Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_Arashi

Hai

15 comments in this topic

[CUTIE]
Members
277 posts
7,035 battles

Hai,

Just started playing Warships. I originally played and is still playing (on a less regular basis) World of Tanks Blitz, but am hoping to play this a lot more. A little about me: most of my family has served in the Navy. Naturally, I developed a love for warships, and in particular the Iowa. Two questions, is the USN BB line a good line for a beginner? I have more of brawler playstyle, and I heard the German BBs are great for this playstyle. Second, is the tier 10 German BB worth it?

Thanks and fair seas!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,725 posts
26,569 battles

USN battleships are for the most part middle-of-the-road. It's the German line that is 1) the brawler line and 2) the n00b-friendly line. The tier 10 is - ... well, don't treat this game as a race to tier 10. There's no end game. The game is what happens while you play it. This doesn't mean that the tier 10 is bad, just that I'm recommending you don't focus on it but enjoy the game as it happens.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Well, the Tier 10 German BB depends if you like it or not, simply put.

Yes, USN BB line is a somewhat good line for beginners. 

Good luck~!!

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on boardside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 

See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChasegaming, Notser and even the Might Jingles have really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful. 

• Cool 1

Members
195 posts
786 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on boardside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 

See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChasegaming, Notser and even the Might Jingles have really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful. 

Oh and Arreoon

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

Welcome to the game, hope you enjoy yourself. Also *squints*, is that Shoukaku? Can't quite tell. Picture is so small, and these old man eyes.....:hmm:

[CUTIE]
Members
277 posts
7,035 battles

Welcome to the game, hope you enjoy yourself. Also *squints*, is that Shoukaku? Can't quite tell. Picture is so small, and these old man eyes.....:hmm:

​:> Possibly...

Another question for you all, how do I give the right led to targets?

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Welcome (or maybe welcome back) The USN BB line is ok, slow. I'm only at tier 6 right now.  IMO the German line is the best, lots of fun, brawling close in. The teir 8 (Bismark- so much fun) for me is the goal of the german lone, not to interested in the 9 & 10.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Practice. You have a targeting reticle with a messured line. You quickly learn which ships near what lead. Of course that gets harder when they don't sail in strait lines lol

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

You should consider watching his entire "Captain's Academy" series. Some very good info in there.

Also: :medal:Shoukaku=best carrier girl :3

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

RUN. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Or you know- if you make the wrong choice and choose to stay, welcome to hell.

German BBs do indeed do a great job at brawling. If you find they're too slow for your playstyle I'd also suggest (gotta get pretty far up the line and used to not being nuked) the german cruisers for it. They have amazing torpedo angles that are more than acceptable at close range for anyone that tries to sneak up on you, or for dealing with a Battleship you have no chance of outrunning or getting away from. Their guns are great at range (AP) and when you get up close it just gets even better. Their armor is also very respectable once you get to the Hipper- though it still feels like tissue paper. Angling is pretty effective on them so once you get that down you can use them as brawlers. Takes a touch though.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

As a very VEEEEERY general rule of thumb just to get you started....

Go to your options menu and look around (I believe it's under "controls" tab) for "alternative battle interface" or something of that nature. It turns on additional information above enemies such as their distance from you. Theres really no reason to ever not have it on imo and it's necessary for what I'm about to say.

Again- VERY general rule of thumb, and this applies SPECIFICALLY to cruisers (you have to lower lead with battleships and raise it drastically with dds in most cases). If you line up (standard) reticule at max zoom's number on the line with the distance in km from the target, that's approximately how far you need to aim in front of them at top speed. Make sure to actually lead in front of them- not just move the reticule sideways like I see a lot of people do... the ship's not always moving directly horizontally. Should be common sense, but you'd be surprised....

Also remember- aim where the ship is GOING TO BE, not where it's currently heading. A little predictive power goes a very long way in battle.

My most important piece of advice though- don't get reliant on the numbers. 99% of being an effective aim is just getting a feel for it and knowing like a sixth sense. Try to get that down once you have the general hang of it.

Sign in to follow this