You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Binkley

What the heck is wrong with some players

26 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
Beta Testers
471 posts
10,455 battles

Took the Sims out this morning.  Was starting out have one heck of a game.  Took down 3 DD's in the first 90 seconds of the game and got a double strike... and then got torped by a friendly Gremy.  A Gremy?  You've had to be around a long time to have a Gremy.  This wasn't any newbie.

Ok, so I brushed it off, didn't really say anything, and got back in the game.  Sunk a Svietlana a couple minutes later, and I'm thinking this could be one heck of a game.  By this point, our section of the map has thinned out and I've got a clear approach to a crippled Fury-taco behind an island.  I'm 5 seconds from popping around the island, dropping torps, and securing a Kraken.  BOOM... the same freaking Gremy torped me again.  

What the heck is wrong with some captains.  It seems like some players and soon as they get in a DD, they click the Battle button and leave their brains in port.  Please for the love of Neptune, DD drivers, stop dropping torps behind your allies.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

You did rage and report him right?  And he felt bad about his lack of common sense right? 

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

That sucks, you think it was intentional team killing? Or just negligent. I know you can look up a players score, what about team kill record?

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Dude it happens. I've been torped, shot and rammed. I've shot and rammed my own teammates by accident. Been pink and felt like a wet dog. Happens in the heat of battle. Let it go.

[SIM]
Members
1,745 posts

Wow i was beginning to think i was the only one in warships that had gotten friendly torps from the same person twice in a game .

It really sucks !

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Someone is going yandere to you. Show your fan some love.

• Cool 1

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

You did rage and report him right?  And he felt bad about his lack of common sense right? 

I second the bit about reporting that player. Once in a game from a player is an accident. Twice is either intentional or the mother of all coincidences. As for the player feeling bad about his lack of common sense... I really doubt it. Can't be sure without seeing a replay but, this sounds like someone who either just didn't care if he hit a friendly or was intentionally trying to hit a friendly.

Edited by jkirschy
  • Cool 1

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles

Hmm, my record reachs around 10 salvos fired at me, only got hit twice but what counts is how much times he fired at you. (Although i believe that guy was either lacking brain cells, because EVERYONE in our team was telling him to stop, he was in a Phoenix trying to torp a ship 10km away from him, and i was in the middle.)

Edited by clowlock

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Really don't know man, been noticing this a lot lately as well. It seems to come and go in waves with new members, but also sticks with some old members. In fact I went to upload a replay of a New Mexico match I had today, not a huge "OMG damage" but a decent on where I brawled 2 other New Mexico's and angled a ton of damage while dishing out 125k myself and taking them both down and noticed that I had some comments on an old replay. I check it out and noticed a long time member, who shall remain nameless, had not only commented on a replay that he was in (one that he raged in game on then proceeded to contact me after the game and rage at me further), but then visit the replay again and comment on it again over a month later...

I seriously have no idea what is with some people. lol

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

Yep I reported him.  I'm not really sure if the reporting system does anything however.

Did you report him using the in-game report option or send a support ticket in with a replay file attached? Reason I'm asking is the in-game report option doesn't do much, but sending in a support ticket with a replay file attached will get a human to actually look at what happened and may get the offender a suspension and/or strike on his account.

Edit:

Probably a stupid question, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Edited by jkirschy

[GUTS]
Beta Testers
471 posts
10,455 battles

Did you report him using the in-game report option or send a support ticket in with a replay file attached? Reason I'm asking is the in-game report option doesn't do much, but sending in a support ticket with a replay file attached will get a human to actually look at what happened and may get the offender a suspension and/or strike on his account.

I used the in-game system.  I'll keep this in mind for the next time.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i was in ishzuchi and friendly clemson torped me on two separate occasions.  total of 5 torps and 25k dmg.  luckily I didn't sink and wasn't on cool down but it was bad.  at least he used his smoke to smoke me   twice in the match .      I did like 110k dmg in the match, so can't complain too hard.

Members
95 posts
3,767 battles

Eh, today is especially bad. Awful random games, so I do some Co-Op to release some steam, same awful players, managed to actually get 1 loss and 1 draw... on Co-Op!!!

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Took the Sims out this morning.  Was starting out have one heck of a game.  Took down 3 DD's in the first 90 seconds of the game and got a double strike... and then got torped by a friendly Gremy.  A Gremy?  You've had to be around a long time to have a Gremy.  This wasn't any newbie.

Ok, so I brushed it off, didn't really say anything, and got back in the game.  Sunk a Svietlana a couple minutes later, and I'm thinking this could be one heck of a game.  By this point, our section of the map has thinned out and I've got a clear approach to a crippled Fury-taco behind an island.  I'm 5 seconds from popping around the island, dropping torps, and securing a Kraken.  BOOM... the same freaking Gremy torped me again.  

What the heck is wrong with some captains.  It seems like some players and soon as they get in a DD, they click the Battle button and leave their brains in port.  Please for the love of Neptune, DD drivers, stop dropping torps behind your allies.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more, but it seems that in the past week I've had a significant uptick in that panic moment of hear my torp warning go off (while playing DDs) and searching for them only to find they are "friendly" and then thinking to myself....wow, that was way too close...

Members
3,014 posts

Well, you should at least try to dodge his torpedoes instead of being tunnel-visioned.

Who asked you and what do you know to begin with? Who said anything about tunnel vision while approaching the turn around an island.  For the love of God, where in the hell do these idiots spawn from and where is the birth control that's supposed to cease this brainless generation..???

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,857 battles

If you are getting hit by torps in a DD, especially ally torps because you can see them coming, then you are doing it wrong.

yea, nevermind the guy doing it wrong in the 1st place by launching torps that can hit friendlies... Kinda hard to look behind you to 'see' those torps when you got your hands full dodging whats coming from the enemy in front of you.

If you hit a friendly with your torpedoes you can't blame the guy for not dodging your poorly timed and thought out torpedo launch.

[GAMMA]
Members
21 posts
2,856 battles

I got full on broadside torped by an entire DD spread the other day inmy BB.  The captain did not appear to care who he hit.

My biggest beef is when people tell me I am playing my IJN BB wrong by sniping at 15-20km and they start ranting in chat.  IJN BB can not brawl.  I tried it last night just to see if I was wrong.  A New York laid waste to me Nagata at 5 to 10km, I was angled and he was not.  Tried water line..nope...tried above...nope...tried forward...nope.

Then there is the entire team camping point A while enemy team camps B and C the whole match.  I try to get B and get WTFBBQPWnr..match lost.

Your right...what is wrong with people.

/rant off.

• Cool 1