycle Bin.

Defrag the system, then bring in a fresh install of WoWs.

So this will take half the day.  And if this doesn't fix it, then we probably have a WiFi or Ethernet issue to look at.

Use Ethernet to bring the new game into your system- saves times!

Members
491 posts
10,529 battles

I am getting the "critical error ocurred" thing every session. The game get frozen and is an insta loss.

I have submitted tickets, and I have done every suggestion/fix they told me.

None of them worked. The game still crashes, I ve reinstalled a lot of times, used the useless repair/diagnostic utility.

I think they don't even know about their own game's common issues.

I am thinking to quit playing.